Franklin Rebels host Centennial Cougars

dwg03

ok centennial fans.... we understand that any team can win on any given night, we don't need history lessons from the NFL and we definently do not need someone to inform us that 62% is over half(but thank you for clearing that up because i personally was under the impression that half was equal to about 65%...), because we already know these things.

Yes any team can win any given night.... once again this fact was proven when yall lost to PAGE.

We understand that but like someone else said earlier, whats the point of pregame message boards if you guys don't want us to include stats from the season. There has been three or four Centennial fans that just keep saying stats don't matter... we understand it so there is no need to keep telling us that anything can happen... because the only reason you keep saying it is because the stats are so one sided favoring Franklin if it were the other way around you guys would be the ones listing off the stats.. thats just how sports and their fans are so get used to it.....

ok first off i was referring to half of the 62% so lets not be a wise guy coming on here and telling me off when you are brand new to this; not a smart idea buddy.

secondly, i have never counted out stats. my first post on this topic included all the stats just to prove that on paper franklin has us outmatched but ask either Mark Matykiewicz or Donnie Webb if that is an accurate description of what we will see in the game and they would say no and that you can throw stats to the wayside in this game and they will play this game with no stats in mind. For all concerned purposes going into this game, scales and nichols are sitting at 0.0 quarterback ratings. Kemp, Jackson, Lee, and any other backs have zero yards on the ground and no touchdowns. Both defenses are undefined by how many points they've given up or how well they can stop the run or the pass, because in all honesty IT REALLY DOESN'T MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE!

I played for Matykiewicz and he puts away past games and future games.

THE ONLY THING THAT MATERS IS THE CURRENT GAME!

Not what will happen next week and certainly not what happened week 1 for Centennial versus Page or week 7 for Franklin versus Brentwood. The shutouts for both teams over Clarksville NE do not matter. The big wins for Centennial over Ravenwood, Indy, and Siegel do not matter nor do Franklins big wins over McCallie or Hillsboro.

This is a just another new week.

It starts the same way as every other week:

0-0 on the scoreboard and 48 minutes to change that.

Both teams with a 50/50 shot to win it.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stats mean nothing at all?

your record is a stat..... so does that mean nothing to you?

are you saying that if centennial was o lets say 2-7 instead of 7-2 this game would still hold the same meaning and each team would still have an equal chance at winning the game?

Stats are numerical proof of your teams performance and shows how good they have been in the season. The only reason you keep saying that stats mean nothing(which i agree with to an extent) is because the stats and evidence are all piled up against your precious Centennial football team. if it were the other way around and Franklin was on the lower side you would not be saying this stuff.

But thats just the nature of all fans, no matter what it looks like before the game a fan of the team that might be considered the weaker of the two will come up with any excuse to give themself hope that their team might win.....

so basically i understand that you need to rationalize your team's chances of winning by saying yall have gotten good breaks all year but do not say stats dont matter because if roles were reversed you would be using all the stats you could.....

and yes i would say that it was a 50/50 shot at winning if we had the upper hand on Franklin because I know how these games have gone in the past. One play has changed the entire game (2004 fumble putting Franklin just past Centennial)

ok first off i was referring to half of the 62% so lets not be a wise guy coming on here and telling me off when you are brand new to this; not a smart idea buddy.

secondly, i have never counted out stats. my first post on this topic included all the stats just to prove that on paper franklin has us outmatched but ask either Mark Matykiewicz or Donnie Webb if that is an accurate description of what we will see in the game and they would say no and that you can throw stats to the wayside in this game and they will play this game with no stats in mind. For all concerned purposes going into this game, scales and nichols are sitting at 0.0 quarterback ratings. Kemp, Jackson, Lee, and any other backs have zero yards on the ground and no touchdowns. Both defenses are undefined by how many points they've given up or how well they can stop the run or the pass, because in all honesty IT REALLY DOESN'T MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE!

I played for Matykiewicz and he puts away past games and future games.

THE ONLY THING THAT MATERS IS THE CURRENT GAME!

Not what will happen next week and certainly not what happened week 1 for Centennial versus Page or week 7 for Franklin versus Brentwood. The shutouts for both teams over Clarksville NE do not matter. The big wins for Centennial over Ravenwood, Indy, and Siegel do not matter nor do Franklins big wins over McCallie or Hillsboro.

This is a just another new week.

It starts the same way as every other week:

0-0 on the scoreboard and 48 minutes to change that.

Both teams with a 50/50 shot to win it.

A- Truthfully i could care less how many posts anyone user has, i'm not gonna watch what i say just because i jsut got a username.

B- I agree stats mean nothing when it comes to gametime. anything can happen when a game starts... and like i have said everyone knows that.

