7AAA

spartaman

AAAAAHHHHHHHHH YYYYEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!! The "SWAMI" is here !!! And after a (3-1) Thursday night , th "SWAMI" now sits at (46-14) for the year. What is up with Lebanon every year come tournament time ???/ Last year and now this year too !!! A very, very, dangerous team that can play with anyone . The "SWAMI" will return !!!!! Congrats to all the winner's .

Woops, there he goes. and it will be interesting on his predictions. umm, wonder if he saw blue lights going thru Sparta going to the Warren County game. Well maybe he'll tell us but he might do it early because a lot of fans will want to see those games tomorrow. And knowing he is a predictor with many hats (Maybe even a Catipiller), maybe he will even fill us in on the boys predictions also. With that he can touch about every school in the District.,

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woops, there he goes. and it will be interesting on his predictions. umm, wonder if he saw blue lights going thru Sparta going to the Warren County game. Well maybe he'll tell us but he might do it early because a lot of fans will want to see those games tomorrow. And knowing he is a predictor with many hats (Maybe even a Catipiller), maybe he will even fill us in on the boys predictions also. With that he can touch about every school in the District.,

never Fear "PHARGIS" , The "SWAMI is back and ready for tommorrow's match-ups !! I'll make it short and sweet !!! Cookeville will beat dangerous Lebanon by 5. (Good-luck Shelbyville against Lebanon) And Riverdale will beat Blackman by 6. Four Quality teams advancing to the Regions and I have NO DOUBT , they will represent our district proudly. The "SWAMI" has spoken !!!!

never Fear "PHARGIS" , The "SWAMI is back and ready for tommorrow's match-ups !! I'll make it short and sweet !!! Cookeville will beat dangerous Lebanon by 5. (Good-luck Shelbyville against Lebanon) And Riverdale will beat Blackman by 6. Four Quality teams advancing to the Regions and I have NO DOUBT , they will represent our district proudly. The "SWAMI" has spoken !!!!

So the Swami has finally spoken. Lets see how all of this breaks down. The 3:00 game between Cookeville and Lebanonbreaks down to a rematch of two very fine teams who played in Cookeville less that a week ago when Lebanon High School with Icelyn the Icewoman "The Tower of Lebanon" Elie along with her friends did somthing no other D7AAA team had done as they made their way up the mountain to the Plateau of Putman and beat the District Leading Cookeville. They were the only team to come back down the mountain smiling. Cookeville remembers that night very well and while they had sewn up the District championship at that time along with an automatic birth in the Region. Erin " The Rock of the Plateau" Helton and the team knew their pathes would cross again and they had some unfinished work to do in the 7AAA Tournament and that was to win back the bragging rights between tne plateau and the lowlands. Elies friends which made the impression included getting Jennings involved, Coggins Stafford and Lamberson. Helton knew Johnson, Brooks, Edgington and Odle need to control the tempo of the game. So at 3:00 Saturday afternoon its the Tower of Lebanon and her friends against the Rock of the Plateau and her team meeting for the third time, to see which might have a high seed in the region but in addition to see who wins the chance to win the last 7AAA Tournament they can be in. And, in addition on a personal basis, its a matchup between two fine players, MTSU bound Elie and UTC bound Helton. And now for Swami's prediction if Elie gets 27 and the rest of the friends get 33, Cookeville will have trouble winning. LHS has been playing well lately. If Helton and her team gets 52 points and play their usual defense and rebound, Lebanon will have trouble winning. My prediction is if it is a fast paced game, its Lebanon but if Cookeville controls the tempo, it's Cookeville. Lebanon by six points and likely closer than that.

Riverdale and its "Against the World" team will be matched against Blackman and the "Pressing Gunners". Riverdale has fought adversity, for too many reasons to be enumerated, all season but has improved as much as any team in 7AAA. They shoot well from outside with Lanning, Haislip and Henry and have the ability to dominate inside with Barbee, likely the best freshman in the District. Blackman started out and had to make believers out of just about everyone in the District. If they get on a roll they are explosive but their defensive pressure and changing defenses makes their scoring more effective. Blackman can beat you many ways but has to win mostly making the other team do things they don't want to do and Blackman does that well. Blackman is led by Campbell both offensively and Defensively and is an explosive player. Bailey, Campbell, Dorsett, Norris Overton and Nowlin compliment the team but playing exceptionally well and getting a lot of minutes lately is a 6'1"center, Katie Smith who is a player that can dominate the game both offensively and defensively and can make Blackman very difficult to handle. Prediction. The swami is right. These are four quality teams with 4 teriffic coaches two of which were co-coaches of the year. Blackman will have to control the game, change defenses and take better care of the ball better than they have done lately and Katie Smith is again going to have to keep the intensity she had against Siegel when she had an all District performance with rebounds, blocks and scoring. Its likely she had close to a triple double during that game. If Campbell, Bailey,Nowlin and Norris have good games and Dorsett steps up and gets 6-7 points along with Smith and Blackman plays good defense and holds RD to less than 45 it will be close and black could win by 3-4. Riverdale is explosive and can play just about every type game one might want to play. They are Well schooled.The matchup between Barbee and Smith might make the difference in rebounding and scoring. If that'close, the matchup between Lanning and Campbell in scoring might be the difference. But in the end Haislip is likely the difference and as the Swami said and i agree, Riverdale by six in one of the most tense and hardly fought games in the District this year. This will be good from a coaching point of view to see both of moves these two coaches make. It will be outstanding

