Post season scores

chasanooga

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

West @ Oak Ridge.......Region 2, District 3 final

This game was cancelled last nite and played today @ 3. Three minutes into the game Greta Jochmann is left uncovered at about 25 yards out and fires a bullet into the upper right corner for a 1 -0 lead. West was on their heels for most of the first half , with a shot count of 10 for OR vs. 2 for West. The second score was a very nice crossing shot that was kicked in from about 10yds out for a 2-0 lead with about 2 minutes to go in the half. The second half was still mostly OR but the shot count was 5 West and 4 OR. West scored on a very nice crosser that was headed in by Sydney Reed with about 3 minutes remaining in the game. Unfortunately the intensity came just a little too late for West. Lauren Fritts came up with a couple of very good saves for OR. Final score OR2 - West 1

I believe that West will play @ Bearden in the Region semi, while Farragut will play @ Oak Ridge, next Tuesday

Looking for details, h2odog, on these games in the West of Division II.... please!

H2Dog will have to supply details on the SAA/SBA game, but I heard the goal was scored in the second half....not sure.

From another post:

West regional game results:

St Agnes won over St Benedict with a 1 to 0 score in the 3rd place match.

In the Championship match, Briarcrest won over ECS with a 5 to 3 score. In the Briarcrest game, the five goals came from 4 players.

Score was Briarcrest 2 and ECS 1 at the half with ECS scoring the first goal of the game, but with Briarcrest scoring two prior to the break. In the second half, Briarcrest scored again making the score 3 to 1, but ECS answered with score getting closer at 3 to 2 at one point. Briacrest took off after that scoring two additional goals bringing the score got up to 5 to 2 and ECS scored their 3rd goal with a few minutes remaining. Very exciting game!

Looking for details, h2odog, on these games in the West of Division II.... please!

Ok, you asked:

St. Agnes scored with about 20 minutes left in in the second half. A couple of great chances slipped for SAA in the first half. A header on a corner looked deadly, but missed. I would give a slight edge to SAA on controlling the ball throughout the game. St. Benedict did not play as physical as they usually do. No Cards! They had fought a really tough game with ECS last week and don't know their wellness status. SBHS didn't give up, but seemed weary as the game progressed. SAA had two open goals on which they did not convert. So it was not that "lucky goal" win. Not to take anything away for SBHS, but IMHO, it was a defensive match and the stronger D held on.

On to PJP to rekindle the love. Haven't played a league game in a few years, just preseason scrimmages in August and we missed the past two years doing that.

Ok, you asked:

St. Agnes scored with about 20 minutes left in in the second half. A couple of great chances slipped for SAA in the first half. A header on a corner looked deadly, but missed. I would give a slight edge to SAA on controlling the ball throughout the game. St. Benedict did not play as physical as they usually do. No Cards! They had fought a really tough game with ECS last week and don't know their wellness status. SBHS didn't give up, but seemed weary as the game progressed. SAA had two open goals on which they did not convert. So it was not that "lucky goal" win. Not to take anything away for SBHS, but IMHO, it was a defensive match and the stronger D held on.

On to PJP to rekindle the love. Haven't played a league game in a few years, just preseason scrimmages in August and we missed the past two years doing that.

Thanks for posting details about the game, h2odog! Thanks, too, soccermom127!

Thanks for posting details about the game, h2odog! Thanks, too, soccermom127!

You're welcome and thanks for the thanks. I must have replayed the game in my dreams and realized about 4:00 AM, there was one yellow on ST. Benedict. I think I blocked it out of my recall as the player that gets one almost every game was card free. Just wanted to correct my miss-post.

You're welcome and thanks for the thanks. I must have replayed the game in my dreams and realized about 4:00 AM, there was one yellow on ST. Benedict. I think I blocked it out of my recall as the player that gets one almost every game was card free. Just wanted to correct my miss-post.

Thanks for rewinding at 4:00 am and for the correction, then!