IMAC (District 2 AAA) 2008-2009 Thread

raiderray

Greeneville over Cherokee 55-30

Barb,

Did you make it to Cherokee last night?

Cherokee/Greenville game got pretty ugly after a decent first quarter.

A couple of observations. Greenville may be down on talent compared to past few years, but they still have the great equalizer.....tough, in-your-face, fundamentally sound defense and board work. Be prepared if you dare cross the lane....all legal.....just good strong tough defense.

Cherokee has pleasantly surprised me in the early season. Many times playing three freshman along with the sophmore, Ryans. Have had success against Science Hill and West Greene, but are a little unpredictable as you might expect from their youth.

Last night early on, it seemed Greenville might have trouble with some of Cherokee's size from both Ryans and 6' + Freshman, Maddox. Once Greenville cranked up the defense a notch or two, it was over....Cherokee just didn't go up their with them....hopefully it's just youth and they keep getting stronger through the season. There is definitely potential there and the future is bright.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems pretty evident that you may hold a litlle grudge against a former player of yours. I believe you try and present well but in reality you cannot give her the credit she so well deserves. Check out the stats Rob. A draw???? Give me a break.

I would love to see the stats and if what they say is diffrent than what i saw i will be pleased to say i was wrong

Trottercoach thank you.

Hoopla thats the first time in years i read a post that actually hurt.Nothing could be farther from the truth.Ive sung Taylors praises on Coacht to anyone that would listen...I love the kid. I still talk to her family and am aware of no grudge nor would there be any reason to have one.

Barb,

Did you make it to Cherokee last night?

Cherokee/Greenville game got pretty ugly after a decent first quarter.

A couple of observations. Greenville may be down on talent compared to past few years, but they still have the great equalizer.....tough, in-your-face, fundamentally sound defense and board work. Be prepared if you dare cross the lane....all legal.....just good strong tough defense.

Cherokee has pleasantly surprised me in the early season. Many times playing three freshman along with the sophmore, Ryans. Have had success against Science Hill and West Greene, but are a little unpredictable as you might expect from their youth.

Last night early on, it seemed Greenville might have trouble with some of Cherokee's size from both Ryans and 6' + Freshman, Maddox. Once Greenville cranked up the defense a notch or two, it was over....Cherokee just didn't go up their with them....hopefully it's just youth and they keep getting stronger through the season. There is definitely potential there and the future is bright.

I didn't make it over last night for this one....the ol' man is in Vegas on business....yeah right....and I just didn't feel like driving over alone. Listened to part of it on the radio but somehow it just wasn't the same. Your assessment of Greeneville's D is good but I would not mind seeing them a little more aggressive underneath.

A couple of thoughts on last night's Mo West and CCHS game. Mo West is just relentless, with their size, speed and Hall crashing the boards they just keep coming and coming. On a hot shooting night and against a team that wants to run with them, they could crack 100.

I don't believe we are overrated. We already have three double digits wins (two away games and one neutral court) against District 1 (that would be 3 of the top 4 in the preseason coaches poll) and a win over Webb in a straight up scrimmage.

As with G'ville in years past and now with Mo West, when we play against a team better than us, we become very tentative and revert back to our undisciplined days. We scored very little on breaks or out of our offense last night with the exception of Allie in the 3rd quarter. When they adjusted and put Hall on her, we did not readjust. As with G'ville in the past, we play physically hard and try to keep it close - like last night a 3 point game with under a minute to go in the 3rd - but we just can't get over the top. I just believe this is mental challenge that we have yet to overcome against G'ville, districts tournament games and now Mo West.

I believe 4 points total last night from Courtney, Alex and Jalese off about about a 25 point combined average. While very athletic, this is not G'ville's shut you down 30 point a night defense - we had many 3-6 ft open looks. And we actually out rebounded them. So I have a bit of hope. But Mo West is very very good. While I am not the most seasoned girls basketball guru, I have watched a lot of AAA girls bball in the past 3+ years, and this is by far the best offensive team I have seen - at least 3 great scorers on the floor with a very good point guard.

A brief scouting report would be - make Fanny go left, rarely had the ball in her left hand even when penetrating; only send 4 offensive players to the board - someone has to account for Goins as she had 4 or 5 break away baskets where Hall rebounds takes a dribble and throws the ball to the basket to let Goins outrun everybody to the goal; easier said than done but allow Hall only one shot per possession, box her out, as she had 4-5 baskets on 2nd and 3rd shots. And then score in your offense as I don't believe you can out "defense" them. And when you go to Mo West, don't run with them as we tried to do, play a possession game. That's my 2 cents.

A point of reference - a reasonably officiated game though Wade could have had a T for standing in the middle of the floor questioning a call.

Also, lots of scouts in the house. I saw Walter State and LMU and was told Vandy was there, though I didn't see them.

I know this is a not a boys post, but I have a rules question about the boys game. In the boys JV game, the officials lost control of the game in the 4th quarter, and one official got in the face of the Mo West head varsity coach and from what I could tell was verbally abusive to the coach - I was on the other side of the court and have no idea what was said before and after the T. From the way it looked, the official lost it and T'd and then tossed the coach, who then bucked up and wouldn't leave until others coaxed him to leave. Here is my question - if tossed don't you have to miss a game? Do JV games not count, or does he have to miss a JV game? My question comes when I saw him coach the boys Varsity game and wondered why he was allowed to coach? Does it matter or not since it was a JV game not matter, and if it does then when? This is not b/c I am from CCHS and he is from Mo West, I am just curious about the rule and JV games.

I think you might get 1/2 of that to happen, TC!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

By the way, I am picking Cocke County at home over East, and Jeff on the road at Cherokee.

And, I am picking Greeneville to beat whomever they are playing at Tenn High tonight.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

OK YOU GUYS.... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Heck might be better if i kept my mouth shut.....doesnt take much for me to offend someone.

id love to get to see Cocke co and East tonight But our 9-10 yr old Rep Team plays tonight and if theres a bunch i dont want mad at me its the kids

Good luck to both teams Heck good luck to Greeneville tonight....(Wait there not playing MW are they?)

Hey Barb I spelled it correctly