THE EAST TN RIVALRY

ArtVandalay

I have enjoyed reading the posts, etc and while I follow SHHS sports and attend games I don't have the inside scoop or close knowledge to post often. I can post on what I have witnessed from game to game and I do believe there is some physical improvement in this years team, but most importantly I agree with you that the mentality is different.

Last year there was a lot of posts regarding what SHHS was going to do and it backfired. Asking too much too soon on a team trying to adjust to a new coach and philosophy. (just look at what an offensive coordinator has done to a team in Knoxville) There was a division last year between the players but to what extent you would know best as you were there. One thing we as the Topper Nation don't have this year is some parents using Coach T to promote their sons thus creating more division. The players do read Coach T and I for one appreciate the fact that there is not any self promotion going on and more of a total team type of discussion from you and others. Sure there are play makers that will get more press time than others but so far this season many players have gotten some recognition for their contributions.

Looking forward to a good game tonight and we will all get to watch it without the aid of ponchos and umbrellas!

Go Toppers and best of luck to the Indians....next week

Topper,

I understand where you are coming from. I'm glad that there are still some people who support the team through the good and bad. The "Toppers" that I am referring to are a bunch of "fans" who can't take it when someone offers up some criticism of the team, and feel that they must publically berate someone who is simply being a realist and not making the team out to be the Tennessee Titans. That aside, good luck to all and hope that this is a good one! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DB lost to Brentwood in the Volleyball semifinals. Thought I would get on here and post it before Ron Bliss aka tricitiessportsfan did /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

w1ldcat, drop it. It's more annoying than anything else. What will it take, me posting my picture, real name, and social security #? I don't care if it's all in fun, I'll talk football with you, but quit with the Ron Bliss stuff. Obviously you've ruffled my feathers now. Happy?

You and I both know I don't post in a joking manner often, if ever. Other Dobyns Bennett posters know that as well. I can't tell if you’re joking half the time, it's an emotionless board. I'm a serious person, some would say too serious at times. As plowboy2 said, I'm a by the book and stats kind of guy. I know that doesn't mix well with guys like yourself, and I realize I should lighten up, but right now I don't want to. Fair enough?

By the way, the Lady Indians lost to Brentwood 3-1, 25-22, 25-23, 21-25, 25-16, in the State Semi-Finals. Great season ladies, you've made us proud. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

My prediction:

Dobyns Bennett 31

Science Hill 14

Sorry, I usually type 'art' when i reply/post to you. yes we know each other. i thought you knew that. now that i know you don't know who i am, this could be fun. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

No prob... Happy Anniversary with CoachT

Roll Tribe Roll

Senior Night for the Toppers, but Dobyns-Bennett prevailed 10-6. Good job to the Indians. Chris Sensabaugh is very talented, and Jamie Crawford, Joe Duran, and Derrick Steele all had standout efforts. Toppers, it has been a great season, and you have accomplished so much. Isaac Kinley, your last game at home as a Topper, and you came to play. Unfortunately, we didn't have enough at the end. The big play was there, we had the TD, and the DB defensive back just made a big time play. Jeff Green, Caleb Mancuso, Armando Canepa, Ryan Mitchell, all fantastic efforts. Moses Green, you came to play. Skylar Dejesus, kept us in it with that clutch catch. We've still got some things to accomplish, so take care of business in practice next week, and lets prepare for the Admirals.

Great game by both teams. Check out the stats and you'll see just how even the two teams were. It all came down to one play in the final minute. Not to take anything away from the other players but Derrick Steel was the star of this game. One fumble recovery, intercepted a pass, blocked a extra point attempt, and broke up what would of been the game winning pass for Science Hill in the end zone in the last minute.

Seemed like the typical pattern the Tribe has fallen into against SH (and to a large extent late in the season period) the last few years--the offense sputters and the defense guts it out. To be fair to the offense though a lot of their problem was that they simply didn't have the ball a lot after the first quarter, and SH did a good job of grinding out drives even if they didn't get in the end zone. The SH QB is about as shifty a player as you'll see, and that scheme they run with their backs criscrossing and the QB either handing off for a sweep or keeping up the middle is tough to defend. I thought we should have called a timeout to get organized before the fake punt as it was obvious a fake was very possible if not likely, but other than that I couldn't find much to complain about. Gotta give the Toppers credit for coming to play. And as is usually the case this time of year lately, the Indians will need to step up their level of play if they're going to win more than one game in the playoffs.

Senior Night for the Toppers, but Dobyns-Bennett prevailed 10-6. Good job to the Indians. Chris Sensabaugh is very talented, and Jamie Crawford, Joe Duran, and Derrick Steele all had standout efforts. Toppers, it has been a great season, and you have accomplished so much. Isaac Kinley, your last game at home as a Topper, and you came to play. Unfortunately, we didn't have enough at the end. The big play was there, we had the TD, and the DB defensive back just made a big time play. Jeff Green, Caleb Mancuso, Armando Canepa, Ryan Mitchell, all fantastic efforts. Moses Green, you came to play. Skylar Dejesus, kept us in it with that clutch catch. We've still got some things to accomplish, so take care of business in practice next week, and lets prepare for the Admirals.

Good job by Coach Smith and Coach Overbay. Great effort by the TEAM. Best of luck to the Indians. Lets go get the Admirals.