Franklin Rebels host Centennial Cougars

dwg03

hold up.

if you are comparing us to the buckeyes that would imply that we have been there and have known what victory feels like (ie the 17 national championships for OSU)

now if you want to say that Centennial is like Hawaii playing Georgia thats one thing, but OSU has won, therefore making your argument irrelevant

i like boise sate/ oklahoma better

additionally why do people keep changing their minds about our "quality wins"

going into indy, people say we needed a quality win and we won

then people say thats not a quality win so we beat siegel who people said we wouldn't beat

then people say thats not a quality win so we beat Ravewood who people said would be a quality win

and now people are saying we dont have a quality win?

hypocrites if you ask me!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

idk about what other fans have said but

Whihch one of these is a quality win?

A)ravenwood- inconsistent not really a quality win

Independence- has 3 wins.... nuff said

C)Siegel- barely over .500 on the season.

D) None of the Above

correct answer D.

played one truly solid-playing consistent team in Brentwood Result=loss

Centennial is unproven. and now thinking about it most likely inconsistent too

beating Ravenwood,Indy but having to eeek out a win against DC and losing to Page and being demolished by Brentwood.

ravenwood beat brentwood and BA

nuff said

Ravenwood is the definition of inconsistent....

Beat Brentwood and BA

lost to Centennial by 16

beat Columbia by 5(its Columbia...)

beat Indy by 7(Indy has 3 WINS!)

Beat Clarksville by 14(Decent)

And besides the Clarksville game all of their wins have been by 7 or less....

Ravenwood reeks of inconsistency..... nuff said

idk about what other fans have said but

Whihch one of these is a quality win?

A)ravenwood- inconsistent not really a quality win

Independence- has 3 wins.... nuff said

C)Siegel- barely over .500 on the season.

D) None of the Above

correct answer D.

played one truly solid-playing consistent team in Brentwood Result=loss

Centennial is unproven. and now thinking about it most likely inconsistent too

beating Ravenwood,Indy but having to eeek out a win against DC and losing to Page and being demolished by Brentwood.

Be reminded the Brentwood game was tied at 7 after three. After BHS scored early in the 4th to go up 14-7, Centennial was driving when a fumble was picked up and returned 75 yds down an open sideline to make it 21-7. The last score came in garbage time so 28-7 was a little misleading.

hold up.

if you are comparing us to the buckeyes that would imply that we have been there and have known what victory feels like (ie the 17 national championships for OSU)

now if you want to say that Centennial is like Hawaii playing Georgia thats one thing, but OSU has won, therefore making your argument irrelevant

i like boise sate/ oklahoma better

additionally why do people keep changing their minds about our "quality wins"

going into indy, people say we needed a quality win and we won

then people say thats not a quality win so we beat siegel who people said we wouldn't beat

then people say thats not a quality win so we beat Ravewood who people said would be a quality win

and now people are saying we dont have a quality win?

hypocrites if you ask me!

17?!?!?!?! Try 5 there bud

We've been having to prove everyone wrong every game this year. I don't mind having to do so one more time this year.

If you and your bud CHS 2007 can find some other way to compare the two teams before the game starts(other than mindlessly posting repeatedly that stats dont matter when the game starts) then please suggest it but truthfully i personally cant think of any other aspect to compare but im open to your ideas...

Okay I will.

A 6'7 Drew Kelly will have a huge height advantage over any corner he faces. You think that won't be a difference when Centennial gets close to the endzone?

This Franklin defense has not faced anyone near the speed of Chaz Scales, nor has anyone that can match his speed (Jarriel Eaton and Jamaul Starnes are not as fast as Chaz Scales, so don't play that card). If Chaz gets into open space, that will be a factor.

In a close game where every yard and every point matters, special teams comes into play. With Austin Bass, CHS has that advantage.

All season long, Centennial has made teams pay for turnovers. If FHS has a 4th quarter similar to Brentwood, that would be a factor.

I wouldnt have said that because i do realize that it is a different team than the one who lost to page.... mentally.

and CHS just to let you know speed, height, etc are stats just of a different nature... but yes

Centennial has a lot of speed and a tall guy(i dont know anything about your special teams) and yes those will come into play alot but all of your best skill players are on offense... its not spread out thats why you always get into these high scoring games. i still just dont think that Franklin's D will allow your 4 skill players on offense to outscore Franklin's much more well rounded offense. and yes a few injuries might affect Franklin's D but like i said early on Franklin has only allowed less than 10 pts on average against that list of teams earlier in the thread. i dont think our D can drop that much to let yall score 30+ points because that is what you will need to win.

And before Centennial worries about the 4th quarter they need to fous on getting through the first three and staying within striking distance.