THE EAST TN RIVALRY

ArtVandalay

The 86th All-Time meeting will take place on Oct. 31 and the #1 Seed from Region 1 5A is on the line. It's been a few years since this game has actually had major importance... this is an important game, no doubt about it.

DB holds the seires advantage 57-23-5. 24-6 in the last 30 meeting, dating back to 1977.

Graham Clark and the Indians are 15-1 vs the Hill Toppers since 1993, re-classification. The Indians own a 14 game win streak in the series. The longest streak by either team in a series that dates back to 1921.

DB has a 25-13-2 record in games played in Johnson City. Graham Clarks' Indians are 6-1 in JC and have won 6 in a row on the road in this series. The Hill Toppers last victory against DB goes back to Nov. 4, 1994... a 14-7 win in JC.

Looking forward to a good old fashioned rivalry week.

Roll Tribe Roll

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like Smith has done a good job for SH. This will be his biggest game ever for the Hill Toppers.

RTR

Really seems like the same think DB is the team to beat and after they play a real team they are gone. Let them play Farragut or any other 5a team. Looks like a 1 and out again for DB. How long can you live on rep playing up in who's brother/daddy Tennessee. Just hopefully they are voting for McCain.

Let them play Farragut or any other 5a team. Just hopefully they are voting for McCain.

Last Time I checked they have been playing 5a teams all season and some pretty good 3-4 loss teams at that.

One & Done who cares, Loved or Hated but never Ignored!!!!!!

Look for a good game on Halloween, Im guessing GC has a few tricks up his sleeve

GC always has a few tricks up his sleeve, but so does Smith. Just depends on coaching. Coach Smith has got SH playing pretty well and at 7-2, the Toppers are holding up their end of the hype for this game. Can't wait for this one. Too close to call right now, but I'd like to say that Coach Smith has done a very good job this year and the guys are playing very well. Good job to the staff and the players regardless of what happens.

Good job to the staff and the players regardless of what happens.

Both teams have met & exceeded expectations this year, Now its time to Put up or Shut UP

I like the match ups @ QB, RB, Receiver, with both teams/// Ashlon ought to have some extra motivation

Could it Come down to Special Teams?

Sylvester should be back @ about 90% from observations earlier in the week

RTR

denlron has a big head because his Ooltewah Owls beat Farragut and that was impressive. But, what he does not know (by buying into the whole DB chokes in the 1st round lie), that since 2000 DB has only 2 first round losses, as does Ooltewah, (wow did you not just call out DB for the same thing, better check your stats before you sling mud there_). However denlron, DB made the playoff every year since 2000 (actually since 92), which before that DB kills the Owls in playoff appearences) and Ooltewah did not (because Ooltewah first showed in 200 playoffs). So it looks like to me, you called out DB, but your Owls have done worse. Pretty funny. You should do some research. And further DB has 2 semis games since 2000 as does Ooltewah, but DB has 3 quarter appearances, your owls have none. So basically since 2000, DB owns you in the playoffs, look it up. Also, Ooltewah has about 200-300 more students during this time. Sorry, you lose

denlron has a big head because his Ooltewah Owls beat Farragut and that was impressive. But, what he does not know (by buying into the whole DB chokes in the 1st round lie), that since 2000 DB has only 2 first round losses, as does Ooltewah, (wow did you not just call out DB for the same thing, better check your stats before you sling mud there_). However denlron, DB made the playoff every year since 2000 (actually since 92), which before that DB kills the Owls in playoff appearences) and Ooltewah did not (because Ooltewah first showed in 200 playoffs). So it looks like to me, you called out DB, but your Owls have done worse. Pretty funny. You should do some research. And further DB has 2 semis games since 2000 as does Ooltewah, but DB has 3 quarter appearances, your owls have none. So basically since 2000, DB owns you in the playoffs, look it up. Also, Ooltewah has about 200-300 more students during this time. Sorry, you lose

Wonder if we'll be seeing Mr. Ooltewah around anytime soon? I think you may have shut him up until spring practice /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Both teams have met & exceeded expectations this year, Now its time to Put up or Shut UP

I like the match ups @ QB, RB, Receiver, with both teams/// Ashlon ought to have some extra motivation

Could it Come down to Special Teams?

Sylvester should be back @ about 90% from observations earlier in the week

RTR

Most definitely time to put up or shut up. DB is DB, and they'll always come to play. The Toppers have made much improvement from last season, and I can't wait for this one. I hope the Toppers pull it out. It will be a hard fought game and both teams have accomplished alot this season. I can't even pick this one yet. I'll wait on that.

The last time the DB vs SH game had this much riding on it was back 2003. Both teams entered the game with identical 8-1 records, both team were 5-1 in the Region and the #1 Seed was on the line... and it was also being played on Halloween Night.

A massive crowd showed up at J. Fred Johnson Stadium that night, the game was televised on cable and it had all the hype of a local Super Bowl. The great game never materialized as the Indians rolled to a 41-13 victory.

Roll Tribe Roll

Really seems like the same think DB is the team to beat and after they play a real team they are gone. Let them play Farragut or any other 5a team. Looks like a 1 and out again for DB. How long can you live on rep playing up in who's brother/daddy Tennessee. Just hopefully they are voting for McCain.

Not only did bud make you look like a fool, your post makes no sinse. What does "playing up in who's brother/daddy Tennessee" mean? Please tell me you were drunk when you posted this. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />