MBA and McCallie

BigRedDad

I think McCallie is probably a better team then most people think. They have lost 3 games by a combined total of 16 points. Franklin 36-35, BA 17-3, and Ensworth 36-35 in 2OT. I think the Big Red is in for a tough game that they really need to win. MBA has a big edge in the kicking game and fortunately the game will be played in Nashville.

What do you all think?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Common opponents:

Ryan: MBA won 45-0, McCallie won 21-0.

Ensworth: McCallie lost 37-36 in OT, MBA lost 41-28.

Brentwood Academy: MBA won 13-7, McCallie lost 17-3.

Baylor: McCallie won 24-3, MBA won 14-3.

MBA has more to play for in this game. If they lose, they drop from a #2 (or possibly even #1) seed down to #5 and would have to play the #1 seed (likely EHS but possibly BA) on the road in the 1st round. If they win, they are home in the 1st round.

McCallie has to go on the road either way. If McCallie wins, they move from the #5 to the #4 and would have to travel to Memphis to play undefeated MUS in the 1st round. If they lose and EHS wins, they get a rematch against the EHS team that they took to OT earlier in the season. If they lose and EHS loses, they would play MBA back-to-back in Nashville.

I would go with MBA which looked like a rejuvenated team after a bye week and a grueling schedule.

Ok. I've done a quick review of the stats on TN Super Prep which run through Oct 17. While I am most definitely NOT a statistician, these were my observations. Both seem to be fairly evenly matched in all categories except for 2...passing offense and defense, and rushing. MBA is way ahead in passing offense (186 yd/gm)...but McCallie is ahead in passing defense (110) in terms of yards per game. McCallie was leading in terms of rushing offense yards per game.

What this tells little ole me is that it is going to be one heck of a barn burner in Nashville with a very good passing team matching it up with a very good pass defense and can our running backs get the job done! I think the running backs will be just fine and McCallie will provide the Big Blue community with a nail biter win.

McCallie by 3....possibly in OT.

Ok. I've done a quick review of the stats on TN Super Prep which run through Oct 17. While I am most definitely NOT a statistician, these were my observations. Both seem to be fairly evenly matched in all categories except for 2...passing offense and defense, and rushing. MBA is way ahead in passing offense (186 yd/gm)...but McCallie is ahead in passing defense (110) in terms of yards per game. McCallie was leading in terms of rushing offense yards per game.

What this tells little ole me is that it is going to be one heck of a barn burner in Nashville with a very good passing team matching it up with a very good pass defense and can our running backs get the job done! I think the running backs will be just fine and McCallie will provide the Big Blue community with a nail biter win.

I hope you are wrong

Wouldn't you guys just rather lie down and come back next week against EHS? LOL

Memphis is a loooong way from Chattanooga. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Ought to be a good one. McCallie will try to control the clock with its ground game. The Big Blue has a very strong running game with Skogen, Rush and Brock. Skogen has been really strong as the season progressed. MBA's defense is good but I think McCallie can move the ball against them. Seems to me the pressure is going to be on McCallie's defense to stop the Big Red offense. I think both teams will put points on the board but McCallie's D needs a couple of turnovers ro win.

Believe me, 3yards, Memphis is definitely a loooong way! Made the trip there and back a couple of years ago when my son was a freshman to play Briarcrest in the same day! (He actually got in the game so the trip was well worth it!) However, we want a "W"!

Out of curiosity, BigRedDad, tell me about your kicker. You are slightly ahead in field goals but punting we are fairly equal. Does he have a good leg? My son is a long snapper so I tend to pay attention to the special teams!

Ok. I've done a quick review of the stats on TN Super Prep which run through Oct 17. While I am most definitely NOT a statistician, these were my observations.

I know it says the stats cover "through" the 10/17 games, but they don't. From what I can tell, they haven't changed since the games the week before. MUS played their 8th game on the 17th, but the stats show only 7 games. I think now's a good time to ask...when will they really update?

Believe me, 3yards, Memphis is definitely a loooong way! Made the trip there and back a couple of years ago when my son was a freshman to play Briarcrest in the same day! (He actually got in the game so the trip was well worth it!) However, we want a "W"!

Out of curiosity, BigRedDad, tell me about your kicker. You are slightly ahead in field goals but punting we are fairly equal. Does he have a good leg? My son is a long snapper so I tend to pay attention to the special teams!

Andrew Fletcher is our kicker. He is a junior and last year he was MVP in the State Championship game kicking 4 FG to beat BA. He consistantly puts kickoffs in the endzone, and his long FG is 50+ yards this year. Our punter is Fitz Lassing, we haven't had to punt a whole lot this season but he has uncorked a couple of 60+ yard punts.

The reason I said we have the edge in the kicking game is because of your game with EHS. Didn't you miss an extra point and a couple of FG's in that loss? That is the only game McCallie has played that we have gotten a lot of details about here in Nashville