Ensworth vs Father Ryan

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well is Ricky Bowers going to show any mercy to the Irish or is he going to put the hammer down?

Anyone want to take bets on when the mercy rule is implemented?

I love Ensworth, and at times it seems they can score at will . . . but something tells me this will be relatively close. Like 35-28 EHS. Ensworth has a difficult remaining schedule.

Ensworth has a difficult remaining schedule.

Please.

Ryan has a difficult remaining schedule - Ensworth, MBA, and Brentwood Academy. Barring a siginficant upset along the line, the Bruce Lussier era goes sub-.500 and the pressure really intensifies.

EHS has a very manageable schedule, on the other hand. Ryan and Warren County are easy wins in absence of a boatload of turnovers and/or injuries. Neither school can score with EHS. BGA should be a good game. We will know more about BGA after the Wildcats' first really significant test of the year this week in Brentwood Academy. That game will tell BGA if it can stay with Ensworth.

Ouch--that's quite a closing to the season for the Irish---Ensworth, BA and MBA. Did they make Ronnie Carter mad?

Call it poetic justice.

At the time of the hire, there was a quote attributable to new hire at Father Ryan, and the gist of it was, when asked about coming over to Division II, ???I come from Oak Ridge. I know what good football is. This transition will not be that difficult.??? I wish someone would look it up and post a link to it; it really happened (The Tennessean archives are not good at all, unfortunately). Some things you just don??™t forget.

So, no, no one was made mad; it??™s a run-of-the mill, three-game Division II slate to end the season.

If Ensworth plays at the level that they have been playing all season this should be a relatively easy victory for the Tigers. Father Ryan will need some big breaks in this game if they want to win. I am not saying that it will not happen but it is pretty unlikely.

Ensworth's remaining schedule is not too difficult. Ryan and Warren co. should both be wins for the Tigers. Ensworth will also likely be the favorite to win over BGA. BGA is a good team but they struggled at home against Ryan and Baylor who are mediocre at best. We will see how good BGA is after they play BA.

The father ryan people have been relatively quite this year juxtaposed to last year where they thought ryan was gonna beat the New England Patriots to win the title of best team ever.

I think Ensworth will win this game but it is gonna be a hard game to play because you know Ryan will bring the hat. (and the nuckles, late hits, illegal cut blocks and so on.).

I hope we get a big lead and get the starters out of the game.

The father ryan people have been relatively quite this year juxtaposed to last year where they thought ryan was gonna beat the New England Patriots to win the title of best team ever.

I think Ensworth will win this game but it is gonna be a hard game to play because you know Ryan will bring the hat. (and the nuckles, late hits, illegal cut blocks and so on.).

I hope we get a big lead and get the starters out of the game.

You're right about that. Father Ryan, regardless of their talent, will always draw you into a physically punishing game. Their LBs will blow your FBs' knees up better than anybody. Call it taking the low road or call it just creating a mass of humanity in the hole, but it will be physical. Let's not even talk about what they will do in the pile. When playing Ryan, whether you won by 50 or lost by 50, something will be hurting when you wake up on Saturday morning. You might be missing an eyeball that got gouged, your manhood may be swollen, or at worst case a torn ACL from a diving LB. Whatever it is, you know that every time you line up across from them that you better be ready to hit, you better have your head on a swivel, because they are looking to hit you . . . before the whistle, between whistles, and after the whistle.

Ensworth better be ready. . . because they are about to be in a fight in a baseball field . . . Yeah, why is that? Dang, get your own field you feisty Catholics.

I have watched Ryan play several times this year and have yet to see anything remotely dirty. There are no Mondellis on the team anymore. Maybe that is part of the problem. I don't think they have had a personal foul all year.

They cannot match up with Ensworth in athleticism. Ensworth should have a field day.

Ensworth played 3 tough games this year: McCallie (won in OT), MBA (big win but blew a 21 point lead and might have lost if not for a TD pass being taken away from MBA on a questionable penalty) and BGA.

BGA is likely to get real this week against BA and may not be that tough.

Ensworth is like the BCS bowl teams. Beat a couple of good teams. Play a bunch of sure-bet wins the rest of the way. Find yourself #1 after everyone else beats the tar out of each other.