IMAC (District 2 AAA) 2008-2009 Thread

raiderray

How did CC hold Dickson? We would all like to know what he strategy was.

any idea who mught have made a formal complaint to tssaa about east assitant coach carrying the head duties during games? just curious ? Nut that its a big deal cause the girls won a Tough one at Cherokee despite this. Are we that desirous of winning that underminding other programs that are willing to put ego aside to formulate any form of motivation and harmony is considered fair play? Congrats to busy bodies"didnt work"

on another note congrats to CC great bunch of kids and a good program, good job to Wade getting it out of them.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trotter Coach seems Cherokee has gone to TSSAA with beefs before.......Id check them first.

Ghsfan......Foul Imbalance?......Were you even at the game?.

Maybe ya got hold of some bad mushrooms at the beanbarn.

Depew took a charge(NOTE I SAID CHARGE)from Dixon last night and popped up smiling. Dixon lowered her head and shoulder and ran thru her like Tebow going for a first down.

I had heard alot about Coach Crumbley but i thought she retained her poise and coached her team.

Both coaches had a defensive chess match going and from a fans point a view it was fun to watch the intensity in a packed gym.

I think it is intresting that a Greeneville fan is complaining about a Lady Geene Devil getting knocked around. Coach Crumbly over the past 3 years has established the threshold for phyiscal play, especially on the defense end. It is a well know fact in the conference that when you play Greeneville, you are going to go home bruised up. The past two years have seen an escalation of the physiical play by all our teams, to the point when I see our IMAC teams out of conference, the opposing fans are constantly compaining about our physical play.

The unfortuunate part is I firmly believe we have a bunch of referees working this conference who cannot figure out how to call this new level of physical play. So you get inconsistancy, between the various refs in the same game, and between games. So then you get frustration on the part of some players, to the point where it could be very dangerous on the court.

I am not condemming the physical play, because if you watch a women's college game, that is how it is played, especially at the higher levels. The problem is the poor job of being consistent by the refs. I have seen enough basketball, and have been associated with it at the coaching level (AAU) to know that the ladies react and adjust to a well called game. The problem comes when the calls are not the same throughout a game. The other problem I have with the refs is that some are obviously intimidated by selected coaches in our league. Combine that with the inabaility to call the game as it is being played, and you have bad officiating.

The GreenEVILle fans are going to have to reconcile themselves to the fact that the fans of this league, and many of the posters on here, have watched too many games played in Greeneville where the HOME team has gotten an abundabce of calls, or worse yet, have NOT gotten called for obvious fouls, and now that the tables are turned a little, and things are not as rosy in Greeneville, there is going to be some chirping on here and in the stands about thier misfortune.

The talent on some of the other teams has caught up to Greeneville's level, while I think Greeneville's level is not as stong as it has been the past 4 years. The mystique, as LadyRed Fan has been talking about, is not there any more. Will it be different for Cocke County at Greeneville? Probably. But the Lady Red will be playing that game with the knowledge that they have done it now. I think it is unlikely (barring a major injury) that West slips to 2nd, so it likely sets up a Greeneville / Cocke County showdown in Dumplin Valley for the chance to host a regional game. And should Greeneville lose that game, that means all Regional games on the road for Greeneville!

I asked earlier if anyone envisioned a different 2nd half than what we have seen in the first half? Cocke County could start a trend next week against West. I have experienced Homecoming at the Hen House. Even without Coach W promotions, it is a packed, LOUD house. Add to it a possible battle for 1st place and it will become an eye opener for West, to be sure. Plus the homecoming activities are quite nice!!!!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

If you are curious aout what I edited, I have underlined where I edited. RR.

West could very well lose next Friday. They have 3 games next week--Sullivan South on Monday, Bruiser South Green on Thursday, and Killer Cocke on Friday. They will be exhausted on Friday unless Johnyy does more liberal subbing than he has been lately. They played 3 games last week as well along with practice today.

Can you say TIRED?

/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Not complaining raiderray...just stating facts in response to tuffy's question. We don't mind...chirp away...we are used to it. I heard one of the Lady Devils' moms saying last night that we're the Kermit the Frog team..."it's not easy being GREEN." Get as much as you can get in though cause I have a feeling you're gonna miss us when we're gone next year. And we also are going to miss the spirited competition. I hope we are able to set up some out of conference games with most of you all.

