7AAA

spartaman

i wont EVEN GET STARTED ON THE OFFICIALS LOL just kidding...ny source never mentioned the OFFICIALS i was just kidding because everyone has complained about them during the whole tournament but the person who told me about the game never mentioned the officiating so i wanna say good job to the officials and it sounded like a hard played game congrats to cookeville on a hard fought game hope to see oyu in region championship game

Ha Ha Ha. About the way you started this off. Ya'll played a great game tonight. There were two really good games tonight. Congrats to those that made the all tournament team. And contgrats to the supporting players that made their performances possible. Let's get those buggers to the south.

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Generally, not a big fan of girls basketball but I still keep up with it in the district. But a few things have happened this year that caught my attention. I've been following the Riverdale/TSSAA issue and though the punishment seems a bit harsh, I think the TSSAA is just trying to make a point. But I do question the sportsmanship from the Riverdale team after the players were quoted in the DNJ about laughing at Oakland during their first round game. I attributed this to possible inaccurate reporting from the DNJ but after watching the Riverdale/Blackman game on Saturday, I find it more believable. IMO a more mature coach would have handled the game differently. It was not a close game, take your starters out and act like you've done it before. You didn't win any support from the other schools after that display.

I agree the dnj did a poor job on the article that reported poor sportsmanship after the Oakland game. However, after the political bs thats been created between BHS/RHS&TSSAA its' not going to be uncommom to see these two schools throw the gloves off and go at it. I guess one might say the back yard brawl just became a little more intense or maybe you could say theres no love loss between these two respected schools. It should be great for the gate, maybe thats what they had in mind all along????? hmmmmmmmmm!

I hate that my girls lost BUT WE STILL host a region game and we are not elminated...

I did not make the game but i was told that cookeville controlled the game from start to finish it was not our night we didnt hit shots and just wasnt our night Cookeville is a good team and when you play them you gotta bring your A game but the improtant thing is we host Lincoln County on FRIDAY at 7:00 I will be there for that cheering on my LADY WARRIORS...

GO LADY WARRIORS

I think your team is in great shape "riverdaleman". Shelbyville lost and they are now in the same bracket as Cookeville. I LOVE THAT!!! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

we havent played Lawrence County but we have played and beaten shelbyville a couple of times did shelbyville have an off night or did LC have a hot night or were their games usually hottly contested...i know coach Scott is a good coach

I don't know about the LC game tonight, but I think it improved your position being opposite Cookeville and Shelbyville. Only once in a blue moon is it actually good to lose a game. I think it was Riverdales blue moon tonight. Time will tell. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Cookeville leads Riverdale 25-19 at the half as Erin Heltin is a force both scoring and a bear on the boards as Cookeville leads the boards 12-7. Riverdale started off slow but picked up the pace in the second quarter to come within 6 points of Cookeville.The second half was as intense a half that has been in the Tournament as Helton kept up her rebounding advantage and John and Brooks picked up their scoring. The final score of the game was Cookeville 53-Riverdale 46. The asoring was Helton 17, Johnson 17. Riverdale was led by 19, Barbee with 10.

The game was won on the boards with Helton getting 12 rebouinds for cookeville and Barbee getting 10 for Riverdale.

The all tournament team was Helton, Johnson and Brooks for Cookeville, Barbee,Haislip and Henry for Riverdale, Elie and Peyton for lebanon and Campbell and Katie Smith for Blackman. This tournament was paced by Helton with Cookeville who had a great Tournament on both ends of the court and not far behind, Haislip and Barbee of Riverdale. Cookeville seemed to be the best team and won.

Lawrence County will play Blackman and Shelbyville will play Lebanon , Cookeville will play Franklin County and Riverdale will play Lincoln County in the region.