What i have been saying is that up until gametime stats are the only thing you have to go by to compare the two teams. and this message board thread is to talk about the UPCOMING game, so naturally stats are going to be a major topic of discussion.

If you and your bud CHS 2007 can find some other way to compare the two teams before the game starts(other than mindlessly posting repeatedly that stats dont matter when the game starts) then please suggest it but truthfully i personally cant think of any other aspect to compare but im open to your ideas...

and yes i would say that it was a 50/50 shot at winning if we had the upper hand on Franklin because I know how these games have gone in the past. One play has changed the entire game (2004 fumble putting Franklin just past Centennial)

so your saying that no matter what the records have been the entire season how poor or how well one of the teams is playing at the beginning of the game the chances of winning are equal??

so in essence your saying if we were to put up say the University of Texas against the mighty Mustangs of Southern Methodist there is a 50% chance either team will win basically you could flip a coin and if it hits heads the Mustangs win? it just doesnt work that way in sports.... i wish it were but its not.

Ok I agree with you sorry there was a bit of a misunderstanding there

you just don't need to smart off at a misunderstanding of a stat i threw out and call me out for "undermining" your intelligence, but since you miss understood the stat, the 46% of the total ESPN survey who thought the Patriots would win in a blow it is half right???

ha kidding

secondly:

in real life a Cougar and a Rebel are fairly even; A rebel could shoot a cougar but a cougar could surprise a rebel and pounce on him and eat his face off.

thats how i settle the only other way to compare teams without stats

I mean the Titans are 7-0 and thats obviously because no other mascot can stand up to a Titan and that would also explain why Seattle stinks, I mean, Seahawks really? though it doesn't explain the winless Bengals of Cincinnati...

so your saying that no matter what the records have been the entire season how poor or how well one of the teams is playing at the beginning of the game the chances of winning are equal??

so in essence your saying if we were to put up say the University of Texas against the mighty Mustangs of Southern Methodist there is a 50% chance either team will win basically you could flip a coin and if it hits heads the Mustangs win? it just doesnt work that way in sports.... i wish it were but its not.

I'm not saying that in a matchup between SMU and Texas that SMU would win because of a huge talent gap there. But in a game like this when talent is fairly even, one could flip a coin.

Then again:

Boise St over Oklahoma

Oregon St over USC

Toledo over Michigan (Sorry CHS2007)

App St over Michigan (again CHS2007 sorry)

Stanford over USC

there are many instances when teams who should not have won a game won it

so to an extent i think that on any given day any team can win

I'm not saying that in a matchup between SMU and Texas that SMU would win because of a huge talent gap there. But in a game like this when talent is fairly even, one could flip a coin.

Then again:

Boise St over Oklahoma

Oregon St over USC

Toledo over Michigan (Sorry CHS2007)

App St over Michigan (again CHS2007 sorry)

Stanford over USC

there are many instances when teams who should not have won a game won it

so to an extent i think that on any given day any team can win

ya i misunderstood the original stat that is my fault...

but what i am saying is that stats are the only thing we have to compare teams prior game time, so that is all we ahve to go by we know that when the game starts stats dont matter.

and i still dont neccessarily agree with the 50/50 shot....

people use stats to prove their teams talent level and to prove that their team has a better chance of winning the game. which is exactly what you said- texas would win due to the talent gap and that is all that any fan is trying to prove when he/she reels off stats about his/her team. (and you coul replace Texas and SMU with a lackluster Tennessee team and Texas) because the only thing that is an indicator to who has a better chance of winning is stats.

thats just what im saying, stats prove that a game isnt a 50/50 coin flip they prove that one team has a better chance to win

but the keyword is CHANCE; there is always a chance the other team will win(going back to the list in your last text)

thats what i have been attempting to say...

o and you can add to your list

Page over Centennial(sorry CHS fans in general)

if we are adding Page to the list then we must add Centennial over Indy because when we played them no one on coacht thought Centennial would win, outside of CHS fans of course

but yes i completely agree with your statements

this game though is very evenly matched, whether Franklin fans want to admit that or not.

sure your defense over the year has done better than Centennial's, but the two big losses on defense will come into question and in my opinion could be the deciding factor in the game

Idk if that is really the same because talent levels are the same with Centennial and Indy.

and your list shows teams losing to inferiorly talented teams aka Page over Centennial. (just to clear up my thought process behind adding them to the list)

and yes i agree those could be big parts of the game but i feel like it wont be a game changer i feel like Franklin still had a solid enough defense to hold Centennial to well below their season average of scoring.

Just like the Buckeyes of the past 2 years CHS has had a great year and everyone around them thinks their unstoppable but no quality wins is setting them up for humiliation sorry Cougars... REALITY CHECK! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />