Greeneville @ Crockett...?

DevilMan03

Not doing more to him last year? I believe he received more than the prescribed punishment for fighting on school property.In addition, he was arrested, plead guilty, and received appropriate corrective intervention. "The Incident"? lets not get carried away. You make it sound like sombody got knifed or something.

As far as his current situation, lets let that play out in the court before we pass judgement on CoachT. I am thankfull he wasn't seriously injured and hope he hasn't let a lapse in judgement ruin his team's playoffs.

Not doing more to him? Are you kidding? Apparently, you don't know the whole story. They haven't done near enough. I'm glad he is ok from the wreck, but enough is enough. Its time to move on without Greenway. He should have been expelled from the Greeneville School System before now. There have been so many instances the public doesn't even know about. I say move on and lets say goodbye to the Greenway era. Good riddance.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not doing more to him? Are you kidding? Apparently, you don't know the whole story. They haven't done near enough. I'm glad he is ok from the wreck, but enough is enough. Its time to move on without Greenway. He should have been expelled from the Greeneville School System before now. There have been so many instances the public doesn't even know about. I say move on and lets say goodbye to the Greenway era. Good riddance.

It seems the kid has some SERIOUS issues he needs to resolve and sports should be the least of his worries at this point. It's sad to see such a talent go to waste. Fortunately, there wasn't anyone else involved in the wreck.

I have stuck by Jordan through thick and thin and I must admit that at times he has made me look like a fool for doing so, but I'm not going to change my stance now. I have never quit anything in my life and I'm not going to start now by bailing on a beloved friend when he needs those who love and care about him the most. Jordan has been through more in the past four years than most people will ever encounter in a lifetime. I believe that all things happen for a reason and that some of the best lessons in life are learned hardest. I'm not sure that lessons have been learned in all of the obstacles he has encountered in his recent years and in my eyes that is the true mistake. BUT...I have been no angel during my teenage years either, and have also experienced a run in with the law that occoured on school grounds in which I was involved in an altercation with another student and it wound up being pretty publicized. The point of this is that I know what it feels like to be in Jordan's shoes, and I also know that you cant believe everything that you read in the paper and you definately cant believe everything that you hear. It's a small town and details are easily added and lost in translation. My foul up was near the end of the of football season, and I know the only thing that kept my sanity was training for the upcoming wrestling season. Without sports I dont know what I would have done to distract myself from the hardship that I brought upon my family and team-mates. What I'm trying to say is...why take his obvious passion away? It's obvious that having free time on his hands is the last thing Jordan needs, or any teenage boy for that matter. Jordan needs football more than football needs Jordan. Whether he gets to play or not is up to the coaching staff, but should he practice, travel, and dress out with the team...in my opinion yes, for his own good, and to keep him in shape for baseball season (hopefully). And for anyone questioning Jordan's character; he has one of the biggest hearts a person could ask for. His compassion and care for his family and friends is unmatched. His character is not what is under question, it is his decision making capabilities. So do not mistake that onlookers by bashing a youngman who is struggling to cope with many hardships that he has encountered during his short life. For many this may be the last straw for Jordan, not for me though. I know that if I called him to drive to Knoxville right now he would be on his way, just as I would be for him. I'm not giving up on you Jordan...and I hope that others are not afraid to make a stand for him as well. I'd hope that my friends and team-mates would back me if I was in his shoes and I'm sure that he feels the same so that is just what I'm going to do.

By the way...if anyone has anything derogatory to say please have enough courage to put your name beside it.

It doesn't matter what part of the story I do or do not know, I at least have the decency not to speak so callously about this young man. An awful lot of kids in this county are guilty of underage drinking. The high school star gets caught and he's a criminal and every yahoo on coacht wants to crucify him... if he had died it would have been a tragedy and they'd be sending prayers. Maybe we should be praying for him anyway...

It doesn't matter what part of the story I do or do not know, I at least have the decency not to speak so callously about this young man. An awful lot of kids in this county are guilty of underage drinking. The high school star gets caught and he's a criminal and every yahoo on coacht wants to crucify him... if he had died it would have been a tragedy and they'd be sending prayers. Maybe we should be praying for him anyway...

OMG, please spare me the boo hoo, sobbing mush. This is not an issue of underage drinking. This is an issue of an out of control thug. And the epistle prior to the above post! I'm very proud of you for sticking with him Charlie. If you need to go to Knoxville, yes, Jordan will drop what he's doing and go with you...as long as there is beer in the car and you stop on the way to break someone's jaw or knock their teeth out. You stay with him, son, and maybe the two of you can share a cell if you live. By the way, it IS a flaw in character, not just bad decision making skills. When you make bad decisions over and over and over and over, it becomes your character. I full well know what he's been through the past few years. Many humans have suffered as much and more adversity in their lives and they have risen above it. No more excuses and feeling sorry for him.

A one time deal should not be a ban for life, but there is a term for this type of behavior....Habitual Offender. Playing football is a privilege, not a right. There should only be one set of rules, not one for the star of the team and another set for the reserves. If he had been a second team tackle would he have gotten so many breaks? GVille has done more harm than good allowing him to be a part of the team this long. IMO his "get out of jail free" card has expired.

Sincerely hope he gets his life straightened out, tremendous waste of talent.

A one time deal should not be a ban for life, but there is a term for this type of behavior....Habitual Offender. Playing football is a privilege, not a right. There should only be one set of rules, not one for the star of the team and another set for the reserves. If he had been a second team tackle would he have gotten so many breaks? GVille has done more harm than good allowing him to be a part of the team this long. IMO his "get out of jail free" card has expired.

Sincerely hope he gets his life straightened out, tremendous waste of talent.

Is it safe to say there are no parents? Was he driving?

OMG, please spare me the boo hoo, sobbing mush. This is not an issue of underage drinking. This is an issue of an out of control thug. And the epistle prior to the above post! I'm very proud of you for sticking with him Charlie. If you need to go to Knoxville, yes, Jordan will drop what he's doing and go with you...as long as there is beer in the car and you stop on the way to break someone's jaw or knock their teeth out. You stay with him, son, and maybe the two of you can share a cell if you live. By the way, it IS a flaw in character, not just bad decision making skills. When you make bad decisions over and over and over and over, it becomes your character. I full well know what he's been through the past few years. Many humans have suffered as much and more adversity in their lives and they have risen above it. No more excuses and feeling sorry for him.

Gdevil,

Luke 6:31 "Treat others the same way you want them to treat you."

1 PETER 2:15 "For God wants you to silence the ignorant talk of foolish people by the good things you do."

Why have you filled your heart and mind with such hate for Jordan? It's time for you to be silent and do something good!! Pray for him and don't bad mouth anybody! Amen

Is it safe to say there are no parents? Was he driving?

He lost his older brother and mother in 2007, within about 7 months of each other. His dad is doing the best he can, I'm sure and yes, he was driving a motorcycle and he was the only one injured thankfully.

Now, can we get back on topic? How does everyone see Friday's game working out?