Camden at Waverly

papatiger

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A thought I had.... Ok, if Waverly plays great, Camden fumbles around, it could be close with Wavo winning. I dont see Wavo running up the score much at all. (This is all in theory!!) Say Camden plays great, Wavo fumbles up.. Camden wins, do they run the score up? I know this is the region Champ game and Battle of the Bridge, so this is BIG and much respect "should" be put into the game. With that it is football it will be tough and very physical, I dont expect a "completey" clean game. So after all that fluff, my point is, will either coach try to "run up" the score? What are y'alls thoughts?

A thought I had.... Ok, if Waverly plays great, Camden fumbles around, it could be close with Wavo winning. I dont see Wavo running up the score much at all. (This is all in theory!!) Say Camden plays great, Wavo fumbles up.. Camden wins, do they run the score up? I know this is the region Champ game and Battle of the Bridge, so this is BIG and much respect "should" be put into the game. With that it is football it will be tough and very physical, I dont expect a "completey" clean game. So after all that fluff, my point is, will either coach try to "run up" the score? What are y'alls thoughts?

no jp i dont see either team running up the score....i mean in the 2nd half anyways, cuz you can look at past years where camden gets a huge first half lead but doesnt run it up in the 2nd half....both coaches are very respectful guys and great coaches, i hope neither team gets the chance to run up the score, hope its a good, hard hitting, clean game

Ward will put in his freshmen just to keep from scoring if the game is a blowout. We could have easily shut out Houston Co but he put in the freshmen and let them drive down the field. One thing I think is great, even when it looked like the Irish would score, Coach Ward didn't put his first teamers back in just so he could keep the stats gaudy like I've seen so many other teams do. It was great hearing the Irish fans screaming and cheering...you would have thought they'd won the superbowl because they scored against us. They left that game with pride... I have to admit so did I and it had nothing to do with the win.

Now if the coaches ever hear that another coach is running his mouth about our players or program, then all bets are off. I've seen our coaches be pretty ticked about that and the outcome wasn't very pretty. As long as things are kept clean, I can't see either team running up the score.

Things that happened while I was growing up near Waverly (while showing my age):

Waverly went undefeated allowing 7 points on D during the regular season losing to Brentwood Academy in the state semi's

Susan Goodman from Waverly was crowned Mrs America

Carrie Folks from New Johnsonville was named Miss Tennessee

"The Bridge" between Camden and J'ville was rebuilt and the old one was demolished

The World Fair was held in Knoxville and the "energy" barge shown at the fair was anchored about a mile from my house on the Tennessee River shortly after

Something that will not happen this year:

Waverly beating Camden

While I am a Waverly alumnus, they should not be able to hang with Camden on Friday. Waverly has a pretty good team, but Camden should take this one although I feel it will be closer than some are predicting.

Go Tigers!!!

How can you be" live on Friday" of a Thursday ballgame?

I am accustomed to putting Friday. It should read Thursday. Most normal people knew what I meant. That's what you ABC school people bring to the table. You correct us. I don't know where we (the public) schools would be without you. I would like to see though. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Oh, I'm sure you would love to listen to the broadcast on Waverly radio where I do play by play. wqmv1060.com

Things that happened while I was growing up near Waverly (while showing my age):

Waverly went undefeated allowing 7 points on D during the regular season losing to Brentwood Academy in the state semi's

Susan Goodman from Waverly was crowned Mrs America

Carrie Folks from New Johnsonville was named Miss Tennessee

"The Bridge" between Camden and J'ville was rebuilt and the old one was demolished

The World Fair was held in Knoxville and the "energy" barge shown at the fair was anchored about a mile from my house on the Tennessee River shortly after

Something that will not happen this year:

Waverly beating Camden

While I am a Waverly alumnus, they should not be able to hang with Camden on Friday. Waverly has a pretty good team, but Camden should take this one although I feel it will be closer than some are predicting.

Go Tigers!!!

I lived in New Johnsonville during those times. I remember the old bridge..... Wow....

PT, are you going to read the Senior bios over the air tomorrow? After the last script not making it in advance I'll make sure there's a senior form ready. As already mentioned there's going to be 45 names on it.

Yes, I'll need it that would help greatly, thanks.

I lived in New Johnsonville during those times. I remember the old bridge..... Wow....

Yes, me too. I had to drive over that for driver's ed. It was pretty narrow!!!!!

I will be there and after seeing Camden last week I predict camden 42 to 12..Camden run d willbe too much for Wavo offense..I willbe there!!

I say Waverly 21

Camden 17