kingston vs knox catholic

jackets98

You missed my whole point, Irishbball was downing a public high school and I was simply stating they get to choose who enters there school and public schools don't, 8 to 15 % of kids in public schools are on free lunch; wonder how many go to Catholic: probably the same amount of special ed kids that go there ZERO, Catholic has over 600 kids, if they played in the same private division Webb did they would be going .500 every year, and as far as traditon goes when has Anderson County ever won anything in Football or any other sports beside volleyball.

I wasn't downing a public school, just an individual that happened to go to one. My family is full of public school teachers and I went to a public school. Want to bet a hamburger on the fact that there are no special needs students at Catholic? You could pay up during the game Friday. Since you seem to be totally misinformed on the situation at Catholic, you may want to ask your Roane County Catholic connections if there are any Special Ed and/or subsidized students there. There is need -based financial aid available for a student that attends a Catholic church but that can also affect their athletic eligibility.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You make an interesting point but as Irishbball is saying that's not the case in Knoxville. Most of the programs in Knoxville have kids playing on their teams be it basketball, football softball, or whatever with kids zoned for other schools. They go there because of that's schools success. Most of the kids at Catholic come from the Catholic feeder schools (Scared Heart, St. Joseph's or St. John Neuman). We do get some kids from the public schools also, but I can name a few schools outside of Knoxville that has kids playing from other counties,Knoxville included, so it's hard to say that Catholic recruits and everyone else is innocent. Someone mentioned the Vanns playing at Catholic from Anderson County, what about the kids from Knoxville playing at Anderson County? Those kids are there because of exposure and tradition. If Catholic was losing would anyone even care? Because they win they cheat give me a break that song is getting old and has been for the last 3 years. Maybe the move to AAA/5A will be good for the Irish so the current teams they play (except for Fulton and Stone) can stop whinning.

And for Turtle, I agree with everything you said, that's why I'm still picking Fulton.

Who from LA is whining about KC?? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

If you know that for a fact why don't you state names? Was it a member of the coaching staff at Catholic doing the recruiting? Was the player enrolled in a high school at the time? I think if you look closely at the boys in maroon over the last several years the same might be said there, don't you think in more than 1 sport?

Wouldnt be fair to the kid to mention names .... yes Fulton has recruited as has others but families had to move into the zone to play ..ex. Styles ... Fulton had to wait till he was moved before he could play .... dont you think they needed him against OR and AC and Tyner ... if he had gone to Catholic he could have played from the get go ... wouldnt even had to move from Central area ... heck there are a couple Central kids already there .... how bout the QB ... I dont know where does he live at ?? Maybe they moved west I dont know ..... but when your family can live where thay always have and just worry about the travel getting to school then thats a bonus .... where did Hood live before he came down to live with Uncle ... these are just rumors so they may not be true ... did the kicker from Stone move ?? He had to I know noone could drive that far ..... anyway .. Good Luck to both teams ... should be a good game ... both teams are running teams and it will be interesting game ...

u cant just drive to school thats outside ur disctrict,u have to have a adress for the school u want to attend,my buddy goes to school in knoxville,but live in kingston,so his mom got a apt. up in knox just to show proof of residence,but he drives back and forth everyday to knox. from kingston,but if the tssaa really wanted to investigate everyone, it would take way too long,thats y they dont do it,ive got to admit if i was in school still id tranfer,but it would be to maryville,or farragut,cause kingstons program has changed the past 5 or 6 years.

Wouldnt be fair to the kid to mention names .... yes Fulton has recruited as has others but families had to move into the zone to play ..ex. Styles ... Fulton had to wait till he was moved before he could play .... dont you think they needed him against OR and AC and Tyner ... if he had gone to Catholic he could have played from the get go ... wouldnt even had to move from Central area ... heck there are a couple Central kids already there .... how bout the QB ... I dont know where does he live at ?? Maybe they moved west I dont know ..... but when your family can live where thay always have and just worry about the travel getting to school then thats a bonus .... where did Hood live before he came down to live with Uncle ... these are just rumors so they may not be true ... did the kicker from Stone move ?? He had to I know noone could drive that far ..... anyway .. Good Luck to both teams ... should be a good game ... both teams are running teams and it will be interesting game ...

