Maryville vs. Lenoir City

BIGBADCAMERAMAN

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lcfootball since yore Panthers are "bigger" thay ort two play Alcouh...... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

What has that statement got to with that quote? I firmly believe Maryvilles next 70 will be much more difficult than the last. I don't have anything to do with the schedule, and I don't understand what that would prove, but go ahead.

What has that statement got to with that quote? I firmly believe Maryvilles next 70 will be much more difficult than the last. I don't have anything to do with the schedule, and I don't understand what that would prove, but go ahead.

Starz is saying in his best writing that if size is such a big factor...LC should schedule little ole Alcoa...according to your logic, that would be an easy win...just like you all thumped little ole Loudon this year.

SIZE DOES MATTER!!!!

Lenoir City (enrollment 1268) vs Loudon (enrollment 702)

Lenoir City 7 - Loudon 30

Your only win was against Karns (1511).

"Your only win was against Karns (1511)." Someone has already said we shouldn't have won that one.

You are right SIZE DOES MATTER. LC isn't the one bragging here.

Maryville is bigger than 16 other 6A schools, go pick on someone your own size.

"Your only win was against Karns (1511)." Someone has already said we shouldn't have won that one.

You are right SIZE DOES MATTER. LC isn't the one bragging here.

Maryville is bigger than 16 other 6A schools, go pick on someone your own size.

You obviously don't know anything about what it takes to have a winning program. Size matters only in the fact that you have a few more athletes to choose from. Some very large schools never have winning programs and some small schools are successful against larger schools year after year. Why?...they have developed a tradition of being winners or losers. Every boy in the Maryville elementary and middle schools is familiar with MHS football and wants to one day be part of it. The community supports the program....more Maryville fans will be at the game than LC fans. My prediction is when the TSSAA reforms the classifications next year, we will continue to pick on teams "our size"...Will LC continue to whip little schools like Loudon?

OK, back to the thread.

Score by quarters:

1st MHS 14 LC 0

2nd MHS 31 LC 0

3rd MHS 41 LC 7

4th MHS 55 LC 14*

After LCHS scores on the freshmen and mascot, GQ puts 1st team back in to prevent the KNS from stating that if the game had gone 10 more minutes, LC would have come back to win.

JT

You obviously don't know anything about what it takes to have a winning program. Size matters only in the fact that you have a few more athletes to choose from. Some very large schools never have winning programs and some small schools are successful against larger schools year after year. Why?...they have developed a tradition of being winners or losers. Every boy in the Maryville elementary and middle schools is familiar with MHS football and wants to one day be part of it. The community supports the program....more Maryville fans will be at the game than LC fans. My prediction is when the TSSAA reforms the classifications next year, we will continue to pick on teams "our size"...Will LC continue to whip little schools like Loudon?

You haven't started playing schools your size yet, thats my point. "Size matters only in the fact that you have a few more athletes to choose from." Now your coming around. I agree about having tradition, but that only helps so much ask Oak Ridge or Farragut or more recently Fulton. Do I think you will lose every game next season? Nope, but I also don't think you will win ever one either.

If someone from Oak Ridge or Soddy-Daisy came on this site this year and bragged about beating Halls or Central or Lenoir City everyone would tell them to go away, they should have won, but yet every week I read all these post bragging about Maryville beating them.

If someone from Oak Ridge or Soddy-Daisy came on this site this year and bragged about beating Halls or Central or Lenoir City everyone would tell them to go away, they should have won, but yet every week I read all these post bragging about Maryville beating them.

YEAH!!!

Or LC bragging about beating little ole Loudon, people would tell them to go away, THEY SHOULD KILL THEM BASED ON THE NUMBERS....oh, never mind...bad point...Loudon (702) beat big ole LC (1268).

I am through with this argument....Maryville wins because they have a long tradition of winning and will continue to win in 6A. Will they win the next 70....probably not....should they have won their last 70...probably not....however, I would not bet against them if they were playing 1A or 6A.

Bragging or just proud of a group of kids that have bought into a system and worked their butts off to continue a tradition?

Ihaven't heard much trash talking from the big LC over the last few years but Iguess it had to come sometime. The way I see it you guys are doing the best that you can and that unfortunately for you all is not good. No discipline no commitment no tradition. But you want to get on here and start your crap and it is not even original, give me a break. But I guess it makes all you hater / envious / ... ( well that is enough for now) feel better than go ahead. It will be 70 Thursday night with class.