Camden at Waverly

papatiger

Sorry most teams if they were only down 20 to camden, thought it was close

Yes, but Adamsville was down by 2 at half to Camden.

Waverly was up by 20 at the half and Adamsville had 21 total yards.

The lone Adamsville score came after a Tiger turnover on Waverly's 29 yard line. Adamsville had 85 total yards for the game.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From my perspective, I see Camden winning this one by three touchdowns or more.

Waverly has a good QB and a few good receivers, but the Waverly offensive line will not be able to protect him for anything more than short routes and quick hitters. If Waverly can establish a running game early and set up some play action, they'll have a chance to move the football. But if they line up in shotgun and try to throw the ball downfield, this game will be over early.

Camden needs to take the football and score, making Waverly play catch-up the whole game. If Camden can get an early lead, they can force Waverly into being one-dimensional. The Lions front four will be able to pin their ears back and rush the QB without bringing extra backers.

All in all, Waverly just doesn't have the team speed and the depth in the offensive snd defensive line to keep up with Camden for four quarters. I expect there will be a few "OOOOOOOOO" shots on both sides, but when the game settles down, the cream will rise to the top.

Camden 35 Waverly 7

I agree on two things. There will be a few "OOOOOOO" shots on both sides, and Waverly doesn't have the depth Camden does. But disagree on the rest. Waverly's first line is as good as any in the Region. They will line up in the shotgun 90% of the time as they have all year, since they run the spread. They will be able to pass and they will score. I think Camden's offense is perhaps a little better, by looking at their scores, but I think Waverly's defense is better, by looking at the scores. But we shall all see tonight. You guys have a safe trip over the bridge. And I'll make sure I'll tell my officers (who you call Barney) that you guys are coming through J'ville.

Yes, but Adamsville was down by 2 at half to Camden.

Waverly was up by 20 at the half and Adamsville had 21 total yards.

The lone Adamsville score came after a Tiger turnover on Waverly's 29 yard line. Adamsville had 85 total yards for the game.

True but adamsville did not score after half and camden rolled, my son is a freshman on camden, and from what we talked about the attitude going into that game was all wrong.

I respect waverly, work with lots of folks from humphrys co. you all have a good program, and lots to be proud of, but tonight I think camdens depth and older players lead this one.

Not that Coach ward had it all wrong, I just think the players themselves thought it was going to be easy.

quick note...to the seniors for waverly: great job this year guys on making such an improvement from last season, keep up the work and lets see how much ya'l want the title!! keep it clean but deliver some good hits....

to camden seniors: great season, way to keep the camden tradition rolling this year and not falling back with the rest of the region, hopefully our team will be able to give you a close hard fought game that both sides of the river will remember...good luck in playoffs!