Ensworth vs Father Ryan

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is not true. It would have put MBA up by 1 with about 8 minuetes and kept their momentum. Ensworth stopped them, forced a punt and then scored on the following drive. That is why it was a backbreaker. MBA would have won in my opinon. I still think MBA is the better theam and if they face each other again i promise you it will be a different outcome.

We must be thinking of a different play. The one I Recall was on MBA's last drive with less than a minute left in the game.

We must be thinking of a different play. The one I Recall was on MBA's last drive with less than a minute left in the game.

No. The play that was called back would have put MBA back in the lead after Ensworth had their 1st score in the 2nd half to regain the lead.

27-21 Ensworth at half. MBA has only score in the 3rd to go ahead 28-27.

Ensworth scores in 4th to get the lead back 34-28. MBA scores and it is called back. (Assuming extra point, MBA would have moved ahead 35-34)

Ensworth get the ball back and scores. Final 41-28.

No. The play that was called back would have put MBA back in the lead after Ensworth had their 1st score in the 2nd half to regain the lead.

27-21 Ensworth at half. MBA has only score in the 3rd to go ahead 28-27.

Ensworth scores in 4th to get the lead back 34-28. MBA scores and it is called back. (Assuming extra point, MBA would have moved ahead 35-34)

Ensworth get the ball back and scores. Final 41-28.

I still think that that penalty happened after Ensworth took a 13 point lead, but it doesn't matter anymore. I will stop trying to convince you.

"MBA scores and it is called back. " Just to clarify, 3yards...was this the late hit penalty?

And about Ensworth v. Father Ryan -- I think this will be a fun game to watch, closer than predicted, and muddy.

Will it be muddy tonight? (I'm in Florida, not sure of the weather up there).

That might make it a little more interesting than normal.

Will it be muddy tonight? (I'm in Florida, not sure of the weather up there).

That might make it a little more interesting than normal.

It rained Wed night, yesterday, and last night, but not real hard. They do not cover the infield at Greer so the dirt parts will be soft if not muddy. One goal line runs along the third base line and the other is out in right field. The base path from first to second are about the 30-40 yard line, and the second to third baseline funs perpendicular to that (duh). Last year when we played there we had a lot of ran and it was a muddy mess. It is not a great football environment.

Since MBA doesn't play tonight I am trying to decide whether to go to this game or BA/BGA. I may go to Greer for the 1st half and then out to BA for the end of that one.

It rained Wed night, yesterday, and last night, but not real hard. They do not cover the infield at Greer so the dirt parts will be soft if not muddy. One goal line runs along the third base line and the other is out in right field. The base path from first to second are about the 30-40 yard line, and the second to third baseline funs perpendicular to that (duh). Last year when we played there we had a lot of ran and it was a muddy mess. It is not a great football environment.

Since MBA doesn't play tonight I am trying to decide whether to go to this game or BA/BGA. I may go to Greer for the 1st half and then out to BA for the end of that one.

Yep, it's a pretty terrible setup at Greer. You'd think an upper tier DII school could find a better remedy for playing home football games. Oh well, if you truly love the game, you'll play anywhere anytime in any condition.

I was at the Ryan game last year at Greer...it is a terrible set-up. I wonder if West is still available (Showing my age there)?