Greeneville @ Crockett...?

DevilMan03

Crockett is going to play hard, but the Devils should be fine. These kind of distractions can have an impact on the game. Sometimes things like this can cause a team to draw even closer as a team to accomplish a goal.

I'm thinkin' Trevon has a 400 yd night and the Devil D rocks the house. Greeneville takes this one in a ground-pounding halloween horror 42-6

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG, please spare me the boo hoo, sobbing mush. This is not an issue of underage drinking. This is an issue of an out of control thug. And the epistle prior to the above post! I'm very proud of you for sticking with him Charlie. If you need to go to Knoxville, yes, Jordan will drop what he's doing and go with you...as long as there is beer in the car and you stop on the way to break someone's jaw or knock their teeth out. You stay with him, son, and maybe the two of you can share a cell if you live. By the way, it IS a flaw in character, not just bad decision making skills. When you make bad decisions over and over and over and over, it becomes your character. I full well know what he's been through the past few years. Many humans have suffered as much and more adversity in their lives and they have risen above it. No more excuses and feeling sorry for him.

I am by no means trying to excuse his actions. I am just as disappointed as everyone else who is close to him. Your statement of me ending up in a jail cell or even possibly losing my life is a little out of line. It is possible to stand beside someone and still be able to step away when you know disaster is inevitable. I can offer my help, but that is all. Put yourself in his shoes. How would you feel at 18 and everyone had abondon you when you needed them the most? This story is alot like the poem "Footprints in the Sand" in a way, or maybe thats just a productive way of looking at it. But I believe you have misconstrued my statement of him coming to Knoxville if I needed him to. I am a student at Tennessee and I have family up here as well. I was referring to him coming to my side in case of a trajedy just as I have for him during his hard times. I wasnt implimenting any kind mischief as you seem to have thought that I was. I was putting his compassion and loyalty on display. I can see where the opinions of special treatment, needing to focus on getting his life straightend out therefore sports should be the last of his concerns, and whether or not he would have even been given these chances if he wasnt such a standout athlete branch from. Regaurdless...this is what he makes of it, he can learn from it and grow as a person or just stand by and allow it to become another chapter in his trajedy filled saga. It's hard to cast a friend away, I understand your stance Gdevil, but try to understand mine. If those who try to straighten him out are insulted around every turn then they will disappear more so than they already are at this stage of the game. All I can offer from a few counties over is my support. I'm not making excuses, but I do feel sorry for Jordan, and regret that he has put himself in this situation. Not only as a friend, but as a team-mate, fan, and most importantly as a human being. I agree with Lefty and bballfan thought...silence is what is going to do him the most good. The more attention we draw to him the more he is going to be placed under the microscope of society. I'm sorry for even bringing it up again but I felt a response was needed to further explain to Gdevil...sorry again.

I am by no means trying to excuse his actions. I am just as disappointed as everyone else who is close to him. Your statement of me ending up in a jail cell or even possibly losing my life is a little out of line. It is possible to stand beside someone and still be able to step away when you know disaster is inevitable. I can offer my help, but that is all. Put yourself in his shoes. How would you feel at 18 and everyone had abondon you when you needed them the most? This story is alot like the poem "Footprints in the Sand" in a way, or maybe thats just a productive way of looking at it. But I believe you have misconstrued my statement of him coming to Knoxville if I needed him to. I am a student at Tennessee and I have family up here as well. I was referring to him coming to my side in case of a trajedy just as I have for him during his hard times. I wasnt implimenting any kind mischief as you seem to have thought that I was. I was putting his compassion and loyalty on display. I can see where the opinions of special treatment, needing to focus on getting his life straightend out therefore sports should be the last of his concerns, and whether or not he would have even been given these chances if he wasnt such a standout athlete branch from. Regaurdless...this is what he makes of it, he can learn from it and grow as a person or just stand by and allow it to become another chapter in his trajedy filled saga. It's hard to cast a friend away, I understand your stance Gdevil, but try to understand mine. If those who try to straighten him out are insulted around every turn then they will disappear more so than they already are at this stage of the game. All I can offer from a few counties over is my support. I'm not making excuses, but I do feel sorry for Jordan, and regret that he has put himself in this situation. Not only as a friend, but as a team-mate, fan, and most importantly as a human being. I agree with Lefty and bballfan thought...silence is what is going to do him the most good. The more attention we draw to him the more he is going to be placed under the microscope of society. I'm sorry for even bringing it up again but I felt a response was needed to further explain to Gdevil...sorry again.

Its not that people are abandoning him charlie. they're just tired of having to back him up three or four times a year. i agree he's a great kid and he has been through a lot. but still on the other hand he's gotta be smarter with his choices especially because of what he's been through. and who ever said the statement about him getting more chances because he's a star is right. he has gotten way more chances than anyone else ever would of had. on the other hand though i hope they'll give him one more. and maybe... just maybe he'll realize he's gotta straiten up. not only for him but for his dad especially.

but as for the game this week the devils will be perfectly fine without him. devils win big. hope to have him back for the playoffs though!!!

You mean after his second DUI don't you. Has everyone has forgotten Colquitt got in similar trouble his freshman year?

And Jordan has been in trouble too. I said earlier that one thing I remember is Jordan helping the kid from South this year with the cramp on the field. There have to be consequences to your actions though. I don't know all the background to his prior trouble. Can someone tell us outsiders exactly what happened before?

Please dont mistake this as being rude or mean. but his thread is about Greeneville & Crockett. I dont think any of us would want our life as young people put on display. Most of us made decisions that we wish we had not made.

Go Devils

I hate to break this to you but from the ones of us on the outside looking in??¦Greenway is Greeneville when it comes to this year??™s team. I understand the frustration and anger of this kids actions, but you have to face the facts??¦he has been a VERY BIG factor in the success of the Greendevil team. I??™m afraid you guys are now looking into the ???Jefferson County??? mirror. /sleep.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="-_-" border="0" alt="sleep.gif" />

I hate to break this to you but from the ones of us on the outside looking in??¦Greenway is Greeneville when it comes to this year??™s team. I understand the frustration and anger of this kids actions, but you have to face the facts??¦he has been a VERY BIG factor in the success of the Greendevil team. I??™m afraid you guys are now looking into the ???Jefferson County??? mirror. /sleep.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="-_-" border="0" alt="sleep.gif" />

I completely agree, Cap. We will see you in the quarterfinals at Death Valley or the Stone Castle. That will be determined this Friday /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Best of luck to both teams Friday.

I know it looks like Crockett doesn't have much of a chance in this game but I will say they have been in every game this year at least until half time. They will also have a few guys back this week from injury. Crockett is the last team to beat Greeneville in conference play. I know Greeneville is a completely different team from 2 years ago but I wouldn't look past Crockett as an automatic W.