Mcminn Central against Polk Co.

sportsman88

Wow the classless central coaches and fans raised money for a Polk county family...

Some of you Polk fans need to get real...that does not sound classless to me.

Great job classless coaches that cant coach at all and only win because you have good athletes...

great job to the thugs and classless players at central high for beating the best defense in the state all night long...many people thought you were to classless and undisciplined to play with the Perfect County cats..

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And to beat it all I believe it was a 43 yard field goal in the wet conditions. He made two 52 yarders in practice, and had the leg on a 57 yard attempt but missed the first one wide left and the second one wide right. And remember guys hes just a Sophmore!!

No he's a Junior. And his first time ever kicking a football. So every game presents a first time challenges for him. And he's taking the challenges and making improvements. Go Chargers!

Wow the classless central coaches and fans raised money for a Polk county family...

Some of you Polk fans need to get real...that does not sound classless to me.

Great job classless coaches that cant coach at all and only win because you have good athletes...

great job to the thugs and classless players at central high for beating the best defense in the state all night long...many people thought you were to classless and undisciplined to play with the Perfect County cats..

Come on......ease up and don't be classless with your post. We beat them soundly in every aspect of the game, but no need rubbing their faces in it. I imagine they're smarting pretty good and have too much pride to talk about the game.

None of the Polk County fans who were talking trash the past two weeks on here will come back here to chat, but at least one of them was respectful enough to thank all of us for helping.

And to beat it all I believe it was a 43 yard field goal in the wet conditions. He made two 52 yarders in practice, and had the leg on a 57 yard attempt but missed the first one wide left and the second one wide right. And remember guys hes just a Sophmore!!

the starting and back up kickers are jrs..btw

I guess Polk County's defense is still the best in the state, even though they give up 266 yards in WET, pouring down rain. And Central's defense give up 71 total yards! Polk County better be glad it was wet or that game would have got ugly. Good Job Chargers go win the Region title next Friday!

dont get so fired up ... any given team can win on any given day ... im not saying it was an upset but mcminn central played well in this game and polk seemed to me like were dragging

I'm not a coach or in administartion at Central, so I can't answer that. I saw his baseball talents when he was a freshman at Meigs, as they beat a solid Central baseball team for the region championship. The young man is definitely a talented athlete, so I hope he plays. I think I heard he might play basketball for the Chargers, but I don't know that as fact.

I would agree that football is first and foremost on his mind, and will be his ticket to play collegiately.

from what he has told me he will not be playin baseball or basket ball that he dosent want to mess up his shoulder in baseball but i agree he is an athlete and it shows on the football field

Maybe he makes an infielders glove so the ball sticks and doesn't pop out. We might need to check on that. Your dad wants me to bring him a Polk shirt to wear, he would look good in red.

he runs through and through true blue ... not that royal crap lol ... you didnt want in on the tailgate volleyball game? whats up with that

dont get so fired up ... any given team can win on any given day ... im not saying it was an upset but mcminn central played well in this game and polk seemed to me like were dragging

excuses....CENTRAL IS JUST A BETTER TEAM......it wouldn't matter if they were dragging, down, tired, energized, whatever....central beats that team ten times out of ten

I think the Chargers will be as good next year as they are this one........and will be competing for the region championship every year that Brandon remains as Central's coach.

I have been gone for the weekend so here is my take on Central.

Wrecking Crew you are a idiot and I hate to tell you but most Central folks think likewise! I would rather HAVE a losing record than to have someone like Brandon Derrick coaching my son! If I was a Central fan I would be ashamed to have a coach who wants the spotlight on himself. Let me give some examples of your childish classless coach. First during warms ups he's yelling and talking trash and pointing towards Polk's players, another is running out with him leading the players before the game waiving his arms and screaming while the other coach's are standing on the sidelines looking on, which was 5 minutes after the game was suppose to have started. At the end of the third quarter he holds his hands in the air showing four fingers and looking at the Central fans and waiving his arms. Another classless move was when Central stopped Polk on their drive in the fourth, as the defense comes off the field your immature coach meets his players on the field and holds up his hands with a zero then points to Polk's sidelines then turns and points to the scoreboard, he then turns to the Central fans and does the same thing. I said before the game Central should win but I hope and pray as long as he is the coach they get bounced in the first round every year they make the playoffs! I know a lot of good folks from Etowah and Englewood but I was embarrassed for you. Basically you have a coach that is as immature as those kids he is coaching and in some instances maybe less. Maybe this is why so many penalties (personal fouls etc.). BTW my nephew is more sore from the pinching and scratching Mr. Ragland done to him than those beatings he supposedly took. Your beloved Chargers IMO are very overrated, second round playoffs at best. Maybe you and Brandon can ride together to watch the state in Boro! As for what happened in the press box during the game my opinion is the same on Wilkerson! Good luck Howard. Oh yes and thanks for all those who donated money to the Foster family. God bless you all.

Us Central fans are very glad we have Coach Derrick. Football is a game of emotion and it is nice to have someone finally, that get the kids fired up to play at a high level each week. And by the way, there was plenty of trash talking from the Polk kids too, whether you want to believe it or not, it happens. We are not embarrassed or worried about what anyone thinks about our coach or team, they are pretty good kids and this same bunch of people were very instrumental in raising the money for the Foster family. What is uncalled for is the personal shots directed at Coach Derrick by some of the Polk faithful, we really don't care what you think and I find it actually laughable that it drives you so crazy about what happens at Central!