5A Region 6

JAYJIZEL

1. Brentwood, (They will kill Independance)

2. Franklin ( Centennial Cannot Match Franklins Offense, Better luck next year CHS)

3. Centennial( best region finish in years)

4. Ravenwood ( Squeeks by Northeast, Dont expect much from them in the Playoffs)

Way to go indy by not making the playoffs the year after you go to state. Leeks like you were a one hit wonder, haha

If you look at the past few years, the team that lost the state finals missed the playoffs entirely the following year. Oak Ridge 2006, Ravenwood 2007, and Indy 2008. Kind of interesting, huh

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of other young talent that hadn't quite developed yet.

Most people around this region have felt the next couple Centennial teams had potential to be top-tier region teams. The only thing that hurt CHS for most of its existence was coaching, not talent.

That problem appears to be fixed now. I don't think they are anywhere close to where they need to be defensively, but I believe that Centennial will be an absolute force to be reckoned with in the next couple of years.

Who is their coach this year? Is he new?

Centennial's new HC is Mark Matykiewicz. For the existence of the school, save one year in between, the team had been coached by Greg Gregory. After an abysmal 1-9 season two years ago, Gregory resigned, and Matykiewicz took over.

It's obvious that his new system has done wonders. Centennial has had talented teams in the past, but there hadn't been that needed leadership. That has changed, and you can tell that the team has a new confidence, seen only in 2002 and 2003, when Centennial went to their only two playoff appearances, and one their only playoff game in school history.

This team is ready to break even more records.

Centennial's new HC is Mark Matykiewicz. For the existence of the school, save one year in between, the team had been coached by Greg Gregory. After an abysmal 1-9 season two years ago, Gregory resigned, and Matykiewicz took over.

It's obvious that his new system has done wonders. Centennial has had talented teams in the past, but there hadn't been that needed leadership. That has changed, and you can tell that the team has a new confidence, seen only in 2002 and 2003, when Centennial went to their only two playoff appearances, and one their only playoff game in school history.

I see good info on the predicition form your region but what about the four teams from the other region. Who will they be and will any of them be a factor against the teams from your region in the playoffs. I just dont here much about them.

I see good info on the predicition form your region but what about the four teams from the other region. Who will they be and will any of them be a factor against the teams from your region in the playoffs. I just dont here much about them.

You mean region 5-5A? Well let's see...

Gallatin plays Hendersonville this week, and the winner will almost certainly be Region Champion. Following that, this is how I see things finishing out...

1. Gallatin- I think they'll beat H-ville, as well as McGavock in week 10.

2. Hendersonville- Will play Hunters Lane in week 10, and assuming that H-ville loses to Gallatin, this game will determine 2nd and 3rd in the region. I really don't know who will win the HL-H-ville game, but I'll put the Commandos here at the #2 spot.

3. Hunters Lane- Lost a tough one to Gallatin last week, but should beat Glencliff with ease and set up the match with H-ville, as described above.

4. Antioch- The Antioch Bears currently stand at 2-3 in the region, but play the two cellar dwelling teams to end their season, Glencliff and Hillwood. If they win these two games, they are in as the #4 seed, no questions asked.

So, assuming things fall this way, and assuming that things remain the same in 6-5A, these will be the 1st round matchups:

#4 Antioch @ #1 Brentwood

#3 Centennial @ #2 Hendersonville

#3 Hunters Lane @ #2 Franklin

#4 Ravenwood @ #1 Gallatin

There is no doubt that 6-5A as been the dominant half of this bracket, but things have evened up a bit lately. This year, however, I could see as many as three 6-5A teams advancing to the second round.

I think we'll more than likely see two 6-5A teams in the quarterfinals.

In no way is it better than Franklins, You just have a More Mobile QB. And Franklins Defense will Hold Centennials Offense. Just ask the last Running Quarterback how he felt after he Played Franklin(Heckman). If im not mistaken He had a concussion, and Hurt ribs and Shoulder after that game.

note your name should be im stupid, if heckman had a concusion TSSAA rules would have sat him down, he didnt have one and Scales and Heckman are two totally different type of runners

Heckman rushes-111 yds- 613 ave- 5.5 td-8 (this was done without a running game as in they didnt have a back on the team i think that rushed for 100 yds this season so ths i a very impressive stat throw in Heckmans 1538 yds passing and was a good season considering this is a rebulding year

Scales rushes-67 -yds 570 ave 8.5 td 8 690 yds passing (what make him a real threat is that they do have running backs 404 yds and 363 yds respectfully in Jackson and Kemp ) so as scales has only aired it out 74 times this season when he does pass it makes it really tough on the defense

PF PA

Franklin 292 127

Brentwood 208 91

CHS 244 171

RHS 137 174

INDY 176 204

i was surprised to see that many pts given up by RHS and CHS and note the INDY points against..I know the stats are just that as game is played on the field but thought it was interesting sidenote-

CHS I will jump on the Cougar bandwagon after you play FHS, I am very happy for your program and coach M is doing a great job--- you have looked good this season BUT you have not yet beat a quality team ( but i do give credit of beating the teams you are supposed to beat ) you can say early season losses to Brentwood and page dont count but your wins versus very poor Glencliff ( 2 wins ) a Siegal team ( 3 losses) that you won 22-20, yet Brentwood won 31-17 and throw in region play with INDY having a down year, Dickson county one win, and a ravenwood team that is up and down and very young.....

If it plays out come playoff time, and you face Hendersonville they dont have an offense that you should worry about, but has played some speed teams this year very well but dont think that they could pull it out -

note your name should be im stupid, if heckman had a concusion TSSAA rules would have sat him down, he didnt have one and Scales and Heckman are two totally different type of runners

Heckman rushes-111 yds- 613 ave- 5.5 td-8 (this was done without a running game as in they didnt have a back on the team i think that rushed for 100 yds this season so ths i a very impressive stat throw in Heckmans 1538 yds passing and was a good season considering this is a rebulding year

Scales rushes-67 -yds 570 ave 8.5 td 8 690 yds passing (what make him a real threat is that they do have running backs 404 yds and 363 yds respectfully in Jackson and Kemp ) so as scales has only aired it out 74 times this season when he does pass it makes it really tough on the defense

Actually, Chaz has rushed 76 times for 728 yards and 10 touchdowns. Through the air, he is 49-84 for 816 yards and 10 touchdowns and 5 interceptions (those ints split between only two games)

While alot of Heckman's runs were drawn up or checked at the line, alot of Chaz's have come on scrambles. His uncanny speed and agility gives him the ablity to turn disaster into a big chunk of yards. I remember against Siegel, the pocket collapsed and three guys were in the backfield swarming in on Chaz. All he did was turn towards the outside and run. 33 yards later, he was in the endzone. From what I've seen, Heckman doesn't have that ability to turn broken plays into positive yardage.

If Scales and Cent is that good this year why were they not in the playoffs last year?

maybe because we split time at quarterback between the senior Barlar and the junior Scales

and maybe it was because we ran spread last year and this year we are in I

maybe it's because the players were able to excel better under an additional year in the Matykiewicz system