Not exactly accurate. Styles would have had to sit out for 1 year from his date of last participitation. We have some kids (including the QB) that would have been zoned to Central BUT since they moved in as Freshmen they are fine. We would have loved to get his older brother there for basketball. They didn't like the direction the Central program was headed and just beat Styles to the punch. LOL. Hood is from Kingsport and moved here as a Sophomore.

u cant just drive to school thats outside ur disctrict,u have to have a adress for the school u want to attend,my buddy goes to school in knoxville,but live in kingston,so his mom got a apt. up in knox just to show proof of residence,but he drives back and forth everyday to knox. from kingston,but if the tssaa really wanted to investigate everyone, it would take way too long,thats y they dont do it,ive got to admit if i was in school still id tranfer,but it would be to maryville,or farragut,cause kingstons program has changed the past 5 or 6 years.

You may want to brush up on your facts once again. You can attend public schools in the state of Tennessee without living in that school district. You just have to provide your own transportation. Ask our friends in Anderson County who have loaded up with players for years from Knoxville and Campbell County without the families moving there. The exception to the rule is metro areas that have specific school zones. With the changes resulting from the No child Left Behind Initiatves, you can actually attend a different school out of your zone in Knox County given certain educational parameters. In the past in Knox County you could simply say that a class you wanted to take wasn't offered at your school and you could transfer to a school that offered it.

and u wanna talk about the kicker again,he could of went to cookeville its closer for him,and they have a pretty good program,if your a kicker and good,colleges will take you no matter how good you are,its not a skill positon.

Kicking is not a skill position? That's why soooooooo many people can do it so well. Rrrrright. Let's see how skillful it is at the end of a close game. All positions take skill of some sort. chokeonaloaf can show you some skill Friday.

ok im tired of hearing all this negative talking,just talk about the game coming up,i posted this blog,so lets talk about the teams,or players,or whatever.

jackets, i agree, lets talk about game, players, and Region 2-3A. There is a great page on the Catholic Football website with info on them and Kingston. I think Kingston fans will enjoy. Check out this link http://knoxcatholicfootball.com/08_opposition, scroll down the page and read up on Kingston.

Gangs all here again. TadVols, did some sniffing around. Sanders kid, the kicker transferred in from Stone when the budget fiasco had those kids sitting through the 1st 2 games. Apparently, he physically moved to Knoxville, no sitting. Hood kid has been living in Knox for last 4-5 years. The ones that sting the public schools are Harrison Smith (Notre Dame) Conner Irwin (Duke), Dustin Tait (Buffalo), Zak Tait (Wherever he chooses) all Bearden kids. Now you could say the same for Aaron Douglas (UT) who moved to Mville from Farragut, Brent Burnette (MTSU), moved from Anderson Co, to Mville. Brian Sommers (UTM) Karns to Alcoa. Kyrus Lanxter (KY) moved from Bearden to Alcoa. To be fair the Coulter kid who is a D1 prospect, and Smith were Catholic feeder kids all the way through. But could you imagine how good Bearden would have been with H. Smith, Tait/Tait, Lanxter, and oh.. the Andew Kirkpatrick kid who started at LB for 2-3 yrs at OR? He was a Bearden kid through youth ball, as was Antonio Hammilton at Fulton, and on, and on.

As far as Catholic vs. Kingston, I have been on the Vic King bandwagon for a good 2 years now. He has those kids understanding the Wing T, they tackle really well, and they have some good skill guys. Have a DL, by the name of Stout that is just that, and the Sams kid is a beast. I think Kingston plays better at home. Game is at Catholic. I do like how many seniors Kingston has this year, and think that will be a big advantage over Catholic. They have 4 soph OL, and 4-5 sophs starting on D. I too, like Turtle feel that Kingston might be the more "hungry" team, and that it might actually do Catholic some good to lose? Who knows? Too early to pick it. Catholic has a website that the Max whatever comes after that guy has linked to before. I don't know how to link. Its knoxcatholicfootball.com they do a preview of opponents. Pretty good stuff.

ruse?