IMAC (District 2 AAA) 2008-2009 Thread

raiderray

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elizabethton had control of the game for three quarters and built a 42-28 lead heading in to the fourth, even with Mariah Pietrowski sitting much of the third and fourth quarter saddled with four fouls. The three point shooting by East's #20 had kept East within striking distance. Leeper and Orrick cut lose in the fourth attacking the basket and Pietrowski had to back off to not commit her fifth foul. The fourth quarter was the "perfect storm" for East. It had turnovers, missed foul shots, bonehead calls, unlikely three point shots, and an excited crowd. East actually took a two point lead, and Elizabethton tied it on two free throws with five tenths of a second left to send it to overtime. The craziness continued in the overtime. East eventually won by one point on a free throw with five seconds left on a pretty iffy non shooting foul about forty feet from the basket. Elizabethton hit the front of the rim with a forty foot heave at the buzzer. It is hard to tell how good East is. They did not play well for three quarters, but looked pretty good in the fourth quarter and overtime. Orrick is strong underneath and Leeper is athletic and pretty tough when she takes the ball to the rim. The left handed #20 was the star this night hitting long threes. She probably hit five or six longballs, most uncontested by the Cyclones. I'll give East credit for their comeback win. They could have laid down and quit. The Lady Cyclones will live and learn and hopefully come back strong after the break. Go Cyclones!!!!!!

Elizabethton had control of the game for three quarters and built a 42-28 lead heading in to the fourth, even with Mariah Pietrowski sitting much of the third and fourth quarter saddled with four fouls. The three point shooting by East's #20 had kept East within striking distance. Leeper and Orrick cut lose in the fourth attacking the basket and Pietrowski had to back off to not commit her fifth foul. The fourth quarter was the "perfect storm" for East. It had turnovers, missed foul shots, bonehead calls, unlikely three point shots, and an excited crowd. East actually took a two point lead, and Elizabethton tied it on two free throws with five tenths of a second left to send it to overtime. The craziness continued in the overtime. East eventually won by one point on a free throw with five seconds left on a pretty iffy non shooting foul about forty feet from the basket. Elizabethton hit the front of the rim with a forty foot heave at the buzzer. It is hard to tell how good East is. They did not play well for three quarters, but looked pretty good in the fourth quarter and overtime. Orrick is strong underneath and Leeper is athletic and pretty tough when she takes the ball to the rim. The left handed #20 was the star this night hitting long threes. She probably hit five or six longballs, most uncontested by the Cyclones. I'll give East credit for their comeback win. They could have laid down and quit. The Lady Cyclones will live and learn and hopefully come back strong after the break. Go Cyclones!!!!!!

thank you for acknowledging #20 Hale (my kid /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> ) it was a tough game. questionable no-calls both ways but a rowdy environment also(makes it exciting and tests the girls metal) I really liked 33 for Elizabethton (hard working ball player) I think the foul late that you are refering to,purposful by the cyclones so they could direct the destiny of the game and not risk it by letting East have the last shot. I am proud that the girls had a strong 2nd half (a big change in the right direction)Both teams played hard and to the end, fitting the championship.

You are welcome and your daughter shot it well. The first foul Elizabethton commited was on purpose, as they had a foul to give. The one that sent Blaylock to the line for the winning free throw with 5.7 seconds left was not on purpose. She got a little close and was whistled for the foul, but she did not intend to commit it. #33 is Chelsea Bowling, our do a little of everything junior wing. Pietrowski normally leads the Cyclones. Jefferson, Bowling, Fritz, Kiser, and Powell are all also capable of having a big game on any given night. I like the Lady Cyclones chances of advancing pretty far down the road in the AA ranks. East has more of a challenge with Greeneville, West, and Cocke County, but they may be able to pull some upsets if they play like they played in the fourth quarter last night.

You are welcome and your daughter shot it well. The first foul Elizabethton commited was on purpose, as they had a foul to give. The one that sent Blaylock to the line for the winning free throw with 5.7 seconds left was not on purpose. She got a little close and was whistled for the foul, but she did not intend to commit it. #33 is Chelsea Bowling, our do a little of everything junior wing. Pietrowski normally leads the Cyclones. Jefferson, Bowling, Fritz, Kiser, and Powell are all also capable of having a big game on any given night. I like the Lady Cyclones chances of advancing pretty far down the road in the AA ranks. East has more of a challenge with Greeneville, West, and Cocke County, but they may be able to pull some upsets if they play like they played in the fourth quarter last night.

there was a couple of situations i would like clarified and I ask only for info not with lack of compassion. the two times that play was whistled dead because of an injured cyclone player. the first one stopped a 3 on 1 fast break (we dont get many of those) the other I understand because the defense was back and it didnt interupt the possibility of a fast break. was the first one the right call is what my question is. And please I'm not being discompassionate to the injured girl, i'm a parent also. I just know that in AAU the fast break would have been given the opportunity to finish.

I do not know the rule. I was ejected as a coach against Unicoi County a few years back. I went on the floor to assist an unconscious player with a broken arm, after she had been undercut on a layup and no foul was called. Unicoi was streaking down the court on a fast break, but my double technical stopped play. I think when a player is clearly hurt, play should stop.

I do not know the rule. I was ejected as a coach against Unicoi County a few years back. I went on the floor to assist an unconscious player with a broken arm, after she had been undercut on a layup and no foul was called. Unicoi was streaking down the court on a fast break, but my double technical stopped play. I think when a player is clearly hurt, play should stop.

I am curious because 2 years ago I had a girl go down and break an ankle on transition and the the resulting turnover was a fast break the other way and I was told play was not to stop until the fast break was stopped.

It was Cocke co over Heritage last night and I have my pick for courageous player of the year.Morgan Buda went down after a hard collision. Her nose was broken and it was early to mid 3rd qtr.She returned in the 4th to run her team broken nose and all.

Morgan ,your a warrior kiddo! Note to college coaches. I wouldnt worry about the size of this player. I would worry there is not enough court to contain this heart!

Merry Christmas to all the players, coaches and fans of the IMAC!!!!!

My Christmas gift to you, our posters and readers: A quote I always enjoyed from one of our beloved posters:

"Maybe the Hokey Pokey IS what it is all about!"

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Should know where the top 3 teams in the conference stand after this week, or perhaps tomorrow, in terms of competing at a high level.

At the Ladies Classic:

Morristown West plays Shelbyville (11:30)

Cocke County plays Wilson Central (2:30)

Greeneville plays Sycamore (5:30)

Cherokee is playing in a tournament in Kentucky.

Jefferson County playing at Lenoir City.

Morristown East is off until the New Year (If their schedule is correct on here, they will have something like a 16-day layoff between games).

Should know where the top 3 teams in the conference stand after this week, or perhaps tomorrow, in terms of competing at a high level.

At the Ladies Classic:

Morristown West plays Shelbyville (11:30)

Cocke County plays Wilson Central (2:30)

Greeneville plays Sycamore (5:30)

Cherokee is playing in a tournament in Kentucky.

Jefferson County playing at Lenoir City.

Morristown East is off until the New Year (If their schedule is correct on here, they will have something like a 16-day layoff between games).

Morristown West is leading Shelbyville 36-24 early in the fourth quarter