JCS vs. USJ

Starkiller

i'll have to give usj the edge on this one. they seem to be the more diciplined team after seeing them both play milan. usj by 10. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

what radio station will be carrying the game because i'll definitely tune in?

105.3, 94.3, and 1390 carry ALL Jackson Christian School games.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The offenses of both teams are getting a lot of hype, but it could well come down to who's defensive secondary plays better and who can control the line of scrimmage.

Look for both offenses to have a couple of surprises in the play list too.

I guess we could hope for a rainy game and make it a running game instead of a throwing game /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

The offenses of both teams are getting a lot of hype, but it could well come down to who's defensive secondary plays better and who can control the line of scrimmage.

Look for both offenses to have a couple of surprises in the play list too.

I guess we could hope for a rainy game and make it a running game instead of a throwing game /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Oh you are cruel Gocart! Could very well be wet which would "dampen" things a bit for both offenses. Haven't seen Cody play but I know he is talented. Even if it is wet, Overbey and his receivers will do fine. The O line has really stepped up this year and with good protection Jake can make it happen. We now have mobility at the QB position and that has opened a lot of doors that have not been there the last couple of years. Despite what some think, USJ does have a running game and might even use it if need be. Are both teams healthy? Should be a great night!

Man I wish I could make this one!

Should be a lot of fireworks.

I think the JCS defense will step up and play thier best game of the season.

I'm going with JCS 34 USJ 31.

GL to both teams and stay safe to, from, and during the game. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

hey freeacen

-did you know that with the power of the internet these days a person can actually get poker parties set up and host a poker league?

-interesting isn't it.

-nice comments all over these boards by the way, especially the ones that are critical of trenton's coaches

-hope they never come back to bite you or someone close to you

the inspector

I have not seen JCS this year, but I understand they are a very good team with size, speed and multiple skill players. I know they will be fired up for USJ, but in the end, I think the Bruins take 'em by a touchdown. Again, depth will be a key factor and if JCS has several players to rotate in, USJ will be hard pressed to maintain defensive pressure in the 4th quarter. However, if Jake is really on, I don't think USJ can be stopped consistently. The pass will open the run. As always, turnovers will play a huge role. Good luck to both teams, hope no injuries occur and may the best team come out on top!

Guest nwtnsports

Just looked at the statewide stat leaderboard on Murphy Fair's website.

This game features two of the top quarterbacks, statistically, in the state.

Jake Overbey - 129 of 212, 2019 yards, 288.4 ypg, 60.8 comp. pct., 21 TD

1st in yards, 1st in ypg, 2nd in TD

Cody Jones - 108 of 183, 1502 yards, 214.6 ypg, 59.0 comp. pct., 12 TD

9th in yards, 8th in ypg

Congrats to these two guys and their teams.

It should be an outstanding game.

4 1/2 hours until kick off. Weather is beautiful.

Here's hoping to a great game with no injuries!

Observation: This has been one of the classiest threads I have read in a while here. Not a lot of trash, only people

pulling for their own teams while not running down the other one. Let's keep it that way tonight on the field, in the stands, and on the boards tomorrow.

Signing off now...going to find a parking spot /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />