2009-2012 Football Classifications set

MOTO24

Guest Advisor

Read tssaa's website. It is as I posted. You can move up from 1a to 2a...3a to 4a...or 5a to 6a for the regular season and the playoffs. Effectively...it is no move for the regular season...since those classes are together in the regular season anyway.

Click on this link and read the 1st line.

http://www.tssaa.org/Classifications/2009Classes.htm

Well Antwan, according to that website you are correct.......the info I was referring to was on a Middle TN radio station this afternoon with an interview of a TSSAA official, however, he looks to be mistaken, nonetheless, the only 3 that chose to move up in D-I was West Creek, Northeast, and Mitchell which is understandable for all 3. West Creek will be in what we call "old district 10" which is Clarksville High, Northeast, Northwest, Kenwood, Rossview, Dickson County, Henry County, and "possibly" Springfield.....but again that will be decided on Nov. 13th. It makes sense for all 3, Northeast has always competed against these schools in not only football but in every other sport, and since West Creek is new, why travel 60 miles for a beating when you can get most of them 15 minutes from their pretty new campus. Mitchell obviously made a financial decision since now they will be competing with Germantown, Melrose, Millington and a couple others that have a large following of fans to help their gates...........Page nearly did the same thing in Williamson County however, after a vote by the coaches, that move failed! Good posts Antwan!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out the link: http://www.tssaa.org/Classifications/2009Classes.htm

Do you like the new alignment? Does this help or hurt your school? Who will be the favorites next year and years to come?

Hate it!!!! Dyer County has to move from 3A to 5A. They will not be able to play with schools twice their size. This was the kiss of death for Dyer County. Thank you TSSAA and Mr. Carter. You have found a way to mess us up again. The traveling will be awful. We will be 2:00am. getting home from some games. This is unexceptable in my opinion. I think it would be best if Dyer County went independent, and forget about the playoffs.

Guest Advisor

Hate it!!!! Dyer County has to move from 3A to 5A. They will not be able to play with schools twice their size. This was the kiss of death for Dyer County. Thank you TSSAA and Mr. Carter. You have found a way to mess us up again. The traveling will be awful. We will be 2:00am. getting home from some games. This is unexceptable in my opinion. I think it would be best if Dyer County went independent, and forget about the playoffs.

DCfan74, your middle school won the West TN Championship last year and was eliminated last night in the semi-finals..........your school has grown, your program is getting MUCH better.........plus you have the best roads in the state which to travel. Name 1 school that will be in you region that's over 90 miles from you. Just one.........in your post season play...........your enrollment is 1090.........and the biggest 5A school.......Walker Valley has 1459..........who by the way you will never play! What's the big deal.........? As a matter of fact........over the years it appears you have been misinformed...............where I live........one of the most exciting things about high school football is traveling to other schools and their communities.........nothing tops beating your opponent in their house. There is a whole lot bigger up side to the Choctaws playing 5A!

Well Antwan, according to that website you are correct.......the info I was referring to was on a Middle TN radio station this afternoon with an interview of a TSSAA official, however, he looks to be mistaken, nonetheless, the only 3 that chose to move up in D-I was West Creek, Northeast, and Mitchell which is understandable for all 3. West Creek will be in what we call "old district 10" which is Clarksville High, Northeast, Northwest, Kenwood, Rossview, Dickson County, Henry County, and "possibly" Springfield.....but again that will be decided on Nov. 13th. It makes sense for all 3, Northeast has always competed against these schools in not only football but in every other sport, and since West Creek is new, why travel 60 miles for a beating when you can get most of them 15 minutes from their pretty new campus. Mitchell obviously made a financial decision since now they will be competing with Germantown, Melrose, Millington and a couple others that have a large following of fans to help their gates...........Page nearly did the same thing in Williamson County however, after a vote by the coaches, that move failed! Good posts Antwan!

Thanks...I think a lot of people are confused...including newspapers. I didn't know it until I read it on the tssaa site.

Why do you hate the new classifications? I mean seriously, look at all the advantages of getting to play not only other schools but being able to travel to different places and play. Maybe one of the new teams you will play has better nachos at the concession stand /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> or just maybe you get to see better competition. Just remember the other teams have to travel as well. So quit whining.

If SP wasnt dominating their 1A competition right now this wouldnt be an issue but if they really are that loaded and if their younger players and middle schoolers are that good it seems like that may enjoy the level of play at 2A. There will still be some terrible teams in 2A but with Signal Montain and Boyd in 2A a championship would at least look better...killing everyone in 1A will only make more people wonder why they wouldnt move up if they had a chance.

SP fans...ohter small schools have played up many times including Goodpasture playing 2A with 1A enrollment, Brentwood Acadamy, Ensworth playing in the larger private division, Boyd scheduling teams like Baylor, Red Bank, Rhea Co, East Ridge, Cookville...not saying SP should play up but they should schedule tougher teams out of region.

Having said all that I think Boyd will be a great tema in 2A.

Look, they only have 3 open dates in the schedule due to the current line up and play Jasper which is the oldest rivalry in the state and is a County thing and Boyd and Tyner. The future system will allow more possibilities there. However, SP is one of the smallest public schools in TN with a football team. In fact, there are only 10 or 12 public schools smaller than them with a team. Your examples are of private schools playing up and some of them recruit in a major way (Brentwood Acad.) all though Jasper beat them in the finals in AA in the early 90s. SP don't have to move up to play the bigger schools in the regular season. Where it can be a disadvantage is in the play-offs on a year in year out basis. The only thing better than a good little team is a good big team like Alcoa who has 2x the players. Trousdale moved up to 3A voluntarily for a while and they reached the ceiling at the semi-finals which they made twice, and I think based on their program as the winning-est school in 1A currently, that is a good indicator of the end results. So why should a team take themselves out of contention for a state title? There is a reason the classification system was put in place based on school enrollment.

There is no reason for any team, even SP, to move to a higher class than what their enrollment dictates.

SP only has around 250 students. The highest in 1A next year will have over 380. Competition is not a good reason why they should play up.

That's like saying 2A Alcoa should've been playing in 4A for competition. Because they haven't really gotten it from 2A or 3A schools.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> That is a very sensible post.

You pretty much nailed it. If SP moves up, down, sideways, it won't matter to some. TC goes

thru the same bs on a regular basis. TC has played in 1A, 2A, 3A, and some still gripe about it.

Play wherever you dang well please if enrollment dictates. Can't please everybody, especially

the folks who aren't doing well in competition.

See ya later, perhaps. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Amen on the post and on the possible 6th meeting!

from what I see, this IS the end of region 4-1A as we know it. From what I see, Trousdale, Watertown, and FC will all be competing in 2A next year? Is this correct?

Heres the teams that will probably be in our district

CLASS A District 4

1a-RBS

1a-GV

1a-Monterey

1a-Clay County

2a-FCS

2a-H2O

2a-TC

2a-Jackson County

This is 1 possible district in Class A

Heres the teams that will probably be in our district

CLASS A District 4

1a-RBS

1a-GV

1a-Monterey

1a-Clay County

2a-FCS

2a-H2O

2a-TC

2a-Jackson County

This is 1 possible district in Class A

That looks about right for one region, but when will Pickett Co be joining. Next year is their 3rd year.