LCHS @ BAYLOR-EJECTION

bulldog85

Let me just get this straight "dude", the baylor kid, unprovoked, took his helmet off and threw it at your kid and then went and "whined" the ref that he did this and the other kid got ejected,

In addition your saying my earlier post says that Lincoln County kid pulled off the Baylor kids helmet, it doesn't

Just trying to get it straight "dude" I have reposted my earlier statement, just you can get it right "dude"

"Clearly you have no idea what happened that night or why the offical ejected the correct kid.

This is what happened, up until the point of the ejection the the Lincoln County boy at center was having a very tough time with the nose guard from Baylor and becoming more frustrated as the game went on, this is very clear from the video

On the play the incident happened, the Baylor Nose Guard ended up on the bottom of the pile with his legs trapped underneath the pile and his upper bodysticking out face down, The Lincoln County kid then proceeded to grab the Baylor kids face mask and violently jerk his head, while the Baylor kid was trapped under the pile, so what you had was boy on his feet, pulling a boy in basically a dead lift position by the face mask,

Now for the Baylor kid throwing his helmet, when the ref finally physically stopped the kid from jerking the Baylor kids helmet and the Baylor kid got up from under the pile, his helmet was on sideways from being jerked on, his nose was in the ear hole, the Baylor kid pushed up on his helmet from the from the face mask and back of the helmet and the helmet came flying off, that was the end of it, while the Baylor kid was upset he had no idea what had happened since he had been face down

There is a huge chunk of meat out of the Baylor kids nose, and his lip was also busted up pretty bad from this incident, while Baylor pulled him off the field to regain is composure, he returned to the game a couple of plays later.

The correct call was made by the offical!"

Now for Muffin, there was no debate clearly you guys have no idea what you are talking about, there was no film review to reinstate the kid, the kid was ejected for the remainder of the Baylor-LIncoln County game for a flagrant personal foul, that is it, free to play in subsequent events, no review, kid was ejected for the remainder of the game!

And in my earlier comment that was probably good because it was very early in the game and it would have been a long night for the poor boy!

Sorry Old REF, If the player was ejected from the game this week, he sits next week. TSSAA rule. If he is ejected during the last game of the season and plays another sport, he sits for that game. If he plays this week, it will be because someone at TSSAA reviewed the tape and felt the ejection was not called for. See http://www.tssaa.org/Handbook/handbook.pdf p. 18

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me just get this straight "dude", the baylor kid, unprovoked, took his helmet off and threw it at your kid and then went and "whined" the ref that he did this and the other kid got ejected,

In addition your saying my earlier post says that Lincoln County kid pulled off the Baylor kids helmet, it doesn't

Just trying to get it straight "dude" I have reposted my earlier statement, just you can get it right "dude"

"Clearly you have no idea what happened that night or why the offical ejected the correct kid.

This is what happened, up until the point of the ejection the the Lincoln County boy at center was having a very tough time with the nose guard from Baylor and becoming more frustrated as the game went on, this is very clear from the video

On the play the incident happened, the Baylor Nose Guard ended up on the bottom of the pile with his legs trapped underneath the pile and his upper bodysticking out face down, The Lincoln County kid then proceeded to grab the Baylor kids face mask and violently jerk his head, while the Baylor kid was trapped under the pile, so what you had was boy on his feet, pulling a boy in basically a dead lift position by the face mask,

Now for the Baylor kid throwing his helmet, when the ref finally physically stopped the kid from jerking the Baylor kids helmet and the Baylor kid got up from under the pile, his helmet was on sideways from being jerked on, his nose was in the ear hole, the Baylor kid pushed up on his helmet from the from the face mask and back of the helmet and the helmet came flying off, that was the end of it, while the Baylor kid was upset he had no idea what had happened since he had been face down

There is a huge chunk of meat out of the Baylor kids nose, and his lip was also busted up pretty bad from this incident, while Baylor pulled him off the field to regain is composure, he returned to the game a couple of plays later.

