Maryville vs. Lenoir City

BIGBADCAMERAMAN

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hate to be this way, but i can't believe this argument is even going on from fans of a team that is horrible in 4A (see who knows how many straight region losses), would be bad in 3A (see games vs AC for last two years), and would be mediocre in 2A (see loudon blowouts)....

i'm a clinton fan, and i would like to see maryville lose just as much as the next guy, but i don't think the numbers argument is valid. yeah, maybe maryville wouldn't have a zillion straight wins, but i guarantee they would've been state contenders in 5A for the last several years.

i don't even know why i'm going on about this. this argument will continue until at least next year when the rebels are 6A.

In closing I don't blame Oak Ridge for not playing Maryville, Maryville is bigger! Come back and brag when you are whipping schools that are YOUR size.

lcfootball ewe ever heered uv lettin' a sleepin' dog lie....???????....Oke Gridge frashman did play Mairvul's frashman tonite....25-0 Rebs at haiftime......Then thay put in tha 7th and 8th graiders and tha final wuz 25-13....More of tha saim to come...... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

lcfootball ewe ever heered uv lettin' a sleeping dog lie........Oke Gridge did play Mairvul's frashman tonite....25-0 Rebs at haiftime......Then thay put in tha 7th and 8th graiders and tha final wuz 25-13....More of tha saim to come...... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Game should have gotten out of hand : 25-13 should have been 50-0. Oh well. Was glad to see alot of kids play in the 2nd half. The OR 9th team didn't look very good, but their QB had a cannon that got behind the secondary a few times.

Speaking as an LC fan that does know a little about Football, I must say I am envious of the Maryville program and respect the heck out of what they have accomplished. In my opinion, their success is due to 3 things: 1) Coaching (GQ is the best coach in East Tenn. bar none) 2) Feeder program from youth leagues 3) committment from players to be the best. If LC had GQ as their coach, they could probably be 5-4 right now even with their lack of superb atheletes. I think GQ could take average atheletes and coach them up to be competitive. Until LC gets a coach of GQ's level, they will contiinue to struggle because kids do not want to play for a losing program. I would love to see what GQ could do with the LC program. A pipe dream I know but it's still fun to think about....

Speaking as an LC fan that does know a little about Football, I must say I am envious of the Maryville program and respect the heck out of what they have accomplished. In my opinion, their success is due to 3 things: 1) Coaching (GQ is the best coach in East Tenn. bar none) 2) Feeder program from youth leagues 3) committment from players to be the best. If LC had GQ as their coach, they could probably be 5-4 right now even with their lack of superb atheletes. I think GQ could take average atheletes and coach them up to be competitive. Until LC gets a coach of GQ's level, they will contiinue to struggle because kids do not want to play for a losing program. I would love to see what GQ could do with the LC program. A pipe dream I know but it's still fun to think about....

I completly agree with you GQ is the best coach in the state and thats got no arguement. Yes he is the reason that Maryville keeps winning so much he can coach kids into winners. He has a great system in Maryville. His players stay committed bc they win so many of LC players get discouraged by losing all the time. Coach White ran the LC program into the ground. AS a former player for white i saw first hand at what he was doing to the program. He wouldnt punish the starters if they did something wrong but if a back up or 3rd stringer did it they would get punished like no other. If you look back in 2004 we went to the second round of the playoffs but since then we have won only 6 games in 4 years. As a senoir he kept telling us that we were preparing for the future and then he would leave some senoirs in the game when it was out of reach and sometimes that lead to injury. The McCallie kid(sprained MCL) got hurt in the 4th quarter against Powell when the game was 41-0. Heck he had his star senoirs sit on the bench while the backups and underclassmen moved the ball which shouldve said something but idk if he ever got that when you let the kids have fun with the game they will produce results. This may have been the downfall to this years team somewhat. NO underclass man had expeirence playing OT this year bc he had 2 senoirs playing the position in the 4th. Yes last year we shouldve prepared for the future by playong younger guys more. But I think Zeller will only get better as a coach with this program. He is exactly what this team need.

SO IM OUT YALL PEACE FROM BIGBADCAMERAMAN

GO LENOIR CITY HIGH SCHOOL WE ALL BELIEVE IN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PUT ON A SHOW THURSDAY /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Or Greenback I bet they would love to play you.

Greenback would line up against Lenoir City in a New York second.

Not just because it is a winnable game but the small school budget could use the gate a local game would bring. That's assuming the LC faithfull could be bothered to make the 15 minute ride.

Starz is saying in his best writing that if size is such a big factor...LC should schedule little ole Alcoa...according to your logic, that would be an easy win...just like you all thumped little ole Loudon this year.

Which Powerhouse did we ( Maryville) thump? Alcoa?

Fer lcfootball....Mairvul won over bigger skools Hairatige (38-7) and bigger Will-Yum Blunt (38-2).........Pleese continue.....

Wow, you are right Stars, those two are tough!

"Your only win was against Karns (1511)." Someone has already said we shouldn't have won that one.

You are right SIZE DOES MATTER. LC isn't the one bragging here.

Maryville is bigger than 16 other 6A schools, go pick on someone your own size.

"Maryville is bigger than 16 other 6A schools, go pick on someone your own size"

I can't believe people are calling us on this.