Franklin Rebels host Centennial Cougars

dwg03

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Friday this game will be one of the biggest to be played in the state. Both teams are fighting for that number 2 spot. I don't know enough about either team except to say they have both already won some huge games this year and who ever wins this game will really have to outwork the other.

TRUE! HLHS WE WANT CENTENIAL TO WIN CUZ WE WANT A PIECE OF FRANKLIN

congratulations on your two shutouts. i think those shutouts consisted of a really strong 2-7 glencliff team(who has also been shutout on two other occasions besides the mighty cougar shutout) and the other shutout came against the powerful 4-5 Clarksville NE team(who has also been shutout on two other occasions besides the dominating cougar shutout).....WOW whoopty dooo. those are two huge shutout wins that mean so much

Go to google and search "define:sarcasm" and maybe you'll understand where I was going with that.

Go to google and search "define:sarcasm" and maybe you'll understand where I was going with that.

That was not a sarcastic reply by you, you were attempting to give yourself some little bit of hope that centennial has a chance in the form of stats...

this is a true sarcastic response:

Centennial has a well-proven/tested team this year and has a good chance of beating Franklin on Friday.

Now that was the definition of sarcasm. And i can break down the sarcasm present in that sentence if you need any help CHS 2007.....

ambiguousrock,

You are losing credibility everytime you open your mouth. Yes, the Centennial Cougars are 7-2 (which is surprising, considering the history of the football team), but who have they played and beat?????????? As I see it, Centennial has one quality win, against Ravenwood, which is questionable because Ravenwood is so inconsistent. Other than that win, they have not beat anybody who is good. Independence, not this year. Siegel, not really. Dickson Co, Columbia, Clarskville, Glencliff, I think not. They also lost to PAGE, which speaks for itself. Add on an opening night 21 point loss to Brentwood. So, Centennial has played poor competition all year and is lucky to be 7-2.

Ravenwood is in the playoffs and beat both Brentwood Academy and Brentwood; so I would consider that a quality win. Siegel has fallen off the last couple weeks, but at the time of the CHS game they had been playing some of the best ball in the midstate.

Again, frankly I don't care who we've beaten. We have 7 wins this season and we have by far exceeded expectations. Whatever happens this Friday, its been a season to remember for Centennial, who two years ago was 1-9 and seemed to be going nowhere. I'm proud of the way we've played this season, and no matter what happens I'll be behind this team all the way.

"Is there any magic left in this team, in what has been a magical season so far." -Mike Keith, right before the Music City minute. Despite whats happened this year, there's still unfinished business.

That was not a sarcastic reply by you, you were attempting to give yourself some little bit of hope that centennial has a chance in the form of stats...

this is a true sarcastic response:

Centennial has a well-proven/tested team this year and has a good chance of beating Franklin on Friday.

Now that was the definition of sarcasm. And i can break down the sarcasm present in that sentence if you need any help CHS 2007.....

While you seem to be an intelligent poster, (would you like me to break that sentence down for you?) I assure you If you had read that entire post, you will have realized I made that post to show I can also throw out random stats to make my team look good. Then I countered by saying anyone can throw out random stats but it doesn't matter because games aren't played on paper.

Ravenwood is in the playoffs and beat both Brentwood Academy and Brentwood; so I would consider that a quality win. Siegel has fallen off the last couple weeks, but at the time of the CHS game they had been playing some of the best ball in the midstate.

Again, frankly I don't care who we've beaten. We have 7 wins this season and we have by far exceeded expectations. Whatever happens this Friday, its been a season to remember for Centennial, who two years ago was 1-9 and seemed to be going nowhere. I'm proud of the way we've played this season, and no matter what happens I'll be behind this team all the way.

"Is there any magic left in this team, in what has been a magical season so far." -Mike Keith, right before the Music City minute. Despite whats happened this year, there's still unfinished business.

The Ravenwood game is iffy.... cuz like it has been proven all season they are inconsistent yes they beat good teams but that doesnt mean they are a week in week out power house..

and you do realize that the only evidence or support you have for Centennial to win this game is that they have gotten a couple good breaks this year to help them get to 7 wins so therefore they should somehow someway get a good break and beat Franklin on Friday..... personally i would rather have the stats on my side

And just because you were trying to prove that you can throw out random stats does not mean you were attempting to be sarcastic.... and once again We all know games arent played on paper(we have heard it around 10 times from you alone) but like i said i would rather have the paper on my side....

i am not a fan of either school but I am an avid 6-5A guys. i live in Williamson Co. and love the football fever that is here. so that said i think and let me repeat this... i think that makes my decision a bit unbiased on the subject.

playoffs are around the corner and the home field advantage is at hand. but i think from the word on the street is that this game is more about the local bragging rights for the kids. each team will be ready to go. Cent. brings an offense with explosive power as does the Rebels. I would say across the board that Franklin's O is probably the better of the two. I say that bc the QB from Franklin Nichols can play some football and the talent at the other skill positions is second to none in the county. just by sure size and ability. if you are a recruiter you definatley will look more at Franklin for the next level players. NOT TO KNOCK THE CENT. PLAYERS. Lordy, you have some players too. but I think a college recruiter looks for ability, which both teams have and size, which might go to Franklin in those postions. the numbers they have put up is amazing.

D. toss up. I am not totally sold on either so the question mark remains with the D and special teams. whoever can control the third part of the game will walk away with the win.

should a lot of excitement for this game. I will be there with my football buddies looking for one exciting game between two home town rivals. wish the players the best, no injuries, and never thought I would say this but BOTH teams lets get ready for post season after this one and I wish both good luck

The Ravenwood game is iffy.... cuz like it has been proven all season they are inconsistent yes they beat good teams but that doesnt mean they are a week in week out power house..

and you do realize that the only evidence or support you have for Centennial to win this game is that they have gotten a couple good breaks this year to help them get to 7 wins so therefore they should somehow someway get a good break and beat Franklin on Friday..... personally i would rather have the stats on my side

And just because you were trying to prove that you can throw out random stats does not mean you were attempting to be sarcastic.... and once again We all know games arent played on paper(we have heard it around 10 times from you alone) but like i said i would rather have the paper on my side....

Please, be my guest, you can have the stats on your side. I really could care less. They mean nothing

Please, be my guest, you can have the stats on your side. I really could care less. They mean nothing

Stats mean nothing at all?

your record is a stat..... so does that mean nothing to you?

are you saying that if centennial was o lets say 2-7 instead of 7-2 this game would still hold the same meaning and each team would still have an equal chance at winning the game?

Stats are numerical proof of your teams performance and shows how good they have been in the season. The only reason you keep saying that stats mean nothing(which i agree with to an extent) is because the stats and evidence are all piled up against your precious Centennial football team. if it were the other way around and Franklin was on the lower side you would not be saying this stuff.

But thats just the nature of all fans, no matter what it looks like before the game a fan of the team that might be considered the weaker of the two will come up with any excuse to give themself hope that their team might win.....

so basically i understand that you need to rationalize your team's chances of winning by saying yall have gotten good breaks all year but do not say stats dont matter because if roles were reversed you would be using all the stats you could.....