South Doyle @ Knoxville Halls

ZCAR

- Nice article in the shopper about the seniors. Many have felt the pain this year, but in the long run most got to be a huge part of last seasons success. At least they will have that to remember.

- I hope they (seniors) show us what they are made of Friday night and go out a winner. Maybe they can find something in the tank.

- I heard John Babcock (Taylor's father) was in a serious accident this past weekend. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. He has been around the program to help out at any time. From what I hear it will be a hard battle the next few months just to be able to walk again. Please remember him in your prayers also.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well here we are the final dance for both these proud schools for this year. I know I'm a week early but lets keep this postive and talk about what to look forward to in this game and what it may mean for both programs for next year.

Will we see any Frosh play? If we do who would you like to see get a taste of the ol varsity friday night lights. I hope we see alot of faces in the mix this game.

A lot of seasoned seniors will be the leaving the Halls camp many having a good three years of football under their belt. A sad time but also a new beginning awaits them let really show our appreciation as they leave the field next friday night.

I think Halls has the better team.......the loss of OJ Moore has really hurt SD I like Halls

35-17

Powell aint nothing. I would much rather have lost at Halls this year than to have won with Powell.

Well I am happy for you cause that is exactly what happened...and it will always happen cause WE OWN EMORY... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

AM990 carrying the game tonight.

So if you can't be at the game and sending the kids around tricker treating then at least you can get the play by play.

Go Devils finish strong. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well, doggoneit, it's been a tougher year than we thought it would be. Hopes were dashed against the cruel rocks of circumstance. The various and many times unexpected outcomes in sports are often said to be metaphors for life's realities, and no less so with Halls' underachievement this year. Things just don't always work out the way we plan -- the best laid plans of mice and men and all that, they say.

One hopes that the seniors especially learn from this that things don't always work out the way they should on paper. The coaches know this, of course, but that doesn't make the absence of what might have been any less easy to bear, either for them or the players.

I congratulate Coach J on running a fine program and teaching the boys, one of whom is my own, so much about football, including the right way to win and lose, and hence so much about life. That's what it's all about anyway, isn't it?

It's been a (mostly) fine four years of football for our family. I hate to see them end, but one of life's realities is about passages and tonight the seniors pass from what was an integral part of their relatively short lives to bigger, more complicated and one hopes better things. Better things? That's always a question, isn't it? You better believe that football can help young men better achieve that result. So again, to Coach J, Coach Kirby and most of the rest of the coaches, thank you for your hard work and examples to the young men who we place under your tutelage.

Now, let's go out on a winning note....