The correct call was made by the offical!"

Now for Muffin, there was no debate clearly you guys have no idea what you are talking about, there was no film review to reinstate the kid, the kid was ejected for the remainder of the Baylor-LIncoln County game for a flagrant personal foul, that is it, free to play in subsequent events, no review, kid was ejected for the remainder of the game!

And in my earlier comment that was probably good because it was very early in the game and it would have been a long night for the poor boy!

Well, "DUDE" I guess we will agree to disagree. Like I said the film doesn't lie, and there is a film, we are not making this up, ask the TSSAA, and it clearly shows the Baylor kid remove his helmet and throw it at the L.C. player which in itself should have meant an ejection for the Baylor player period! I don't know what was going on on the bottom of the pile and neither do you, unless of course you were lying there with them in the pile, which i doubt. I played football, and I know that there are things that go on on the bottom of the pile that shouldn't, that's a fact ,but the ref must make his call on what we actually saw, and from where he was standing and looking there was no way on earth he could have seen anything that was going on in the pile, especially since he wasn't even looking at the pile, he was watching the ball carrier.

And you being an ol ref then you don't know the rules, which may explain why you are an EX-referee,, if you get ejected from a game you must also sit out the next game, that's the rule, and that's why we fought this so much, it's bad enough to get ejected from a game for doing nothing wrong, but to have to sit out the next game too,is a little much, don't you think.

Looks like Muffin knows the rules better than you! You sure you aren't that ref that made the call?

Well, if you've got the film put it up on youtube.

Let me know how and I will try.

Well, "DUDE" I guess we will agree to disagree. Like I said the film doesn't lie, and there is a film, we are not making this up, ask the TSSAA, and it clearly shows the Baylor kid remove his helmet and throw it at the L.C. player which in itself should have meant an ejection for the Baylor player period! I don't know what was going on on the bottom of the pile and neither do you, unless of course you were lying there with them in the pile, which i doubt. I played football, and I know that there are things that go on on the bottom of the pile that shouldn't, that's a fact ,but the ref must make his call on what we actually saw, and from where he was standing and looking there was no way on earth he could have seen anything that was going on in the pile, especially since he wasn't even looking at the pile, he was watching the ball carrier.

And you being an ol ref then you don't know the rules, which may explain why you are an EX-referee,, if you get ejected from a game you must also sit out the next game, that's the rule, and that's why we fought this so much, it's bad enough to get ejected from a game for doing nothing wrong, but to have to sit out the next game too,is a little much, don't you think.

Looks like Muffin knows the rules better than you! You sure you aren't that ref that made the call?

Let me know how and I will try.

http://www.jmcneal.com/falcon/

Try this and see if it works, look in the left corner of the film after the play and you will see the L.C. player trying to get off the ground and #78 for Baylor getting up on his knees,then launching his helmet, the falcon player is # 54 and the Baylor # 78. Almost looks like the baylor player's own helmet bounces off the L.C. player and comes back and hits him in the face! That would explain the bloody lip and the hunk of meat out of his nose. It takes a while to load, but then you can watch it over and over again without the wait. What you thought you saw and what the film shows are two totally different things. Looks like 78 was tired of getting his butt whipped and just lost it for a second.

http://www.jmcneal.com/falcon/

Try this and see if it works, look in the left corner of the film after the play and you will see the L.C. player trying to get off the ground and #78 for Baylor getting up on his knees,then launching his helmet, the falcon player is # 54 and the Baylor # 78. Almost looks like the baylor player's own helmet bounces off the L.C. player and comes back and hits him in the face! That would explain the bloody lip and the hunk of meat out of his nose. It takes a while to load, but then you can watch it over and over again without the wait. What you thought you saw and what the film shows are two totally different things. Looks like 78 was tired of getting his butt whipped and just lost it for a second.

