Class 1A Mr. Football Official Ballot

CoachT

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My orginal post was on page 3 post #33. It's not there. Why would it be removed?

I'm reposting my vote. Since for some reason it was deleted - my post from last night at 9:50.

McMinn Central's kicker, #42 Godrey, hasn't had many opportunties to make field goals. The team makes touch downs. #42 Godfrey has made a 48 yd field goal. It was removed due to a roughing the kicker penalty. I believe out of 48 kick offs 44 kick offs went 70-75 yards. Extra points 40 out of 42....

Also keep in mind this young man has never kicked a football until spring 2008. Every game is a challenge, because every game is a new experience.

I'm reposting my vote. Since for some reason it was deleted - my post from last night at 9:50.

McMinn Central's kicker, #42 Godrey, hasn't had many opportunties to make field goals. The team makes touch downs. #42 Godfrey has made a 48 yd field goal. It was removed due to a roughing the kicker penalty. I believe out of 48 kick offs 44 kick offs went 70-75 yards. Extra points 40 out of 42....

Also keep in mind this young man has never kicked a football until spring 2008. Every game is a challenge, because every game is a new experience.

I think because this is a 1A Mr football thread and Mcminn Central is a 3A team.

A little further digging on those interceptions will find more half of were due to balls passing through receivers hands, off their head or chest and into the hands of the defense due to no fault of the QB. Besides if you pass the ball almost 300 times, 5 % of the time getting an interception can be expected.

17 interceptions at 300 passes --- 5.6%

13 touchdowns at 300 passes --- 4.3%

Once again you failed to mention with nearly 300 passes he only has 4.3% of them for TD's... I don't care if they were tipped balls, wrong routes, etc... 17 int's are alot... don't you think the other great qbs of 1A with 13 tds and 5 int's had some tipped balls, wrong routes, etc...

I'm sure he is a great player, probably a great kid... but if they throw the ball that much he should have these numbers... the td should be higher... are they throwing alot of screen passes which prevent alot of td's... something is just not adding up if this kid is as good as you say he is...

Of course being from South Pittsburg I am going to have to say David Jones! He has not put up huge numbers this season because he has not played alot this season. 80 Carries 662 Yds 8.3 YPC 15 TDS! Those numbers are huge if you look at the playing time he has had to share. Coach Grider usually pulls him after the second quater because in all but 2 games this season by the time the second quater comes to an end SP is usually up by 35 if not more! He is 3rd in the Chattanooga area in scoring iwth 94 points so far this season! He is not the main reason ( THE WHOLE TEAM IS ) but he is a big reason the Pirates are doing what they are doing.

Of course being from South Pittsburg I am going to have to say David Jones! He has not put up huge numbers this season because he has not played alot this season. 80 Carries 662 Yds 8.3 YPC 15 TDS! Those numbers are huge if you look at the playing time he has had to share. Coach Grider usually pulls him after the second quater because in all but 2 games this season by the time the second quater comes to an end SP is usually up by 35 if not more! He is 3rd in the Chattanooga area in scoring iwth 94 points so far this season! He is not the main reason ( THE WHOLE TEAM IS ) but he is a big reason the Pirates are doing what they are doing.

Hey, 15 TDs on only 80 carries is impressive...especially when he has play only a half of most games. Unfortunately being as good as y'all are and winning so big is a curse when it comes to Mr. Football. But that curse is nothing compared to the trophey you got last December as well as the one you have a great chance getting this year. Everyone has a lot of respect when it comes to SP football. But they look at numbers more when it comes to this award and though I'm not going to argue against Jones, I'm just stating that is how it goes. My vote is still for Josh, but like you said, its a team effort in winning games and y'all have plenty of team players and many who contribute. That is why you are so strong. Come playoffs, I'm routing for Grace as long as they can stay in the race, after that I'm rootin for the other region 3 team. Good luck!

got that right. McEwen needs to be in the hunt........

No doubt about it. Ethan Tummins should get strong consideration. He is a great kid, runs harder than any back I've seen in the HS level in a long time. He is a great student and has the stats to prove he deserves it. Everyone they play knows he is going to get the ball and they haven't stopped him yet. The Warriors are right in the mix in region 5 1A.

Last year Marco Dailey was Mr football in 1a and deservingly so. At the end of a 11 games last Marco stats were as follows

rushing 1961 yds td's 25 passing 700 yds 9 td's total yds 2661 total td's 34

Josh Blake stats last year after 11 games were

rushing 908 yds 11 td's passing 1810 yd's 25 td's total yds 2718 total td's 36 Josh also played defense almost every snap last year

and was our second leading tackler I believe Marco only played offense.

Blake was ahead of Marco after 11 games in total yds and in td's Marco averaged 10 yds a carry last year and at this point this year Josh is averaging 10.8 yd's a carry. Marco went on to play 3 more games and was named Mr football and as I said deservingly so. I make this point to say that Josh was leading the state in total yards and td's at the end of regular season last year and after the first round games of the playoffs. This year I believe Josh is l

leading the state again in total yds and td's after 8 games.

Joshua's stats are a little down from last year because he has not played in the second half very much in 5 or 6 of these games.

Some may question the caliber of competion that he has played against. Grace has played three 2a teams this year and they have to play the the number one defensive team in single A in South Pitt at the end of the year who may be in the top 5 in the state over all.

Josh was an Tenn coaches association allstate selection last year and an Chattnooga all preps selection last year as a defensive back.

David Jones and Josh Blake were the only two single A players selected on the TN Varsity.com top 75 players in the state on Rivals.

Also when you compare David Jones rushing stats he has 80 carries for 662yds at 8.3yds per carry with 15td's Josh Blake's rushing stats are 79 carries for 850yds at 10.8yds per carry for 11td's not including his passing stats which were 1303yds passing and 23 passing td's

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />