Oak Ridge vs. Ooltewah

Ole Dad

I know that the weather had alot to do with the small crowd. The forecast had been cold and wet all week, so i think that a lot of people made other plans. I actually went and stayed the whole time, and I invited a former player that graduated with me and he left at the start of the 3rd quarter. I hate to see this. the talent on this team is no less or more than in previous years, but the way the talent is being used is the only difference.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen,UP!!!! RREED,PEPPY VOL and whoever...................GREAT GAME for BRADY REED!!!!!! ran well,oak ridge fell for the fake every time.First game I've seen live all year.If the dirty birds run like that against soddy,the score will be 50-o at the nest. That's all I can bring myself to say,right now,but the owls might make a believer outta me.(doubt it) /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I've said it before we need a clean sweep of the coaching ( what a joke) staff.

Coach Saunders is a quality coach. I wouldn't be surprised if he announces his retirement after the season.

Anyone who thinks the problem is that we just don't have the horses we've had in the past hasn't been watching OR football for long. Oak Ridge has always had a way of taking good high school talent and coaching them up into a contender. There have been a few exceptions, but for the most part Oak Ridge hasn't been blessed with D-1 prospects. The PROGRAM has made our team a competitor that no one could take for granted year after year after year.

My heart goes out to these kids that have dreamed of being a Wildcat since they stood by the steps and slapped the shoulder pads of the Wildcats that came before them. They deserved more than this. Either of the previous 2 coaching staffs would have taken this group of kids and produced a quarter finals caliber team. Is this a team that could have gone to the Finals. Probably not, but either of the previous 2 staffs would have developed this talent considerably more by the time they were seniors. The offense would have been geared to the talent we have. Even as they stand without being developed to their potential, this group could have been a legitimate quarter finals team. Like many of you guys, I've watched a lot of Wildcats come and go, and this group of kids had plenty of talent to be successful. Our community has let these kids down.

I stayed to the painful end last night. It was hard to watch. We looked totally inept when faced with a very good opponent. If we are unable to pull off the upset at Farragut, we will finish 4 and 6. In 2 of those games, we were very lucky to get the W. It took a fantastic comeback against a very weak William Blount team, and an unbelievable special teams effort against a weak (this year) 3A Fulton team (with virtually no offense) for 2 of those victories. This program has been on a steady decline the last 3 years.

The most disturbing thing to me is that there are actually people who BELIEVE that the only reason you could have a problem with the current coach is due to racism. Unbelievable. I don't believe the administration will do anything. They have put themselves in a position that if they make a change, much of the public will cry foul. After the Clinton incident last year that resulted in a written reprimand, the administration had an opportunity to add another written reprimand to the file recently and chose not to. I'm not saying they should have or shouldn't have, but the fact that they chose not to is an indication (IMO) that they don't intend to make a change.

I have predicted in the past that OR was destined for mediocrity because they have too much talent to be really bad and not enough coaching to be at the level that we've enjoyed for decades. I may have been too optimistic. On my way out last night, I read the sign by the "Walk of Champions" that said "Oak Ridge Football: the game that binds our community, past, present, and future."

Father Ryan fans must have short memories. He took over a team that had won 5 games total in the 3 years before he arrived. If FRHS fans want to complete in DII then they need to ante up.

Ole Dad

After hearing some Father Ryan fans talk at the little league fields this morning, on the heels of their worst loss ever to MBA, 36 total yards of offense, and just no passion, I think a large contingent of Ryan fans would let ORHS have him back.

I feel sorry for the Oak Ridge football players....they are the ones who suffer the most.

I can say from experience that any good ball team is dependent upon the coach. Years ago, I thought if kids were athletic enough they could overcome poor coaching. Based on my own son's experience (he went to another school, where he played basketball and football), a good coach is essential. A good coach can take mediocre kids and turn them into a winning team, while a bad coach can have outstanding talent and lose every game. I hope Oak Ridge makes some coaching changes for the good of the players, the school, and the community.

Good sports programs will actually draw people into the community, in my opinion. It would be a real smart move for the powers-to-be to try to make good coaching choices in every sport in Oak Ridge.

(If attendance is down, maybe they need to reduce the price of the tickets for awhile.....might get more people there.)

They couldn't fill the stadioum now if they were giving each person $7 to come to the games.

Ram Dad

???That??™s not a knife, this is a knife???. Crocodile Dundee or Tom Bailey?

I feel sorry for the Oak Ridge football players....they are the ones who suffer the most.

I can say from experience that any good ball team is dependent upon the coach. Years ago, I thought if kids were athletic enough they could overcome poor coaching. Based on my own son's experience (he went to another school, where he played basketball and football), a good coach is essential. A good coach can take mediocre kids and turn them into a winning team, while a bad coach can have outstanding talent and lose every game. I hope Oak Ridge makes some coaching changes for the good of the players, the school, and the community.

Good sports programs will actually draw people into the community, in my opinion. It would be a real smart move for the powers-to-be to try to make good coaching choices in every sport in Oak Ridge.

(If attendance is down, maybe they need to reduce the price of the tickets for awhile.....might get more people there.)

I expect at least two of the long time coaches to hang it up next year. They are both friends and they both deserve a friday nite off. Saunders special teams won one for the Cats this year. Otherwise 3-7.

I don't know if Barry will. It will depend on who is the head coach next year. If they hire Ron Gray, he won't retire. If Steven's stays, he'll either retire or be told to retire (Saunders and Stevens don't get along at all). He deserves retirment though.