Cookeville won the third match after tieing the head to head regular season encounters 59-40. This afternoon Cookeville lead 23-21 at half and Lebanon who usually turns it on after the half, could not keep up with the Caviliers after the half and was outscored in the third quarter 18-7 and Cookeville cruised the rest of the way. The match between Helton and Elie did materialize and the Plateau Rock from Cookeville outscored the Tower of Lebanon 22-17 but that was not the Difference. Brooks(16) and Johnson(14) helped Cookevillle to win by scoring in double digits while peyton was the only other Lebanon player to score in double digits with 10. This was a physical game. The next game is in about an hour and we will report it here as Cookeville now winds up in the finals Monday night at Siegel and awaiting the winner of Riverdale/Blackman and so are we.

Riverdale came to Siegel to meet Blackman and left no Doubt tnat they were looking to win the District tournament. They were on one hand as hot as Blackman came in cold. The game was out of hand at the end of the first half and it got worse as the game went on. Riverdale had 11 3's and shot over 50% while Blackman failed to score a three and shot 17%. Haislip led Riverdale with 21, Barbee 11, Henry 15. Riverdale dominated the boards with Haislip, barbee and Spurlock leading the way. Blackmanhad no one to get over 5 points and stayed out of sync most of the game. Blackman gae a good effort but likely the pressure of the time with being in this place in the Tournament led to these results. Monday night, Blackman will meet lebanon in the consolation matchup to decide who meets the winner and runnerup of Cistrict 8 which will likely be Shelbyville and lawrence county. I will post those results when they come in so you can be kept up to date. So Monday nite, its cookeville vs. riverdle for the Championship and Blackman vs lebanon for the consolation. Will post District 8 later tonite.

Riverdale came to Siegel to meet Blackman and left no Doubt tnat they were looking to win the District tournament. They were on one hand as hot as Blackman came in cold. The game was out of hand at the end of the first half and it got worse as the game went on. Riverdale had 11 3's and shot over 50% while Blackman failed to score a three and shot 17%. Haislip led Riverdale with 21, Barbee 11, Henry 15. Riverdale dominated the boards with Haislip, barbee and Spurlock leading the way. Blackmanhad no one to get over 5 points and stayed out of sync most of the game. Blackman gae a good effort but likely the pressure of the time with being in this place in the Tournament led to these results. Monday night, Blackman will meet lebanon in the consolation matchup to decide who meets the winner and runnerup of Cistrict 8 which will likely be Shelbyville and lawrence county. I will post those results when they come in so you can be kept up to date. So Monday nite, its cookeville vs. riverdle for the Championship and Blackman vs lebanon for the consolation. Will post District 8 later tonite.

Unlike last year there have been no upsets this year so far. Riverdale vs Cookeville should be a good matchup.Riverdale is playing awfully well right now.

Congratulations to Riverdale on their blowout win over Blackman tonight. They were way better than Blackman tonight in every phase of the game. Blackman has a lot of work to do to be able to get another win this season. But you never know, maybe there is still another win or two in this team and if that is the case, maybe they can get another chance at Riverdale in the Region tournament.

Now a couple of things I have to get off my chest. First of all, Riverdale has some of the most classless fans I have seen. Yelling things at our coaches and players is very unclassy. I realize this is not all Riverdale fans and only a very few but these few fans bring how you look as a school down. Also, I thought your coach showed her true colors as she definitely tried to run the score up. She was leading by 40 yet refused to pull her starters until there was less than 2 minutes to go in the game and continued to press pretty much to the end of the game. I can see where someone as classless as she appeared to be could definitely do some shady things to get where she is now.

One more thing. Were those the best officials 7aaa could find. The officiating was horrible. I have never seen officials as pathetic as those were. I'm not saying it benefitted Riverdale or Blackman, it was plain horrible for both teams. I also watched the Oakland/Cookeville boys game and those same officials were just as bad in that game. I really wonder how much they truely know about basketball. Officials, if you come on to coachT to read these things, I have one message for you guys that did the Blackman/Riverdale girls and Oakland/Cookeville boys: "you stink"

blaze all the way i sat kinda close to your coach and i didnt hear anyone saying anything to your bench...thirdly i can gaurantee you that you have seen worse officiating than what you saw in that game...the officials did not effect the game in anyway and that is the way you like to have it...i did not see anything one way or the other that would have me agreeing with you on the officiating...as far as playing starters til 2 minutes I am not sure if you realized but coach had at least an 8 player rotation going the entire game...while she did not do a mass substitution she did sub a lot during the game now i would have liked to see some of the younger ones get in but at the same time we have a day off tomorrow and i am sure our coach wants to keep the girls sharp for monday night and hopefully win a district championship...

I really enjoyed our crowd tonight when a timeout was called they were cheering the girls as they came to the bench and when they came out from halftime it was an energetic crowd and it was fun...

our girls played LIGHTS OUT TONIGHT they didnt miss very much and they are very good defensivley and offensivly...ahsley henry had improved so much over the season she is taking the ball to the hole shooting the open 3 and really leading this team like a point guard should and shen she does those little things it opens up the ENTIRE TEAM Jaclissa gets left open natalie gets left open aubrey gets left open and it opens up the middle for spurlock and of course barbee

I do not know what has happened at blackman they beat us in the first game and we beat them pretty sound the second time and this time there was never any question...for example blackman scored 20 points tonight and in the first game #20 scored 27 by herself so i am not sure what happened to blackman or maybe we just got that much better....well we take on cookeville on monday i think i heard the time was 730 so i am not sure

GREAT GAME LADY WARRIORS

Congratulations to Riverdale on their blowout win over Blackman tonight. They were way better than Blackman tonight in every phase of the game. Blackman has a lot of work to do to be able to get another win this season. But you never know, maybe there is still another win or two in this team and if that is the case, maybe they can get another chance at Riverdale in the Region tournament.

Now a couple of things I have to get off my chest. First of all, Riverdale has some of the most classless fans I have seen. Yelling things at our coaches and players is very unclassy. I realize this is not all Riverdale fans and only a very few but these few fans bring how you look as a school down. Also, I thought your coach showed her true colors as she definitely tried to run the score up. She was leading by 40 yet refused to pull her starters until there was less than 2 minutes to go in the game and continued to press pretty much to the end of the game. I can see where someone as classless as she appeared to be could definitely do some shady things to get where she is now.

One more thing. Were those the best officials 7aaa could find. The officiating was horrible. I have never seen officials as pathetic as those were. I'm not saying it benefitted Riverdale or Blackman, it was plain horrible for both teams. I also watched the Oakland/Cookeville boys game and those same officials were just as bad in that game. I really wonder how much they truely know about basketball. Officials, if you come on to coachT to read these things, I have one message for you guys that did the Blackman/Riverdale girls and Oakland/Cookeville boys: "you stink"

Ditto.............I was at both games and you are absolutely right in all statements you made. It truly was a get back at Blackman for her TSSAA ruling on the recruitment violation. The confusing part about the punishment handed down from TSSAA is the fact that nothing affected this years team, just next year. Why wouldn't the punishment go against them this year? Just wondered!

blaze all the way i sat kinda close to your coach and i didnt hear anyone saying anything to your bench...thirdly i can gaurantee you that you have seen worse officiating than what you saw in that game...the officials did not effect the game in anyway and that is the way you like to have it...i did not see anything one way or the other that would have me agreeing with you on the officiating...as far as playing starters til 2 minutes I am not sure if you realized but coach had at least an 8 player rotation going the entire game...while she did not do a mass substitution she did sub a lot during the game now i would have liked to see some of the younger ones get in but at the same time we have a day off tomorrow and i am sure our coach wants to keep the girls sharp for monday night and hopefully win a district championship...

I really enjoyed our crowd tonight when a timeout was called they were cheering the girls as they came to the bench and when they came out from halftime it was an energetic crowd and it was fun...

our girls played LIGHTS OUT TONIGHT they didnt miss very much and they are very good defensivley and offensivly...ahsley henry had improved so much over the season she is taking the ball to the hole shooting the open 3 and really leading this team like a point guard should and shen she does those little things it opens up the ENTIRE TEAM Jaclissa gets left open natalie gets left open aubrey gets left open and it opens up the middle for spurlock and of course barbee

I do not know what has happened at blackman they beat us in the first game and we beat them pretty sound the second time and this time there was never any question...for example blackman scored 20 points tonight and in the first game #20 scored 27 by herself so i am not sure what happened to blackman or maybe we just got that much better....well we take on cookeville on monday i think i heard the time was 730 so i am not sure

GREAT GAME LADY WARRIORS

We sat across the gym and heard the man and woman yelling at the coach and players from Blackman. They sat about 4 rows up behind the Riverdale bench. She could be heard across the gym and looking and speaking directly to the Blackman bench. I'm sure like I said on the previous reply, it had to have something to do with the fact that Blackman turned her in for the violation. Just seemed that way from an outsider looking in!!