Just watched it

I don't know about the butt whipping stuff,

Clearly the Baylor kid came up with his helmet sideways, turned it straight, pulled it off and thru it at the other kid, I tried to see the bouncing back and hitting him in his face, but couldn't see it, but he clearly reaches up to his face after the incident,

I did look at the ref and he followed the play and then for some reason turns back to where the boys were at in the pile in the back field, I don't know if he heard something, but he was definitely looking at the pile in the backfield before the 78 came up off the bottom, he must of seen something, i don't know, though film does clearly show 78 throw his helmet at 54, i guess the only guys who know are 54, 78 and the ref, but theres something more than we know is going on there

Though if you watch enough times and look at all the stuff that goes on around it, aside from bad sportsmanship, and thank goodness nobody getting hurt, its almost funny, you see the other Baylor kid cringe when he hears the helmet hit the other kid, both kids get up and start pointing at the other kid, the ref taking his sweet #%* time walking to them and throwing the flag, 54 huddling LC up moving up the field pointing over his shoulder, as he is sure the personal foul is agaisnt Baylor, and I can see why

All in all exciting game, Good Luck with the rest of your season!

Just watched it

Clearly the Baylor kid came up with his helmet sideways, turned it straight, pulled it off and thru it at the other kid, I tried to see the bouncing back and hitting him in his face, but couldn't see it, but he clearly reaches up to his face after the incident,

I did look at the ref and he followed the play and then for some reason turns back to where the boys were at in the pile in the back field, I don't know if he heard something, but he was definitely looking at the pile in the backfield before the 78 came up off the bottom, he must of seen something, i don't know, though film does clearly show 78 throw his helmet at 54, i guess the only guys who know are 54, 78 and the ref, but theres something more than we know is going on there

Though if you watch enough times and look at all the stuff that goes on around it, aside from bad sportsmanship, and thank goodness nobody getting hurt, its almost funny, you see the other Baylor kid cringe when he hears the helmet hit the other kid, both kids get up and start pointing at the other kid, the ref taking his sweet #%* time walking to them and throwing the flag, 54 huddling LC up moving up the field pointing over his shoulder, as he is sure the personal foul is agaisnt Baylor, and I can see why

Just watched it

Now, where did you come up with this "Old Ref". We watched the whole tape of the first quarter and 54 for LC had his way with 78 the whole quarter, many times putting 78 flat on his back. You need to know fact before you speak. What film did you see to come to this conclusion that it would have been a long night for 54. One of the refs commented at halftime to 54's Dad that 78 was really frustrated and had been getting his tail whipped. This was what caused the poor sportsmanship.

Now, where did you come up with this "Old Ref". We watched the whole tape of the first quarter and 54 for LC had his way with 78 the whole quarter, many times putting 78 flat on his back. You need to know fact before you speak. What film did you see to come to this conclusion that it would have been a long night for 54. One of the refs commented at halftime to 54's Dad that 78 was really frustrated and had been getting his tail whipped. This was what caused the poor sportsmanship.

It is funny how peoples opionions can be different depending on what side they are setting on. Not being able to see what happend on previous plays leaves a lot to the imagination as to both payers attitudes on that given play. Here is what I see from watching that clip. The Baylor Ng fires off low and hard and drives the center back several yards. Having let the defensive lineman get lower than him the center basically underhooks him and tries to keep from getting driven back. It looks like the centers hands may be in the face mask area but it is not clear to see. What is obvious in my opionion though is that something happened during that time period. Based soley on the Baylor players reaction and the fact that his helmet was sideways when he came up and he was grabbing his nose instantly I would guess the Center had one hand on the facemask and another was inside the facemask. This may have been intentional and it may have been on accident. Either way its part of playing in the trenches. Based on the Baylor players immediate reaction I would say this is the case. The Baylor player clearly didnt plan what happened becasue it was all to fast. He shouldnt have thrown his helmet obviously but the other player (in my opionion) shouldnt have been gouging, pinching,scraping or whatever he was doing to provoke the incident. Does the clip show this as a fact? No, it does not but based on the reactions this is my opionion. This is an unbiased view from what i see when I watch the clip.It would be interesting to see previous plays and see if this kind of thing was on going or if the Baylor player had been complaining about it to the ref. There could have even been some verbal things said while this incedent was happening that the ref overheard. having played on the line I can tell you firsthand there is a lot that goes on that the stands are not aware of.

