Franklin Rebels host Centennial Cougars

dwg03

Okay I will.

A 6'7 Drew Kelly will have a huge height advantage over any corner he faces. You think that won't be a difference when Centennial gets close to the endzone?

This Franklin defense has not faced anyone near the speed of Chaz Scales, nor has anyone that can match his speed (Jarriel Eaton and Jamaul Starnes are not as fast as Chaz Scales, so don't play that card). If Chaz gets into open space, that will be a factor.

In a close game where every yard and every point matters, special teams comes into play. With Austin Bass, CHS has that advantage.

All season long, Centennial has made teams pay for turnovers. If FHS has a 4th quarter similar to Brentwood, that would be a factor.

Well as far as Drew Kelly goes he's 6'6 and jamaul starnes can out jump him so scratch that one out and as far as no one being able to catch "GOD" aka Chaz Scales last time i checked he played last year and Franklin had no trouble stopping him and for Jarriel he doesn't play defense and im pretty sure he had a nice snag on good ol chaz last year in the endzone...check the tapes! Wait i smell something sniff sniff...is that 12? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well as far as Drew Kelly goes he's 6'6 and jamaul starnes can out jump him so scratch that one out and as far as no one being able to catch "GOD" aka Chaz Scales last time i checked he played last year and Franklin had no trouble stopping him and for Jarriel he doesn't play defense and im pretty sure he had a nice snag on good ol chaz last year in the endzone...check the tapes! Wait i smell something sniff sniff...is that 12? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

heck, why even play the game, since we're just going to revert to what happened last year, when everyone was a year younger and inexperienced?

Centennial wins.

"Is there any magic left in this team, in what has been a magical season so far." -Mike Keith, right before the Music City minute.

CHS 2007,

I believe it's called the Music City MIRACLE, not the Music City minute. But, to answer what you said in one of your other posts, I definitely give credibility to Centennial for exceeding expectations. Before this season, nobody thought CHS was going to be anywhere decent, but you've proved those people wrong. Congratulations, would you like a plaque that says, "Exceeded Expectations"? While you're at it, give the Page Patriots the same award, for beating you. When it comes down to it, nothing matters (except in your own head) if you exceeded expectations. What matters is if you go far in the playoffs, which you won't because Franklin will beat you on Friday, then you'll probably lay an egg in the playoffs. I'm done.

CHS 2007,

I believe it's called the Music City MIRACLE, not the Music City minute. But, to answer what you said in one of your other posts, I definitely give credibility to Centennial for exceeding expectations. Before this season, nobody thought CHS was going to be anywhere decent, but you've proved those people wrong. Congratulations, would you like a plaque that says, "Exceeded Expectations"? While you're at it, give the Page Patriots the same award, for beating you. When it comes down to it, nothing matters (except in your own head) if you exceeded expectations. What matters is if you go far in the playoffs, which you won't because Franklin will beat you on Friday, then you'll probably lay an egg in the playoffs. I'm done.

Thank God

Definitely 6'7 but nice try. And if you think you're playing the Chaz Scales from the last two years then you're in for a bit of a suprise.

Sorry, I was too busy trying to decipher your misspellings.

I'd argue that 2003 was the best team, and as we went to the 2nd round and lost by one point to Hendersonville, stats back me up.

I agree that the 03 team was better. However, that is not to overlook what Chaz and co. has done this year. Just think if Curtis Steele and Chaz had been in the backfield together. Dangerous and unstoppable are the words that come to mind.

I agree that the 03 team was better. However, that is not to overlook what Chaz and co. has done this year. Just think if Curtis Steele and Chaz had been in the backfield together. Dangerous and unstoppable are the words that come to mind.

Oh, I don't have any doubt that Chaz has been the best QB in the school's history (I believe Phillip Bates was good simply because of his athletic prowess as well).

I've never seen a Centennial team make such big plays on a regular basis. It's a relief, and I'm hoping Tony Kemp can continue that next year as well.