Rob, yes I was there. Right in the middle of the visitor's section, surrounded by all those Cocke County fans. What's up with that anyway? There was a whole section empty on the CC side. Don't they like sitting on their teams side or are they all living in the past and want to sit in the student section? At the end of the first quarter the team fouls were 6 - 2. At the end of the third quarter it was 6 - 1. It did finally even up with everyone in the double bonus by the end of the game but by that time, our key players were in big foul trouble. I'm sure that was the plan, though. We committed every one of those fouls...I'm just saying that the same amount or more were committed by CC and not called. Regardless, we should have overcome that on our own and didn't.

The rest of the season this year has gotten very interesting!

I think it is intresting that a Greeneville fan is complaining about a Lady Geene Devil getting knocked around. Coach Crumbly over the past 3 years has established the threshold for phyiscal play, especially on the defense end. It is a well know fact in the conference that when you play Greeneville, you are going to go home bruised up. The past two years have seen an escalation of the physiical play, to the point when I see our IMAC teams out of conference, the opposing fans are constantly compaining about our physical play.

Excellent observaiton on the increased physical play in the IMAC. Also much improved and more competitive teams in IMAC now....maybe there is a relationship.

I do have to say though that as physical as Greeneville plays, I think their physical play fits within what I would call "basketball contact". Hard box outs, contact in the paint when someone is attempting to cross the lane, aggressive pursuit of loose balls....this type contact fits in the game nicely and I like to see it.

The physical play that involves intentional hard fouls, extended arm shoving, and the dreaded intentional elbow "targeted" at a jaw is not so welcome however, and I have to say I haven't seen much of that from Greeneville.

That excuse doesnt fly ghs.......Cocke co had more players in foul trouble than you did.

I know its hard to be at the top for so long..... You start feeling bullitproof.......and when the reallity of close competition sits in its hard not to feel like the victim........and i feel your pain ive been there....and i too had to learn from it and figure out the whole world wasnt out to get us......just half the state /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Last i checked Cocke co doesnt have assigned seating you can sit anywhere ya want.

Statman i dont need to let anything go ,just simply stating cherokee has a history of going to the TSSAA before playing an opponent or so i ive been told on good authority.

And for what its worth Ray is soooo correct.

Here further west we have one of those places to play Its called Oakridge. Oakridge has outstanding talent and a great coach but when you go there...expect to play 6.....its just the way it is.

Actually she might have got her 20, but how many of it was in the 1st half? Where was she at when it was crunch time? & no she didnt get knocked around, if you honestly thought that was getting knocked around last night you dont know basketball. If it was not for her being on that team i would really hate to see how bad that team would be.

uuuuhhhhh...yeah...she did get beat up but she is such a big girl, she takes her licks without much fanfare. But, that's pretty unkind and uninformed if you think the rest of the team is bad. They just had a bad night...every team has those occaisionally.

Incidentally, to all of those crowing about what a great win it was, I don't know if you noticed it but there was a very sad young lady in dress clothes on the bench for GHS that could have, check that, WOULD have made a huge difference last night. In a close contest like this, not having one of your starters, highest scorers and best rebounders had to have had an impact. I believe CC experienced something similar last year. At full strength and health, GHS is an awesome team with Nicole and without her.

uuuuhhhhh...yeah...she did get beat up but she is such a big girl, she takes her licks without much fanfare. But, that's pretty unkind and uninformed if you think the rest of the team is bad. They just had a bad night...every team has those occaisionally.

Incidentally, to all of those crowing about what a great win it was, I don't know if you noticed it but there was a very sad young lady in dress clothes on the bench for GHS that could have, check that, WOULD have made a huge difference last night. In a close contest like this, not having one of your starters, highest scorers and best rebounders had to have had an impact. I believe CC experienced something similar last year. At full strength and health, GHS is an awesome team with Nicole and without her.

As much as I love our little devilettes, I don't think the guard play is what its been in previous seasons...with or without Kelly. I think the girls would be unstoppable if someone would step up @ pg and take care of the ball.

West could very well lose next Friday. They have 3 games next week--Sullivan South on Monday, Bruiser South Green on Thursday, and Killer Cocke on Friday. They will be exhausted on Friday unless Johnyy does more liberal subbing than he has been lately. They played 3 games last week as well along with practice today.

Can you say TIRED?

/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

how bout you do all west fans a favor and dont worry so much about their substitution patterns. sounds to me like your daughter is not getting enough playing time which is the basis of your complaint. they are 15-1 last time i checked. they are doing pretty good it seems with the current rotation of players. go west!

As much as I love our little devilettes, I don't think the guard play is what its been in previous seasons...with or without Kelly. I think the girls would be unstoppable if someone would step up @ pg and take care of the ball.

Greeneville needs someone like Devan McIntyre to assist with the ball handling. Devan was very clutch with the ball last year, taking some of the pressure off of Ramsey.