It is funny how peoples opionions can be different depending on what side they are setting on. Not being able to see what happend on previous plays leaves a lot to the imagination as to both payers attitudes on that given play. Here is what I see from watching that clip. The Baylor Ng fires off low and hard and drives the center back several yards. Having let the defensive lineman get lower than him the center basically underhooks him and tries to keep from getting driven back. It looks like the centers hands may be in the face mask area but it is not clear to see. What is obvious in my opionion though is that something happened during that time period. Based soley on the Baylor players reaction and the fact that his helmet was sideways when he came up and he was grabbing his nose instantly I would guess the Center had one hand on the facemask and another was inside the facemask. This may have been intentional and it may have been on accident. Either way its part of playing in the trenches. Based on the Baylor players immediate reaction I would say this is the case. The Baylor player clearly didnt plan what happened becasue it was all to fast. He shouldnt have thrown his helmet obviously but the other player (in my opionion) shouldnt have been gouging, pinching,scraping or whatever he was doing to provoke the incident. Does the clip show this as a fact? No, it does not but based on the reactions this is my opionion. This is an unbiased view from what i see when I watch the clip.It would be interesting to see previous plays and see if this kind of thing was on going or if the Baylor player had been complaining about it to the ref. There could have even been some verbal things said while this incedent was happening that the ref overheard. having played on the line I can tell you firsthand there is a lot that goes on that the stands are not aware of.

Opinions do not matter here, 54 was reinstated and apoligized to by the ref. He will be playing this Friday night.

Opinions do not matter here, 54 was reinstated and apoligized to by the ref. He will be playing this Friday night.

i never said i thought he shouldnt play. I just dont think he was as innocent as you seem to think in this scenario. 5 people here at my work watched this all of whom played college football. They all thought the Lincoln county player had obviously done something to provoke the baylor player based on the baylor players immediate reaction. Nobody felt that it should have waranted setting out a game though. Im not condoning the baylor player throwing his helmet but you live in a fantasy world if you think your guy didnt do anything. you cant fake reactions like that. plus the helmet was sideways when he came up. If he was gouging eyes or something like that then the ref should have kicked him out. The problem with video is it doesnt show enough detail. Both guys probably should have been ejected if the truth be known. Im not belittling any players when i say that. I also did some reactionary things in the heat of battle that I instanly regretted but rules are rules and they must be inforced.

i never said i thought he shouldnt play. I just dont think he was as innocent as you seem to think in this scenario. 5 people here at my work watched this all of whom played college football. They all thought the Lincoln county player had obviously done something to provoke the baylor player based on the baylor players immediate reaction. Nobody felt that it should have waranted setting out a game though. Im not condoning the baylor player throwing his helmet but you live in a fantasy world if you think your guy didnt do anything. you cant fake reactions like that. plus the helmet was sideways when he came up. If he was gouging eyes or something like that then the ref should have kicked him out. The problem with video is it doesnt show enough detail. Both guys probably should have been ejected if the truth be known. Im not belittling any players when i say that. I also did some reactionary things in the heat of battle that I instanly regretted but rules are rules and they must be inforced.

Your right about not knowing what went on in the pile. We will never know, but what did you see in that film that suggested 54 should have been thrown out. All the ref said was that 54 ripped 78's helmet off and that was an automatic ejection. If something happened on previous plays, then yes it should have been taken care of then and there. Is that a fantasy world Im living in. What else would you like for the video to show. It looks pretty clear to me. Now let me get back to my fantasy world.