(5-4 4-2) Gleason @ (8-1 6-0) Union City

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know good and well that's not my style....

Anyway to the game....

Union City came out tonite about as pumped up as I have seen them in many years....I don't know if it was because Gleason embarrassed them last year or it was senior night or a combo of both but it looked good....21-0 real quick by the Tornadoes then saw Gleason pull within 21-14 but it was too much Union City ground game tonite...I think the Tornadoes showed some folks they are more than Colton Speed...They had around 530 yards rushing tonite and they might have had three kids get 100 yards...Kendrick Price did for sure..He had a 96 yard TD run and a few more carries and Josh Nicks was close or over 100 and maybe Speed had 100..He did score 3 TD's...Nicks and Price had 2 apiece and Jacob Worley had one..Wilkes was 9 for 9 on Xtra points....One stat that I thought was really interesting was that the Tornadoes did not have to run 1 3rd down play the entire first half...None...This Gleason team came into the game on a roll but just could not keep up with a Union City offense that is realy starting to peak at the right time...

9-1 Region 7-1A Champs...Great Job to Darren Bowling,his staff and his kids....

You know good and well that's not my style....

Anyway to the game....

Union City came out tonite about as pumped up as I have seen them in many years....I don't know if it was because Gleason embarrassed them last year or it was senior night or a combo of both but it looked good....21-0 real quick by the Tornadoes then saw Gleason pull within 21-14 but it was too much Union City ground game tonite...I think the Tornadoes showed some folks they are more than Colton Speed...They had around 530 yards rushing tonite and they might have had three kids get 100 yards...Kendrick Price did for sure..He had a 96 yard TD run and a few more carries and Josh Nicks was close or over 100 and maybe Speed had 100..He did score 3 TD's...Nicks and Price had 2 apiece and Jacob Worley had one..Wilkes was 9 for 9 on Xtra points....One stat that I thought was really interesting was that the Tornadoes did not have to run 1 3rd down play the entire first half...None...This Gleason team came into the game on a roll but just could not keep up with a Union City offense that is realy starting to peak at the right time...

9-1 Region 7-1A Champs...Great Job to Darren Bowling,his staff and his kids....

I am proud for all the RB and O=line and D-lne the DB's kicker ect. "I think the Tornadoes showed some folks they are more than Colton Speed" seems a little demeaning.

We would be playing BB next week without him.

I am proud for all the RB and O=line and D-lne the DB's kicker ect. "I think the Tornadoes showed some folks they are more than Colton Speed" seems a little demeaning.

We would be playing BB next week without him.

Well,what do you think is more demeaning??...That people say UC is nothing without Speed(Which I do consider a slight to the rest of the team) or me saying that the team showed those folks they are more than just Colton Speed??...I'm well aware of the situation UC would be in without him..Of course we don't know do we??..We haven't(hopefully won't)had to cross that bridge this year...I saw 4 different QB's run this same offense at Obion Central and all of them performed well....I do know this,the color commentator on the radio said after a interview with Darren Bowling last week that he got the impression from him that had Zach Caveness been eligible from the beginning of camp this summer he would have been the starting QB when the season started...Even though Bowling was quoted early in the year that he wanted Speed from the very start to run his offense when he got to the school back in February...

Believe me,as old lineman,an original Hog,I give alot of the credit to those guys in the trenches...You are not going to win many games without them...It's a team effort,no doubt...

Well,what do you think is more demeaning??...That people say UC is nothing without Speed(Which I do consider a slight to the rest of the team) or me saying that the team showed those folks they are more than just Colton Speed??...I'm well aware of the situation UC would be in without him..Of course we don't know do we??..We haven't(hopefully won't)had to cross that bridge this year...I saw 4 different QB's run this same offense at Obion Central and all of them performed well....I do know this,the color commentator on the radio said after a interview with Darren Bowling last week that he got the impression from him that had Zach Caveness been eligible from the beginning of camp this summer he would have been the starting QB when the season started...Even though Bowling was quoted early in the year that he wanted Speed from the very start to run his offense when he got to the school back in February...

