Oak Ridge vs. Ooltewah

Ole Dad

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Lord!!! is this a thread for Ooltewah-oak ridge or a thread for the same ole "CRY BABIES"..dang man either get on here and talk about your team a.ka. the boys or SHUT-UP!!! The game,talk about the game. idiots. will oak ridge ready to play or are idiots like ole dad etc...going to trash n bash 'em right into last place.If ole dad and others put as much energy into talking about the good,instead of your coach,maybe it would rub off on your team.

Yep, you hit the nail on the head genius. The idiot posters like me are the ones that are making Oak Ridge have a .500 winning percentage over the past 3 years. Heck, if we all got on here and fell behind the coach and weren't all a bunch of idiot racists then Stanton would be undefeated. RIGHTTTTTTT

Ram Dad

"That's not a knife, this is a knife" Crocodile Dundee or Tom Bailey?

Good Lord!!! is this a thread for Ooltewah-oak ridge or a thread for the same ole "CRY BABIES"..dang man either get on here and talk about your team a.ka. the boys or SHUT-UP!!! The game,talk about the game. idiots. will oak ridge ready to play or are idiots like ole dad etc...going to trash n bash 'em right into last place.If ole dad and others put as much energy into talking about the good,instead of your coach,maybe it would rub off on your team.

I never thought I would have to type this, but the Owls win by as much as they want. I forsee the mercy rule having to be employed.

I also predict this thread is closed by Sunday. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

LOD,

I agree. Can you help us find the GOOD we should be talking about? I guess its a good thing we didn't get shut out tonight.

Ram Dad

I never thought I would have to type this, but the Owls win by as much as they want. I forsee the mercy rule having to be employed.

I also predict this thread is closed by Sunday. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The OR Soddy score was really disappointing. I really thought the Ridger, with their backs to the wall, would come out fighting.

I did not go to OR but my college roommate at Maryville did. We would go and watch the Ridgers play and from the first time I saw a game on Blankenship I became a fan. The history, the tradition, the pride, and the atmosphere. It made me wish that I had attended OR and I attended a HS with a very successful football program. I hope things can get turned around.

Has there been major changes within the feeder programs in OR? I know that sometimes talenet goes in cycles, but OR has traditionally had the athletes to avoid a big down swing.

Good Luck Ridgers!

Ok, I'll bite. We will not be prepared mentally or physically for this game. The freshman and sophomore Owls will play the whole second half, giving the starters a well-deserved rest in anticipation of the best Ooltewah - Soddy Daisy game this decade. What is most disappointing to me is watching the opposing team throttle back in the 2nd quarter because they know they can and we can do nothing to stop it. Right now, the only good part of our game is special teams. Again, Oak Ridge fans are furious, not because of the losses, but how we are losing.

What's Oak Ridge's playoff chances?

We have to [cough] win out. So, pretty much zero.

Ok, I'll bite. We will not be prepared mentally or physically for this game. The freshman and sophomore Owls will play the whole second half, giving the starters a well-deserved rest in anticipation of the best Ooltewah - Soddy Daisy game this decade. What is most disappointing to me is watching the opposing team throttle back in the 2nd quarter because they know they can and we can do nothing to stop it. Right now, the only good part of our game is special teams. Again, Oak Ridge fans are furious, not because of the losses, but how we are losing.

I don't know about all that, but this is shaping up to be a major beat down....even at Oak Ridge. The Owl defensive front maybe the best front four in the state. If there is one better, I would like to see it.

The key to the Owls offense is a healthy Gino Norwood and he got banged up last night and didn't play in the second half. You'll recall that Gino did not play against Maplewood and he was sorely missed.

Also, kudos to Brady Reed who has been often criticized in this forum.....some of it deserved although some of it has been way over the top. Brady does not have to be the second coming of Joe Montana for this team to win. I thought he threw the ball and managed the game very well. Hopefully, he builds on this.....

Whenever things look really bad you should step back and thank your lucky stars because they could be worse. How you ask? Well, if Oak ridge loses its last two games and sits at 4-6 for the first time since 1986 things look very bad, but if McMinn happens to lose one of its last two games and Oak Ridge makes the playoffs as the 4th seed under the "Double Ron Brown Rule" we would get to go play Kingsport in round one of the playoffs and finish the season with 7 loses. That hasn't happened since 1946. Stanton could actually make history. "Worst single season record in 62 years".

Ram Dad