5A Region 6

JAYJIZEL

The last two weeks of football for region 6 5A should be fantastic. Here is what we can look forward to:

With Northeast taking care of Dickson Co. last night, Northeast will play Ravenwood for the final play-off spot since the winner would also have the tie breaker aspect.

If the Centennial Cougars can run the table against Columbia and Franklin, the powercats would finish second in the seeding of the region and share the region crown (interesting eh?).

While Independence has been eliminated from post season contention, they could play a huge role in the play-off seeding if they upset Brentwood.

With a Brentwood loss, it opens the door for Frankliln and Centennial. Also if Brentwood wins out and Centennial happens to beat Franklin, the Rebels would go to the post season as the #3 seed.

I say all this because of how everyone has talked about Franklin being such a power house in Middle Tennessee. While this is very deserving, their possible second or third place finish shows how much talent is truly in Region 6 5A.

Now I want your FINAL predictions. Which four go to the play-offs and at what seeding do they finish?

1. Brentwood (Indy won't beat them since they have no motivation of advancing themselves.)

2. Centennial (The Cougs will show Franklin speed that they have not seen all year and squeak out a close win.)

3. Franklin (That's right. The so called cream of the crop will land in the #3 spot. They will take Centennial lightly and it will cost them dearly.)

4. Ravenwood (I have this odd feeling that Northeast will play them closer than the experts think but Rector will not allow his boys to overlook the game of the year for the Raptors.)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hehe looks like Indy can play in the sonic bowl or whatever they play in when they miss the playoffs and show why they deserve to be watchin the games at home...better luck next year and Centennial isnt gunna tie for 1st sorry

1. Brentwood, (They will kill Independance)

2. Franklin ( Centennial Cannot Match Franklins Offense, Better luck next year CHS)

3. Centennial( best region finish in years)

4. Ravenwood ( Squeeks by Northeast, Dont expect much from them in the Playoffs)

Way to go indy by not making the playoffs the year after you go to state. Leeks like you were a one hit wonder, haha

2. Franklin ( Centennial Cannot Match Franklins Offense, Better luck next year CHS)

4. Ravenwood ( Squeeks by Northeast, Dont expect much from them in the Playoffs)

Way to go indy by not making the playoffs the year after you go to state. Leeks like you were a one hit wonder, haha

I would say Centennial has an offense equal to, if not better than Franklin. The defense will be the main concern in that game

I would say Centennial has an offense equal to, if not better than Franklin. The defense will be the main concern in that game

In no way is it better than Franklins, You just have a More Mobile QB. And Franklins Defense will Hold Centennials Offense. Just ask the last Running Quarterback how he felt after he Played Franklin(Heckman). If im not mistaken He had a concussion, and Hurt ribs and Shoulder after that game.

In no way is it better than Franklins, You just have a More Mobile QB. And Franklins Defense will Hold Centennials Offense. Just ask the last Running Quarterback how he felt after he Played Franklin(Heckman). If im not mistaken He had a concussion, and Hurt ribs and Shoulder after that game.

While heckman is a good runner. He is nowhere near the level of scales. Heckmans 40 time is a 5.0 to 4.9 while Scales is a legit 4.5 to 4.45. BIG difference. And he has more lateral speed too. And Centennial beat Indy making them the better team.

I would not say Indy was a one hit wonder. They just happened to have two real strong classes (07 and 08) come through already. They will be back.

You cannot possibly be comparing Heckman's mobility with Scales's

Yeah okay how do you figure that this is game of who matches who on offense? Franklin is a very balanced offensive team able to run and throw successfully but if you think that Franklin's rushing offense is any way comparable to Centennial's you are out of your mind. No team in the last 6 games has been able to shut down Centennial's run game and the three-headed monster running attack of Scales, Kemp, and Jackson cannot be stopped. And those of you who are gonna come on this board and tell me that Brentwood stopped them in the first game are obviously crazy if they think that this is the same Centennial team. This game will come down to a defensive play and the reason i think that Centennial will take this game is because of their speed in the secondary. I think they will make Nichols throw one ill-advised pass and make him pay for it, like what has happened all season.

If you look at the stats from previous games, Indy- scales threw 3 tds and ran for one, heckman threw two and ran for two. Only difference between them? Heckman 1 int, Scales 0 ints. Ravenwood- Williams threw a TD and a pick, Scales threw a TD and ran for three and zero picks. Siegel- Witt no TDs and no picks, Scales one TD and zero picks.

All this to say is that as the Centennial D makes its stand against qbs who like to throw, Scales steps up and doesn't make mistakes. Scales has become a very smart quarterback and his speed and concept of what is going on during the play has lead to Centennial's success all season long (Jackson and Kemp don't hurt either =] )

seriously? Heckman speed=Scales speed????? are you kidding me?? you can't be serious!

Ha ha looks like cent is a 9 year wonder n as in wonder why they have not made playoffs in that long. Not sure if they ever have made playoffs

If Scales and Cent is that good this year why were they not in the playoffs last year?

A lot of other young talent that hadn't quite developed yet.

Most people around this region have felt the next couple Centennial teams had potential to be top-tier region teams. The only thing that hurt CHS for most of its existence was coaching, not talent.

That problem appears to be fixed now. I don't think they are anywhere close to where they need to be defensively, but I believe that Centennial will be an absolute force to be reckoned with in the next couple of years.