Class 4A Mr. Football Official Ballot

CoachT

4A Back: Eric Gordon. Hillsboro.

Unbelievable player. Whether its WR/CB/RB/PR/KR, he is always making plays. More importantly, plays his best in big games; great TD catches against Franklin and took over the game against MBA (in which the difference was a blocked field goal return on MBA's behalf). If the HC fans want to pull the rivals card, so will I: 4-star recruit, #14 CB in the nation. In addition, offers from EVERY SEC powerhouse (pretty sure every sec team for that matter), Oklahoma, Miami, Texas Tech, Clemson, Michigan, UNC, Colorado, Louisville, etc. (the last few were probably unnecessary).

A lineman that should be on the ballot is Romario Cathey from Maplewood. An excellent player that anchors the Maplewood defense. Has a number of D1 offers, as well.

"pull the rivals card"....too funny. For the record...I am not a diehard HC fan at all. Not from Paris, but did watch Teague play against Westview to see what he was all about. Best HS athlete I have seen in a while to be honest and I am the furthest from being a fan...just being honest on my observations and his stats which don't lie. (on average, one out of every 4 times he runs the ball he scores a TD...btw)

To pull another "Rivals card" out, it is even more impressive that Teague has these numbers and has to share the offensive workload with Dominique Allen which Rivals states is the #5 rated fullback in the Country.

A high school offense that has the #36 Best Overall Athlete in the country and the #5 Rated Fullback in the country is pretty impressive to watch IMO.

Not to take anything away from other candidates as they are deserving as well I am sure. Just wanted this in the limelight on how good this guy is and the national attention these two are receiving.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"pull the rivals card" I think our fans are just trying to let people know how good Teague is!!!!! We don't get the paper press that Hillsboro gets. Both players are good. Heck we saw E. Gordon two years ago. He is good! We just think Teague is the BEST!!

If Gordon wins he can go get his trophy while The Big Red practices for Maryville!!

well lets just say HC is well-reperesented on this site, therefore i was making sure Gordon didnt get lost amongst all the Teague comments. as for the maryville comment, theres familiar team from middle tn that may have something to say about that...

Justin Smith of Maryville deserves to be a lineman candidate.

Dittoe on Justin Smith..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> .....Eye would like two nommiate Chris Jordan as a WR/DB/KR..... Last Friday agin South Doil.....Jordan ran back the opening kickoff 95 yards for a TD....Intercepted 2 passes and returned one for a TD and set up another TD with the other pick.....and caught 1 TD pass...Just a typical Jordan night......Has a 4 point plus GPA....Has been offered by the Air Force Academy....among others....

Bradley Davenport QB #4 Sullivan South high School

This Year

1037 Yards passing @63%, 14 passing touch downs, passer rating is about the highest in the area 121.8 QB rating

676 yards rushing w/ a 8.5 yard per carry average, 9 rushing touchdowns

39.7 yard Punting average

These stats are w/ only 3 games played past the 2nd quarter, played only a half most of the year.

His ability to read defenses and check off at the line of scrimmage are something else as well as his maturity beyond his years. A Christian role model for all.

ALL PLAYERS MENTIONED ARE FROM RHEA COUNTY

Defensive lineman Joey England

I believe Joey is a senior 5'9 245 plays nose guard , tackle and defensive end.

I looked on a website I think it says he has 50+ tackles 5 sacks for -33 yards a fumble recovery through 8 games

Joey also has a blocked fg and pat

According to the website he is 8th in the state in sacks and 9th in the state in tackles as a DL

Joey has a motor and had a 13 tackle effort in a game this year that is pretty stout for a lineman

Offensive lineman Josh Walker should be considered a candidate

Josh is a 6'5 295 senior he is very aggressive and hasn't missed a start in two years. Josh has also committed to MTSU.

Running Back Jacob Moffet should be considered a candidate

I believe Jacob is a senior he is 5'10 I think around 160

25 rec 237 yards 3 td's

113 carries 741 yards 7 td's

Jacob is coming off of a serious knee injury he sustained in the last game of the season last year

he is rhea county's work horse he is a tough kid that can run it inside or bounce outside for someone that

had a major injury he still has the speed to make a big play and run away from defenses

Josh Davis Punter/Kicker

His stats have been posted on this thread so I will let them speak for him

What about that lineman who is going to Tennessee?

Kevin Revis. Sr #52. I'm not sure about his exact size but I believe he is about 6' 3" and 265. He would have been a serious threat to the Lineman of the Year, but he was sidelined with a dislocated elbow during a game early in the season. He missed a handful of games. He is still committed to UT as far as I know. Off the field Kevin is great young man. He is an A student. I'm pretty sure he is in the top 25 in the Class of '09 out of approx 300 classmates. His ACT score is also above average for an athlete. Very respectable young man.

i couldnt agree with you more josh should win it hands down he has been great for years now and for the backs does reciever count?? cuz if so aj brown should win it no doubt he has carried rhea through this whole year he can do it all as you have seen return punts kicks catchs anything that comes his way o yea he also threw for a touchdown this year he could probably coach the team and play center if they let em he should win easy

Sorry, Randy. But I dont see AJ gettin the invite. He is an outstanding WR/KR/PR/FS. His ability is amazing. He has been very exciting to watch the past couple years. Watching him play basketball has also been great. I hated to see him get hurt on the opening kickoff at RB, and again in the first half. I hope he is better by Week 11.