Coach ?

Lost Old Dad

what?

I ask as SO many threads have been closed or completely deleted recently when it involved discussing Coach's decisions or ability. To me it does involve the games as what a coach does or does not do has an effect on the games.

To keep from messing up and getting good threads closed, what exactly is considered 'BASHING"? Is telling the truth or what some perceive as the truth bashing? If so doesn't it need to come out so the TRUTH can be put on here also?

I am not trying to be difficult, just would like to know the rules we need to play by. And NO telling me 'you know' what bashing is does not cut it as what some call bashing is anothers constructive criticism.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be nice to know.

Good Post,

Ole Dad

what?

I ask as SO many threads have been closed or completely deleted recently when it involved discussing Coach's decisions or ability. To me it does involve the games as what a coach does or does not do has an effect on the games.

To keep from messing up and getting good threads closed, what exactly is considered 'BASHING"? Is telling the truth or what some perceive as the truth bashing? If so doesn't it need to come out so the TRUTH can be put on here also?

I am not trying to be difficult, just would like to know the rules we need to play by. And NO telling me 'you know' what bashing is does not cut it as what some call bashing is anothers constructive criticism.

i would like to know as well ????

i have posted my opinion about a certain coach in Rutherford county !! i never said anything about any of the kids but i did give my opinion on a coach and not more than 20 min later the post was deleted and then another plus member would say the exact same thing and nothing i don't know if i worded it bad or what,,, it seems like someone complains to coach t and its all gone we should be able to say what we want as long there are no profane words used or mention any players by name but coaches should be fair game!!! if coaches worry about what fans think then they shouldn't be coaching or at least do a better job , i believe that it should be monitored , but not to make someone feel better about the crappy job he or she is doing!!

but with that said the thread will be closed and deleted /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I only moderate baseball and the way i do it is i will let them talk about desicions and the woulda solda couldas but what tends to happen is namecalling and bashing having said that i have never been told how to moderate it so it will depend on each moderator on what they will allow and what they wont allow....I try and keep it in perspective as in the kids are reading it they know how to handle or should know how but they dont need to see namecalling and things like that

I agree, a lot of great post have been deleted recently and it started in the Blackman column when things went south for the Blaze. What gives Coach? Can you offer us an explanation for your actions instead of the usual one-liner that you have so generously given in the past? I agree with Lost Old Dad, you offer no good explanation for your actions and it's making your website very dull.

I agree, a lot of great post have been deleted recently and it started in the Blackman column when things went south for the Blaze. What gives Coach? Can you offer us an explanation for your actions instead of the usual one-liner that you have so generously given in the past? I agree with Lost Old Dad, you offer no good explanation for your actions and it's making your website very dull.

welcome to COACHT intresting though that this is your first post...like i said i think this is more up to moderators and coach T just backs them up...for example with a situation in east TN i am not going to be familiar with so what they may be talking about may not seem like a big deal BUT a MOD in east TN knows what it is talking about and with what they are posting along with posting makes the post worse that what it appears to us in middle TN. but i thhink most of this is the moderators and not coach T look forward to reading your post here on coach T when you post remeber that high school kids read these boards

Oh Riverdale Man........this is not my first post. We are all aware that students read this. The students are the one's doing most of the posting. For years the playing field has been alot more even than recent. You in perticular should be familiar with the Coach issues that are posted from time to time or have you forgotten the whole Rankin vs Adylott bit? Everyone seem to had offered MORE than enough info on that topic and it got pretty nasty. People log on here to voice their opinion and every now and then coaching seems to be mentioned. Lately there has been a change in what we can and can not write and with no valid reasoning.....we are looking for clarification and you are not offering a good enough answer . We are asking coach T and not RiverdaleMan.

what?

Good question. As a moderator I try to perceive what the poster`s intent is. For example if someone says "I thought we should have run the ball more in the second half" or "We should have blitzed more to put more pressure on the QB" then you are talking about aspects of the game which are directly related to coaching decisions but still keeping it a civil conversation about the game. On the other hand if people want to get on here and all they have to say is "Our coach stinks and he should be fired immediately and take the whole staff with him" , then I think the purpose of the post was made merely to bash the coach. It`s fine for a poster to think a coach should be fired, but I don`t think this should be the venue to campaign for it. Take it up with your local powers that be who actually have control over hiring and firing. I think those type posts are personal attacks and don`t serve any positive purpose.

All that being said, sometimes an unfortunate event happens that is publicly known and well reported in newspapers that does not reflect well on an individual coach. For example, I remember a few years ago there was a coach that threw something during halftime in the locker room and hit a player in the head causing an injury that required medical attention and also caused the player to miss the rest of the game. That incident was well documented in the papers and was in my mind worthy of some discussion. Another example would be Tim Thompson`s escapades at Melrose a few years back.

My best advice is don`t come across as vindictive. Learn how to post with some tactfulness. You don`t necessarily have to agree with what a coach does, but don`t be ugly about it.

These are just my opinions and not necessarily what Coacht or other moderators may go by. Hope it helps answer your question though.

VG

Oh Riverdale Man........this is not my first post. We are all aware that students read this. The students are the one's doing most of the posting. For years the playing field has been alot more even than recent. You in perticular should be familiar with the Coach issues that are posted from time to time or have you forgotten the whole Rankin vs Adylott bit? Everyone seem to had offered MORE than enough info on that topic and it got pretty nasty. People log on here to voice their opinion and every now and then coaching seems to be mentioned. Lately there has been a change in what we can and can not write and with no valid reasoning.....we are looking for clarification and you are not offering a good enough answer . We are asking coach T and not RiverdaleMan.

well EXCUSE ME i was answering from a MODERATOR standpoint at least until coach T got here to answer i am sorry you cant appreciate some form of an answer...as far as coach A and rankin i really havent seen a lot of comparison. I am more against the offense than i was the coach so i guess i have forgotten the rankin vs coach A bit you are refferring too...

When every thread started about a particular school is immediately responded to by the same posters every time and all they can discuss is why or when the coach will be fired then I will delete that thread. For example, there have been at least 50 such threads about Oak Ridge in the last two years even though everybody on here knows how those fans feel about the coach. In the process there are a lot of seniors at Oak Ridge who never had a positive comment made about them on these boards. If you post that you do not like a certain coach, for whatever reason, does it need to be repeated in every thread about that school? We KNOW how you feel!

Other times you have one poster who posts under several user names. That has happened a lot recently.

Sometimes it is obvious that a vendetta exists. Again, once a fan has made his feelings known, why belabor the point?

I don't know any of the coaches involved. I do know the programs. If fans really want to see a change made they need to talk to the administrators and others involved.