Ensworth vs Father Ryan

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the Ryan game last year at Greer...it is a terrible set-up. I wonder if West is still available (Showing my age there)?

Remember how the NFL used to play on baseball fields. The Giants played at Yankee Stadium, The Lions at Tiger Stadium, I remember talking to Bill Wade one day and he was telling me about the Bears playing at Wrigley Field. That almost sounds sacreligious. San Diego might be the only team that does that now. The infield dirk would be ther until baseball season was over.

Teams do play soccer at the old West High School field. We (THE Stratford High SPARTANS) played Ryan at the old Norh High School.

I'm guessing that was a long, long time ago? I couldn't even find North last trip up there, although we found what's left of Cumberland.

Since you're from the area, where did the kids zoned to Litton go when it was closed?

West re-did the bleachers a few years ago, but there is no press box and no visitor's bleachers. The bleachers that are there are not very big either. That field also looks pretty crammed in there - not much room out of bounds. I've heard stories of some legendary games on that field back in the day. Has Ryan played there recently? I know they were playing some games at Overton and Bellevue Middle a few years back.

West re-did the bleachers a few years ago, but there is no press box and no visitor's bleachers. The bleachers that are there are not very big either. That field also looks pretty crammed in there - not much room out of bounds. I've heard stories of some legendary games on that field back in the day. Has Ryan played there recently? I know they were playing some games at Overton and Bellevue Middle a few years back.

I remember an MBA-Ryan game there in '77. In the early '80's, they played at Vanderbilt. What you're describing seems to be the blueprint for the middle school fields now. I'm watching the Enworth-Ryan game and BA-BGA game (I know, it's a sickness), and the surface at Greer looks good, except for the infield. BTW, the Dolphins play on a dual purpose field.

I remember an MBA-Ryan game there in '77. In the early '80's, they played at Vanderbilt. What you're describing seems to be the blueprint for the middle school fields now. I'm watching the Enworth-Ryan game and BA-BGA game (I know, it's a sickness), and the surface at Greer looks good, except for the infield. BTW, the Dolphins play on a dual purpose field.

anyone have a score ? i am out of pocket.

Questionable call on the kickoff following Ryan's go ahead score. Jefferson was halfway in the end zone when he caught the ball. He then returned the ball inside the Ryan 10 yard line and scored on the next play. I bet Ryan is wishing they had just kicked it short. Game effort by the Irish. Some big hitting going on in this one by both teams. I was impressed by Ryan's defense and passing game. Darkwa's injury was obviously a huge factor in keeping this one close, though. Congratulations to Ensworth.

What happened in the last minute of the game? Did Ensworth recover a fumble and run it in for a touchdown, and then missed the extra point?

Intercepted pass. Very good game, Ryan played hard. I admired the decision to go for two. I would have loved to have had a better view of the kick-off; the returner was very close to the endzone. the streaming video didn't make it very clear.

Still, hats off to both teams for a very entertaining and well played game.