Powell vs Clinton

i think powell will win because the defense is improving since the beginning of the season. three key factors 1) speed off the line, my example #86 Will Barnes and clintons suspensions could hurt them. 2) The all around defensive threat of #5 Anthony Phillips. 3) The dominating #8 Joe Cardio putting up good amounts of tackles every game. On offense, of course, Kier Houston has been havin a great season in the air and on the ground. Tyler Drummer and Devin Collins are excellent at making plays at the right time. Watch Out For The Go Routes. Also the short routes in Andrew Hansen could keep Clinton off their guard.

Final Score- Powell 35 Clinton 28

I do agree that Powell's defense has greatly improved since week 1. These guys have definitely grown up since their loss to Maryville in week 4. I was most impressed with the way their defense shutdown Anderson County, Central, and West (in the 2nd half). Powell and Clinton are very evenly matched, but the improved play of the Panther defense could very well be the difference in this game. The Dragons have a lot of weapons on offense, and I doubt that Powell can stop them all. However, with Hazelhurst returning this week, I would think that slowing him down has to be the focus for the Powell defense. He is still the obvious difference maker for Clinton. Kier Houston and Darian Stone are on par with one another, but Clinton has an edge at running back with Hazelhurst. This game should be as good as advertised, and I expect to see a lot of fans at this game, on both sides of the field.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It Should be an interesting game and i believe both teams are fighting for home-field playoff advantage, which will increase the intensity of the game. Clinton is one of those teams i consider a dual-threat team. Cause un-like many other teams in the area that are solo based(They either run 90% of the game or pass 90%).Clinton does both. Although Clinton does have plenty of offensive threats, in the end Powells defense, if they continue to play like they have, should be able to control the game and make stops when they need it. So its up to Powells offense to win this one in my eyes. I think this battle will last all four quarters til the final seconds to decide the winner. Should be good.

i think powell will win because the defense is improving since the beginning of the season. three key factors 1) speed off the line, my example #86 Will Barnes and clintons suspensions could hurt them. 2) The all around defensive threat of #5 Anthony Phillips. 3) The dominating #8 Joe Cardio putting up good amounts of tackles every game. On offense, of course, Kier Houston has been havin a great season in the air and on the ground. Tyler Drummer and Devin Collins are excellent at making plays at the right time. Watch Out For The Go Routes. Also the short routes in Andrew Hansen could keep Clinton off their guard.

Final Score- Powell 35 Clinton 28

who's been suspended from clinton?

It Should be an interesting game and i believe both teams are fighting for home-field playoff advantage, which will increase the intensity of the game. Clinton is one of those teams i consider a dual-threat team. Cause un-like many other teams in the area that are solo based(They either run 90% of the game or pass 90%).Clinton does both. Although Clinton does have plenty of offensive threats, in the end Powells defense, if they continue to play like they have, should be able to control the game and make stops when they need it. So its up to Powells offense to win this one in my eyes. I think this battle will last all four quarters til the final seconds to decide the winner. Should be good.

That is correct JD. Which ever team wins, that team will be the #2 seed! And that means a first round home game.

Go Powell....err that doesn't sound right. But I believe if Powell wins it locks their second seed, putting West at third (if they beat Central) and Clinton at fourth. Don't know who West will end up playing but traditionally the second seed in the other region is never nearly as good as the one seed. (see Brainerd 2007)

Go Powell....err that doesn't sound right. But I believe if Powell wins it locks their second seed, putting West at third (if they beat Central) and Clinton at fourth. Don't know who West will end up playing but traditionally the second seed in the other region is never nearly as good as the one seed. (see Brainerd 2007)

The winner of the Powell-Clinton game is second and gets the first round home game next week in the playoffs. West will finish third if Powell wins and fourth if Clinton wins.

Here is the scenario from the TSSAA website:

Maryville is first.

If Powell wins, Powell is second, Knoxville West is third, and Clinton is fourth.

If Powell loses, Clinton is second, Powell is third, and Knoxville West is fourth

So, to answer your question about who West would play, unless something really strange happens Cleveland is going to be the one seed and Rhea County the two seed from region 4. If West where third they would go to Rhea County, or they would travel to Cleveland if they finish fourth.

Did you know? Clinton v.s teams going to be in the playoffs 0-3

Clinton v.s teams not going to be in the playoffs 6-0

I just realized this and wanted to point it out. Go Dragons!!!

If Campbell County beats Karns (and they should), Clinton would actually be 1-3 versus playoff bound teams, while Powell would be 2-2.

Did you know? Clinton v.s teams going to be in the playoffs 0-3

Clinton v.s teams not going to be in the playoffs 6-0

I just realized this and wanted to point it out. Go Dragons!!!

two things 1st those three teams are maryville A.C and west, all of which are pretty tough teams and two of which were very close games and ones i think we'd win 4 of if we played em 5 times ( obviously im talkin west and A.C here) and secondly from the other posts im seeing on here this game is even more of a must win for clinton than powell i didnt realize they would fall all the way to 4th if they lost and west won, which i think they will, so i really hope clinton brings their A game on friday, i really wish i could make this game cause i think it will be their most exciting one this season but im def going to be at their first playoff game in over a decade the following week. im stickin with my prediction of clinton in a close one winning on the last possesion. GO DRAGONS!!!

two things 1st those three teams are maryville A.C and west, all of which are pretty tough teams and two of which were very close games and ones i think we'd win 4 of if we played em 5 times ( obviously im talkin west and A.C here) and secondly from the other posts im seeing on here this game is even more of a must win for clinton than powell i didnt realize they would fall all the way to 4th if they lost and west won, which i think they will, so i really hope clinton brings their A game on friday, i really wish i could make this game cause i think it will be their most exciting one this season but im def going to be at their first playoff game in over a decade the following week. im stickin with my prediction of clinton in a close one winning on the last possesion. GO DRAGONS!!!

Are you saying that Powell is not a tough team? All i am saying is Clinton has not faired too well against the better teams they have played this year and that this is their chance to beat a good playoff team friday night. I hope Clinton shows up and plays better since the pressure of making the playoffs isnt so high. I would rather be playing at home in the first round instead of Cleveland. How bout you?

Go Dragons!!!