IMAC (District 2 AAA) 2008-2009 Thread

raiderray

Well...I'm sure that Livesay would NEEEEEEEVER "wave off" an official...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

well he might have at one time or he may some time later but we are talking about this instance in particular again reference video. Just curious how peoples minds work. Sorry that it wasnt a big enough routing for some of you to admit the obvious infractions and that East fought a good game and refused to concede. To change the subject I still think West will dominate once they get there bearings. upcoming tournament should tell a big tale. By the way I was saying this back in the summer.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Statman seems to know all about it ill let him tell ya about it. No one from Cocke co chose to say anything about it they just took care of it on the court.

So dont be so quick to jump on them for the blowout.

Bill Curry the former Ky football coach was asked after a 50 point drubbing at the hands of tn if he thought it was unsportsmanlike. To which he replied"If you dont like what there doing to you....make em stop!

Statman seems to know all about it ill let him tell ya about it. No one from Cocke co chose to say anything about it they just took care of it on the court.

Bill Curry the former Ky football coach was asked after a 50 point drubbing at the hands of tn if he thought it was unsportsmanlike. To which he replied"If you dont like what there doing to you....make em stop!

Rob, my thought was that in two years, Depew, Buda, Scruggs, et al, are going to be gone. Ryans will be a senior, the current crop of Cherokke players that seem to be playing right now will be juniors, and then the shoe could be on the other foot.

So, either the coach doesn't care, or he doesn't plan on being there in two years. And I will throw this out for what it is worth....instead of inflicting payback for a supposed ( because noone has stated exactly what you are referring to) injustice from a previous year, why not set an example and play it the right way? Why not take the high road?? Or use the " We aren't going to lower ourselves to thier level" ploy (if in fact the injustice actually happened)?? What happened to sportsmanship?

Seems the more self confident coach would have taken a different tack. What example did he set for his players, and their fans? One last comment. If the startes were still playing in the 4th quarter (and pressing) of a one-sided game, what are the benchwarmers parents thinking?

Again, just my wandering thoughts....

well thank goodness for 2 cents........wont buy much! Livesay was waving orrick to get out and stop the ball earlier instead of reacting late...and east cut the lead to 10 in 3rd quarter(37-27) quite a bit past the tip....wanna see the tape? what you've heard and what you've been told... ha ha try watching and making your own assessments.

Let's get the video out. For your information, I was there and am making no assumptions from here say, got it, let's get that straight. Whine all you want, but from where I was sitting I saw the ref reporting his foul and Livesay waived him off to his face. It's not like Livesay has ever whined or waived an official off for a call he didn't like. But to do it to the refs face, come on, we all know what's coming next. To me that's showmanship of the coach. If Livesay thought they were still in the game, then it's a bonehead move on his part in getting the T......A good coach would never do that!!!

So next time you spout off, maybe you should watch the tape or know what you are talking about before making an UNBIASED assessment!!!! COACH..

Rob.....c'mon, if he had his starters in late in the fourth, pressing when they were up by 40 (as reported) that is unsportsmanlike and will eventually come back to nip him on the backside...I'm sure Bill Curry would have had a different attitude had he been coaching teenage girls basketball instead of the KENTUCKY WILDCATS.

I understand what your saying Ray and id like to make just a few points.

The folks i talked to that were at the game said Wade benched his starters early in the 4th or it would have been a 40 point spread.

I dont think Wade is going anywhere and for a first year coach hes doing great with the girls and for that reason im inclined to give him a pass on a few goofs with the press.

Im all about good sportsmanship.....but a good old fashion butt whooping on the court sends a message.One that in my opinion was needed here.

If your not from the community (im from knoxville myself ) you probably wouldnt appreciate Elvis night or free buddys barbq promotions......but the excitement level for the program is going thru the roof.

Im not saying Wade is Bruce Pearl but the surrounding SEC fans arent endeared to him either.

Im sure Coach Galyon has his detractors but that doesnt keep him from being a good coach to his girls.

I hope you can tell in my words there is no sarcasm just letting you know my feeling on the subject.

If youd like to email me or send me a message ill tell you whats its about i just dont think its my place to elaborate because im not the one offended.

Rob.....c'mon, if he had his starters in late in the fourth, pressing when they were up by 40 (as reported) that is unsportsmanlike and will eventually come back to nip him on the backside...I'm sure Bill Curry would have had a different attitude had he been coaching teenage girls basketball instead of the KENTUCKY WILDCATS.

From the teams he coached, there's not much difference in your analogy... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I think Bill Curry might have had some teenage girls playing football for him at the time.

Darn Vitale you beat me to it.... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />