Camden at Waverly

papatiger

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't know if u know the rules or not, but the rules states that if a defensive and offensive player both come down with the ball on a path, the catch automatically goes to the offenses, look it up /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I know the rules and you are correct, but camden had possion, all the waverly reciever done was put his hand on the ball, he did not have possion

How can you say you deserved the win if you had a bunch of turnovers and Camden didn't? That's like saying if the rules were different you would have won. Kudos for the effort but you can't win football games when you turn the ball over.

So true, you have to take of the ball, a good team will make you pay for mistakes /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well all I can say, if you think that Camden is a lot better than Waverly then I know you don't know what you are talking about. If you were there, you saw it. Camden is better but only slightly and it showed tonight. Look again at the total yards. That's not a mistake. If you were there, you saw the int's. No one around, no pressure, just mistakes by our qb and reciever. But our qb lit up the Camden defense especially the second half. He was 24-39 for the game for 267 yards. 214 yards in second half.

As we've heard from you all year about it being the "worst game the Tigers played all season"...well guess what? This was the Lion's worst game all season bar none. Came out flat, stayed flat...still made the plays necessary and still won. The Tigers are a good football team, I don't think anyone is disputing that, but if you think the Tigers got Camden's "A" game you are living in a dream world. The Tigers exposed some weaknesses that the Lions will have to get fixed before next week and that's a good thing for us.

As far as the onside kick...I was sitting right in front of the play and called the touch even before the refs did. It was touched when it bounced, only about 4 yards from the line of scrimmage. It was a great kick, just the way an onside kick needs to placed. The officiating was horrible both ways, but they did get that one call right.

I know there were several Camden fans standing, but I saw a lot of empty bleachers on Camden's side too!!!! I made the comment on the radio that I was surprised about empty seats being there. And it was a great crowd for Waverly tonight for a very competitive game, that no one can hold their head down about. Camden gave it their all as did Waverly and it showed. Camden is better but only slightly.

Maybe during halftime you saw empty bleachers /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> All of the extra bleachers were full, the regular bleachers were full and there were probably 200-300 people standing. Maybe if we had switched sides both the home and visitor stands would have been full. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" I work in Waverly and did not talk to one person who planned on going to the game...I live in Camden and didn't talk to one person who didn't plan on going to the game. Big difference in fan support between the two counties.

Maybe during halftime you saw empty bleachers /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> All of the extra bleachers were full, the regular bleachers were full and there were probably 200-300 people standing. Maybe if we had switched sides both the home and visitor stands would have been full. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" I work in Waverly and did not talk to one person who planned on going to the game...I live in Camden and didn't talk to one person who didn't plan on going to the game. Big difference in fan support between the two counties.

you forgot to mention that there was a small group of camden fans sitting on waverlys side in there stands also

[/quote

they are still working on getting the fan base back at waverly. there have been some things in the past before this group of coaches that have turned people away. alot has to do with the school system does not see that athletics is a crucial part of keeping kids out of trouble and they don't support it. that goes all the way to the top. kids need athletics and need to feel that people support them in their athletic endeavors and they are slowly getting that back. i can remember a time when you had to wait in line foreer to get in at waverly. camden fans probably don't remember because that was when yall were down and no one really cared there either. great game last night marred by penalties on each side. onside call was thje turning point in the game, if waverly gets that it could have been alot different. we did not get it though and that is the way it goes. hope we get to continue to fight on. if we make the playoffs i think we may give a few people the scare we gave camden last night. they can say they were not worried but until the referee overturned the call on onside it sure was quiet on that side of the river.

wreaking havoc that was made by me for the most part. is there something you need.

QUOTE (wreaking havoc @ Oct 31 2008 - 01:29 AM) *

papa tiger, do you know where i can find the post that had the waverly tiger emblem with blue background, tiger, and waverly 2008 on it?

wreaking havoc that was made by me for the most part. is there something you need.

[

[/quote

they are still working on getting the fan base back at waverly. there have been some things in the past before this group of coaches that have turned people away. alot has to do with the school system does not see that athletics is a crucial part of keeping kids out of trouble and they don't support it. that goes all the way to the top. kids need athletics and need to feel that people support them in their athletic endeavors and they are slowly getting that back.

This is so true, alot of schools admin do not support the programs, that is a shame. I am sure that waverly get it back rolling though

Congrats Lions on defeating a fine Waverly team for the sixth year in a row. All of Camden is proud of you. I would also like to wish Waverly the best in the playoffs - a much improved Waverly team under the guidance of a great, young coach. It's a great rivalry and I'm glad we have had a good run in the last few years. My hat is off to Waverly and their passing quarterback and receivers. I hope they make some noise in the playoffs.