Vikings vs cougers

couch qb

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well lets talk about it ..this is a trap game if i ever saw one..central is improving and getting healthy ..could be a dog fight if we overlook them which we have a bad habit of doing at times.

I doubt after the Volunteer debacle last year that any games will be overlooked. This one will be over by halftime. Sheppard and pals will pad stats for the 1st half and then the JV will hit the field. Perfect game right before South. Hopefully the Vikings will get healthy.

Well lets talk about it ..this is a trap game if i ever saw one..central is improving and getting healthy ..could be a dog fight if we overlook them which we have a bad habit of doing at times.

True, over the years THS has struggled with the Cougars. Although, the Vikes haven't lost to Central in some time the past few scores have been rather modest - 28-0, 27-10, 28-7 - even the game in 2004 where the Vikes won 42-0 was in my opinion their sloppiest regular season game that year.

You know Cougar fans are going to think you spelled their name wrong on purpose since it was a TN High fan that started this thread. Bulletin Board material!!! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

WHOOOPSS!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> did'nt even notice.

I don't understand this "overlook" business. I know the Vikings aren't going to zone out and forget to block and tackle. Central has a total of one victory, and it was over Unicoi. I know everyone is excited about TH and South, and people want to add some "spice" to this game to hold them over until South, but the fact is, it's TH vs. Central. No matter how excited the kids are for South, they still have are gonna have a pretty easy handle on the cougars.

I don't understand this "overlook" business. I know the Vikings aren't going to zone out and forget to block and tackle. Central has a total of one victory, and it was over Unicoi. I know everyone is excited about TH and South, and people want to add some "spice" to this game to hold them over until South, but the fact is, it's TH vs. Central. No matter how excited the kids are for South, they still have are gonna have a pretty easy handle on the cougars.

See: vikings vs falcons last year, unicoi vs vikings this year ..it does happen! Probably won,t this week ..for i hope we have learned a lesson or two. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

True, over the years THS has struggled with the Cougars. Although, the Vikes haven't lost to Central in some time the past few scores have been rather modest - 28-0, 27-10, 28-7 - even the game in 2004 where the Vikes won 42-0 was in my opinion their sloppiest regular season game that year.

Ditto! Cougars have proven to be a very tough out for the Vikings at times. This year we face a Cougar team with nothing to lose and a season to make with a win over the Vikings. That kind of victory would go a long way for making senior memories and building for next year. Vikings better be focused on the right Sullivan this week.

P.S. THSVikings2004 I really like the picture at the bottom of all your posts. I recognize some but not all the Vikings in it. Can you id everyone in it from left to right. I think it is one of the coolest pictures. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Ditto! Cougars have proven to be a very tough out for the Vikings at times. This year we face a Cougar team with nothing to lose and a season to make with a win over the Vikings. That kind of victory would go a long way for making senior memories and building for next year. Vikings better be focused on the right Sullivan this week.

P.S. THSVikings2004 I really like the picture at the bottom of all your posts. I recognize some but not all the Vikings in it. Can you id everyone in it from left to right. I think it is one of the coolest pictures. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I don't think they will be looking past this game. They are focused on getting better every week, so if were better this week than last---look out Cougars! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

#87 Darryal Wilson, unknown, #34 Michael Worley, #32 George Heath, #31 Keenan Shepard, #86 unknown although that picture was taken from a game against Volunteer either in the early 90s or 80s. The picture was in one of my old photo albums.