Hickman Vs East Hickman Revisited

dawgballfan

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shut your mouth! If you have a problem with our program see "ME" in person and do not post this garbage on a pubic forum again!

Matt Jones

Head Football Coach

East Hickman High School

If this is really a football coach you need to stop looking at coach-T shut your mouth and get ready for Lewis Co. This is a public board people can say what they want if you dont like it dont get on here and read this stuff.

coach, let me just say that i was at the game on Friday night and thought your kids played hard on every down, both offensively and defensively....they showed great sportsmanship and never gave up....you and your fellow coaches should be very proud of them....I am satisfied that you as coaches knew that you were in for an uphill battle for a few years in trying to develop a competitive team....in the same token I am sure that you guys knew that there would ALWAYS BE a negative segment in your fan base....whether you are winning or losing, it doesn't seem to matter to some....they are gonna gripe regardless....it seems to me that the worst possible thing you as a coach could do is to allow common tools, like myself, to begin getting to you....all that you are going to accomplish by coming on this board is to allow your negative fans to KNOW that they are getting under your and maybe your fellow coaches skin....I can assure you that I know very little about the detailed issues of football and I will bet you that most of the folks who are dogging you are in the same boat....it is easy to coach from the stands or behind an anonymous name sitting at a keyboard....I know your intent is to stand up for your team and I can appreciate that and I am sure your team does as well.....but, I am afraid that all you are doing is throwing gas on the fire....nevertheless, I wish you guys the very best in the future....your winning seasons are coming

Very good post. The second guessing "fan" will NEVER be an asset to the program. It's okay to disagree with the coach, but when you anounce it to the world it is counter productive to the cause. I like the idea of the coach stating his peace. Now I would advise them to leave the site for a while as not to get consumed with the nasayers. There will always be "fans" second guessing the coach. Coach Sharp has several who thinks he doesn't get the most of his team and all he does is win. Keep you heads up and stay the course and it will work out.

I don't know if these guy's are really coaches at east or not, but I do know that they surely are not the first coaches to read or even post on a CoachT thread. So I guess if this is a public forum then they have the same right to post as anyone else.

I imagine that they are frustrated with their situation and venting a bit. I know from sitting in the stands on Friday and being in the community overall that these men have fought an uphill battle from day one with very little support from the fan base and the parents overall.

It is one thing to question the X's and O's, anyone who buys a ticket or watches a game on tv does that, but when you make accusations that the coaches are putting players in harms way........... Then you have crossed a line. Football is a contact sport and players will and do get hurt. It is not like they can play platoon football with their numbers. A lot of those kids play both ways. Ironman football is tough and those kids play tough. I don't know too many coaches that replace their starters in a losing effort, I respect those kids and coaches that have kept fighting through the adversity. Maybe someday our community as a whole will quit trying to undermine their efforts.

Think about the tone of a few of the threads coming out of Hickman Co......... lets trash a coach who is trying to get a program off the ground, and another who only has two losses- to two of the top programs around, because he doesn't run the Wing t......sounds crazy doesn't it?

I don't know if these guy's are really coaches at east or not, but I do know that they surely are not the first coaches to read or even post on a CoachT thread. So I guess if this is a public forum then they have the same right to post as anyone else.

I imagine that they are frustrated with their situation and venting a bit. I know from sitting in the stands on Friday and being in the community overall that these men have fought an uphill battle from day one with very little support from the fan base and the parents overall.

It is one thing to question the X's and O's, anyone who buys a ticket or watches a game on tv does that, but when you make accusations that the coaches are putting players in harms way........... Then you have crossed a line. Football is a contact sport and players will and do get hurt. It is not like they can play platoon football with their numbers. A lot of those kids play both ways. Ironman football is tough and those kids play tough. I don't know too many coaches that replace their starters in a losing effort, I respect those kids and coaches that have kept fighting through the adversity. Maybe someday our community as a whole will quit trying to undermine their efforts.