Cookeville was lead in scoring by Johnson with 18, Helton had 17, and Brooks had 16. Helton had a great 1st half with several great offensive rebounds and putbacks. In the 2nd half Brooks it a couple of big 3's, but Johnson was the key to Cookeville holding off Riverdale. Johnson's aggressiveness in attacking the basket and getting to the foul line against Riverdale's pressure allowed Cookeville keep the Lady Warriors at from ever getting closer than 4 points in the 2nd half. I also thought Riverdale looked like they ran out of gas at about the 2 minute mark and they really never made the challenge I was expecting at the end. I guess they probably had expended so much energy in fighting from behind for almost the entire game. Riverdale lead 4-2 and never lead or tied the game again after Cookeville hit a 3 to take the lead at 5-4. It was a well played game that was fun to watch. Congratulations to Coach Odom on winning another 7-AAA Championship. She and Coach Brock do a great job year in and year out.

PHargis I have a question for you about the earlier post on the Lebanon/Blackman game. How can you say Blackman was never really in the game when they were tied with Lebanon at 38 all with 4 minutes or less left in the game? You must have a different measure of being in the game than most people do.

I did see a recap of the game which was on a thread of this forum which explained that LC ran out ahead of Shelbyville at the first of the game, Shelbyville then had to catch up and it took sometime in the third forthem to get within 6 points and then LC had another spurt and closed it out. Look at the box scores in the Tennessean and I believe it will show that happened. How it got that way to start with I do not know. LC likely was ready to play and SHS had some issues.

PHargis I have a question for you about the earlier post on the Lebanon/Blackman game. How can you say Blackman was never really in the game when they were tied with Lebanon at 38 all with 4 minutes or less left in the game? You must have a different measure of being in the game than most people do.

He has a different measure of almost everything than most people do. Just read his posts.

There are just some people who apparently think that quantity is more important than quality and don't care much for accuracy or correctness or knowledge. I guess they just like the sound of their own voice, or the look of their typing I guess.

Cookeville was lead in scoring by Johnson with 18, Helton had 17, and Brooks had 16. Helton had a great 1st half with several great offensive rebounds and putbacks. In the 2nd half Brooks it a couple of big 3's, but Johnson was the key to Cookeville holding off Riverdale. Johnson's aggressiveness in attacking the basket and getting to the foul line against Riverdale's pressure allowed Cookeville keep the Lady Warriors at from ever getting closer than 4 points in the 2nd half. I also thought Riverdale looked like they ran out of gas at about the 2 minute mark and they really never made the challenge I was expecting at the end. I guess they probably had expended so much energy in fighting from behind for almost the entire game. Riverdale lead 4-2 and never lead or tied the game again after Cookeville hit a 3 to take the lead at 5-4. It was a well played game that was fun to watch. Congratulations to Coach Odom on winning another 7-AAA Championship. She and Coach Brock do a great job year in and year out.

I also said that the game was tied twice in the second half. They might have been a head by one. I never thought Blackman had a serious chance at that time and it worked out that way. Just perception, nothing else. Likely should have not posted but was my objective feeling.

He has a different measure of almost everything than most people do. Just read his posts.

There are just some people who apparently think that quantity is more important than quality and don't care much for accuracy or correctness or knowledge. I guess they just like the sound of their own voice, or the look of their typing I guess.

i appreciate your thoughts and I see you are a new member. You can become a member of CoachT and post and get all services for $24 a year. It is cost effective and you will find things such as email available. You might not be able to post on sites out of season. Those posters who have just become members might be able to get a lot out of the ability to post on all sports. i appreciate your thoughts and your following 7AAA and Siegel high School. Again your thoughts are appreciated.

I see that this is your second post and you have justbecome a member of CoachT. To get all services and be able to post year round its just $24 a year and includes many services. Cookeville has been an important part of 7AAA for years. Coach Odom is a fine coach. You are correct on the scoring and I should have posted "unofficial" as far as the results. Cookeville has a very good chance, as you know, of going very far in the Tournament. Best of luck. Your analysis was very correct and hope you post again explaining what you saw. We don'thave enough posters from Cookeville.

welcome to the boards...i wish oyu had been here all season and i hope you continue to give an update on the games that cookeville plays...your analyisis fits what i was told in that cookeville was in control for the whole game cookeville is a very good team i am just glad we wasnt elmintated with that loss and we still get a home game so its all good good luck next week and i hope to see you in the region championship game which is another game to where it doesnt matter if you win or lose

again welcome to COACHT and please continue to give us your insight