Believe me,as old lineman,an original Hog,I give alot of the credit to those guys in the trenches...You are not going to win many games without them...It's a team effort,no doubt...

P&G

I want to clerify my statement and if I took yours wrong I am sorry. I was speaking to that the UC team this year is good from top to bottom and UC is not about anybody it is about everybody. I am proud of all 27 of them and all have contributed greatly in this season. In that context what I am saying is why pick player x-y-z and say it is not about them. It gives the impression that they have done something wrong or why not everybody has picked it up to another level. Anyway we are rolling and I would love to see Zack come in and mess with another teams head, catching them off guard. Whatever a color man from the radio thinks or says is insignificant to what prevails.

P&G

I want to clerify my statement and if I took yours wrong I am sorry. I was speaking to that the UC team this year is good from top to bottom and UC is not about anybody it is about everybody. I am proud of all 27 of them and all have contributed greatly in this season. In that context what I am saying is why pick player x-y-z and say it is not about them. It gives the impression that they have done something wrong or why not everybody has picked it up to another level. Anyway we are rolling and I would love to see Zack come in and mess with another teams head, catching them off guard. Whatever a color man from the radio thinks or says is insignificant to what prevails.

The only reason I posted that was because of alot of the other posters on here saying if you stop Speed you beat Union City and some that have said UC isn't anything without him...The last few weeks the team has been proving those people wrong....Plus,it's not true anyway...There have been some teams that have controlled what he does and UC won anyway...It's all good though....

GO TORNADOES!!!

The only reason I posted that was because of alot of the other posters on here saying if you stop Speed you beat Union City and some that have said UC isn't anything without him...The last few weeks the team has been proving those people wrong....Plus,it's not true anyway...There have been some teams that have controlled what he does and UC won anyway...It's all good though....

GO TORNADOES!!!

Thanks p&g I look foward to keeping with yours in BB. Can we run the table in football and get to the boro?

Union City has got a good team. Union City and Trinity should be favored in my opinion in their games the next 2 weeks but any of the 8 teams in the playoff could win their first round game. It's going to be fun to watch the next 3 weeks of playoffs.

Halls can throw the ball and they have a very good quarterback. If they can beat Trinity then they could beat Union City. I'm not sure that there is a team in 7A or 8A that can shut down Union City's running game but when a team doesnt have any passing game then they can be stopped. Union City doesnt have a passing game............none. So far they havent had to pass but that will change in the coming weeks.

Let's let everyone know the zero passing comment isn't accurate....

Speed is 22 for 38 with 617 yards passing....7TD's...

That's not exactly ZERO....

When your team has rushed for 3340 yards in 10 games there is no need to pass.....

Let's let everyone know the zero passing comment isn't accurate....

Speed is 22 for 38 with 617 yards passing....7TD's...

That's not exactly ZERO....

When your team has rushed for 3340 yards in 10 games there is no need to pass.....

Amen brotha and fellow Tornado fan, Preach on my friend....preach on!!

P&G

GO UC !!

Good recovery from as someone has said 'the most embarrassing loss ever' but a couple of questions.

Why call a time out with 60 seconds to go in the first half, you no doubt would have scored any ways, but with the time out you made sure. Why play the main team until 3 minutes to go in the game? With the playoffs so close why risk your kicker who took a nasty hit there at the end.

Good recovery from as someone has said 'the most embarrassing loss ever' but a couple of questions.

Why call a time out with 60 seconds to go in the first half, you no doubt would have scored any ways, but with the time out you made sure. Why play the main team until 3 minutes to go in the game? With the playoffs so close why risk your kicker who took a nasty hit there at the end.

You know o6....I was thinking the same thing..I guess they were making a statement...But it wouldn't have been too smart to have an injury late in the game..

I don't know why you ask about the first half though....