Great post EastAdvocate. I agree with you 100%. Best of luck against the Kittens on Thursday night.

Coaches have the right to post. It's just not very smart and often counter-productive. I guarantee that they are frustrated but this is not the place to vent. And I agree that they have fought an uphill battle with little support.

But hasn't this pretty much been a counter productive thread from the beginning? I mean, what's really been accomplished?

East's coaching staff knew exactly what they were getting into starting a program from the ground up. They went in with their eyes wide open. Not sure about the fans. As I've said before, I like how East's players go about their business. If the scoreboard wasn't on and you walked up to the field, you wouldn't know at first glance if the Eagles were ahead or behind in the game whether you walked up in the 1st quarter or the 4th. They are taking their lumps and learning life lessons imo that will pay dividends for them much further down the road.

As far as the Hickman County fans go, it's part of the rivalry. Believe me, those guys have been on every rung of the ladder from the top down to the bottom over the years. I'm willing to give them a little lattitude when it comes to crowing about their most recent success, particularly the students, but.........let's act like we've been there before. Beating down a 1-8 team on a message board just because you can is not going to pay any dividends down the road.

Keep things in perspective. Let's let this thread die.

But hasn't this pretty much been a counter productive thread from the beginning? I mean, what's really been accomplished?

East's coaching staff knew exactly what they were getting into starting a program from the ground up. They went in with their eyes wide open. Not sure about the fans. As I've said before, I like how East's players go about their business. If the scoreboard wasn't on and you walked up to the field, you wouldn't know at first glance if the Eagles were ahead or behind in the game whether you walked up in the 1st quarter or the 4th. They are taking their lumps and learning life lessons imo that will pay dividends for them much further down the road.

As far as the Hickman County fans go, it's part of the rivalry. Believe me, those guys have been on every rung of the ladder from the top down to the bottom over the years. I'm willing to give them a little lattitude when it comes to crowing about their most recent success, particularly the students, but.........let's act like we've been there before. Beating down a 1-8 team on a message board just because you can is not going to pay any dividends down the road.

Keep things in perspective. Let's let this thread die.

The point of the thread was to discuss the game. Then East fans started dogging out their own coaching staff. Then the coaching staff (supposedly) posted a defensive and ill-advised message. How is that anything like HC "beating down a 1-8 team"? Weren't you the guy that posted the icon 'eating popcorn' just a short while ago? Now you are trying to play Thread Police?

Shut your mouth! If you have a problem with our program see "ME" in person and do not post this garbage on a pubic forum again!

Matt Jones

Head Football Coach

East Hickman High School

whoever you are....I hope coach Jones is able to figure out what your true identity is....shame on you for coming on here and pretending that you are someone else, let alone a coach....there is no way that a coach would come on this site and make comments like this....I don't know coach Jones, but I am sure he has far more to do than waste his time with the rest of us on CoachT....I understand a coach wanting to stand up for his team, but no coach in his right mind would even acknowledge all the nay-sayers on here...any coach worth his salt would expect this type of talk year in and year out, winning or losing....Im sure that Coach Jones has been in this business long enough to have developed a backbone and thick skin....if it only takes foolish talk like this to get a head coach all riled up, then he won't be around very long....its just part of the business.... I agree with the others, it is a public forum and if a coach wants to post he has every right to....but how in the world could it possibly benefit him and his team?

The point of the thread was to discuss the game. Then East fans started dogging out their own coaching staff. Then the coaching staff (supposedly) posted a defensive and ill-advised message. How is that anything like HC "beating down a 1-8 team"? Weren't you the guy that posted the icon 'eating popcorn' just a short while ago? Now you are trying to play Thread Police?

If the point of the thread was to discuss the game................the game's over. Hickman's got another one this week as does East. Talk about those. If it's not about a beat down or oneupmanship.............why are you still hanging around?

How can they miss you BigDawg, if you won't go away? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />