• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonight:

Cherokee at Greeneville

Jefferson County at Morristown East

Morristown West at Cocke County

Greeneville wins despite the injuries, because, gosh /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> the game is in Greeneville!

I think Jeff County pulls out a tough one at East, although I think East will be heavily motivated to win this one.

I believe I will take West in a squeaker at the Hen House. I think it is likely that the Lady Red will be too fired up, and West gets an early lead, and some CC ladies get in foul trouble. The Lady Trojans will have to have lots of poise, becasue it will be hot (despite the sub freezing temps outside) inside, and the fans will be rowdy. Trojan fans, if you want a good seat, I would get there before the JV boys game is at halftime.

Good health to everyone!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Tonight:

Cherokee at Greeneville

Greeneville wins despite the injuries, because, gosh /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> the game is in Greeneville!

I think Jeff County pulls out a tough one at East, although I think East will be heavily motivated to win this one.

I believe I will take West in a squeaker at the Hen House. I think it is likely that the Lady Red will be too fired up, and West gets an early lead, and some CC ladies get in foul trouble. The Lady Trojans will have to have lots of poise, becasue it will be hot (despite the sub freezing temps outside) inside, and the fans will be rowdy. Trojan fans, if you want a good seat, I would get there before the JV boys game is at halftime.

Good health to everyone!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Greeneville by 12

East by 3

West by 10

Good luck and God bless

Tonight:

Cherokee at Greeneville

Good health to everyone!

I hope and expect Cocke County to win, because, gosh /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> the game is at Cocke County ... Serioulsy, though I hope you're right about Greeneville. The loss of Kelley and Story to injuries has been hard to overcome. I know they have the talent within the program ... the talent just has to know it and step up...Good luck and health to everyone as well.

Should be a great fun night in the "henhouse" regardless whether or not we win. It terms of "moments" of getting to play in a great environment, it does not happen very often. Should be fun.

To win, the Lady Red will have to stop Mo West's transition game. Somehow South Greene has - getting games in 40's and 50's. Can't let Goins get behind our defensive for any reason. Can't let the their press cause turnovers and force us into making mistake prone passes. Can't let Hall rebound and drive the length of the court to the bucket or dish to Smith or Watson for 3. Can't leave Smith or Watson open for the 3. Can't let Fanney or Goins drive around us. Can't let Hall take over the game. That is all an impossible order. We must pick our poison but we must take away something.

We must also score. My wife always thinks that is a dumb statement - we have to score. But my thinking is that Mo West has so many offensive options that we are going to have to match their scoring to some degree. I think a magic number is 55-60. The more we can keep them under 60 the better chance we have, the more over 60 they get, the less chance we have. We will have looks, good looks tonight. We have put it in. Also, we are not a good 3 point shooting team. We need a couple tonight to match their 3-5 per game. Shannon must be consistent, Morgan must score and have less than 5 turnovers, and we need a major 3rd scorer tonight - Courtney, Alex, Jaleese or Alley.

I have a couple of hopes and a couple of fears. My hopes: 1) Shannon can match Hall. She could pass the 1000 career point total tonight; and 2) they can't match our posts in Jaleese and Alley - Jaleese b/c of her very quick first step and Alley b/c of her size. My fears: 1) fouls, especially Shannon, not necessarily for points, but for all the things she does; and 2) getting behind big early and then forcing everything in trying to come back. A tendency for this team is to get down early and come back. Against upper level teams, we can't come back, i.e - Mo West and Wilson Central. And actually a third fear, it seems that Mo West's defense has improved - holding teams into the 30's since we last played them. Could be a problem, as we are a good, maybe a very good offensive team, but not a great one.

I hope that with 4 minutes to go, it is a 3-4 point game and Shannon and Taylor are not in foul trouble and the refs are calling a consistent game. If so, we will be treated to some great girls basketball.

Hope Goins can play and everyone stays healthy.

To all "fans" - on both sides - behave and enjoy the moments.

TC - would that be a three by a certain Hale girl? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

/hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> wheew dont know about that...........but i might grin if it did happen that way! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Mo West pulled out the victory tonight over CCHS 64-50!

It was a packed house tonight, standing room only. With the Lady Red wearing the Pink Uni's you could feel the intensity in the gym during warm up's.

In the first half CCHS came out like they usually do, really flat & made a ton of turnover's, missed alot of easy layup's & free throw's. While Mo West came out knocking down wide open 3's left & right. Mo West went into halftime with a 10 point lead.

In the second half the Lady Red came out fired up & made some great run's to cut the lead down to 3 at one point. Now i have been on here reading post people have put about how horrible the IMAC ref's are & tonight was'nt any different. The Hall girl for West was climbing the back's of Lady Red defender's all night after rebound's but the stripe's refused to call anything! Mid 4th quarter the Lady Red cut the lead down to 4 point's West turn the ball over & CCHS came racing down the court, a charge was called on CCHS ( which it was NOT a charge!! An offensive player must have room to come down after leaping in the air for a rebound or a pass. A CCHS player jumped in the air to catch a pass as she turned her head in air to come down Hall set up for a charge while she was in the air right under neath her ) as soon as the ref turned to make the foul call to the score's table he T'd Wester up for arguing the call which in turn lost all momentum for CCHS & from that point on foul after foul after foul was called on CCHS therefore giving you the 14 point win by Mo West.

I would really like to be able to go to ONE game in the IMAC confere & be able to see a well ref'd game. I have been going to IMAC game's for year's & they seem to be getting worse & worse.

It was a packed house tonight, standing room only. With the Lady Red wearing the Pink Uni's you could feel the intensity in the gym during warm up's.

In the first half CCHS came out like they usually do, really flat & made a ton of turnover's, missed alot of easy layup's & free throw's. While Mo West came out knocking down wide open 3's left & right. Mo West went into halftime with a 10 point lead.

In the second half the Lady Red came out fired up & made some great run's to cut the lead down to 3 at one point. Now i have been on here reading post people have put about how horrible the IMAC ref's are & tonight was'nt any different. The Hall girl for West was climbing the back's of Lady Red defender's all night after rebound's but the stripe's refused to call anything! Mid 4th quarter the Lady Red cut the lead down to 4 point's West turn the ball over & CCHS came racing down the court, a charge was called on CCHS ( which it was NOT a charge!! An offensive player must have room to come down after leaping in the air for a rebound or a pass. A CCHS player jumped in the air to catch a pass as she turned her head in air to come down Hall set up for a charge while she was in the air right under neath her ) as soon as the ref turned to make the foul call to the score's table he T'd Wester up for arguing the call which in turn lost all momentum for CCHS & from that point on foul after foul after foul was called on CCHS therefore giving you the 14 point win by Mo West.

I would really like to be able to go to ONE game in the IMAC confere & be able to see a well ref'd game. I have been going to IMAC game's for year's & they seem to be getting worse & worse.

For once, I thought the game was called fairly well by the officials. When you don't notice them out there, they have done a good job.

Your arguments about Taylor 'climbing the backs of the lady Red all night' are not true. Hall just happens to be a great athlete that outjumped the girls from CCHS all night. Plain and simple. She leaped higher for the rebounds and got them. It's not over the back when you're not touching them, and if there was contact, it was initiated by CCHS adjusting to where the rebound went. Ask Coach Wester, he said he couldn't believe Hall's ability to know exactly where rebounds were going.

Also, when the CCHS bench was T'd up, I believe it was on the bench and not Wade. Wester turned his back and I believe the assistant coach Briggs got the call.

And, West had a 52-43 lead when Taylor went to the line for the technical foul shots, so your commment about the fouls running the score up are untrue. West led by 9 at the time, and Hall made both FTs to make it 11. The Lady Trojans won by 14.

jmoore are you sure you aren't from Greeneville? You sound just like them after losing. Why must you make excuses and blame the game on the referees? How many turnovers did CC have? How many free throws did they miss? How many wide open shots did they miss? Maybe ptssportwriter can chime in on this.... I simply don't like it when people make excuses.....human error is part of the game...(that's if the refs were as bad as you say) and I take what people say about the officiating with a grain of salt because 99 percent of people have no clue as to what they are talking about and are "homers"......don't be a "homer" and make excuses as to why you lost........If MW and CC play 10 times....MW wins 9 of them...CC is a good team....MW is simply the the better team!

If Cocke County is looking for anyone to blame - I dont think they can. They made mistakes, but for that Cocke County team - they're going to have to play a perfect game to beat Morristown West.

Too many missed close shots (19-of-43 from 2), too many turnovers (19), not enough three-point shots (1-of-9). CCHS actually outrebounded West High by my count (36-30), but West High had too many offensive boards and second chance points.

Outside of the box score, their offensive execution - especially in the first half, was non existent. If Buda wasn't getting to the basket, which she did on 3-4 occasions, there wasnt much in terms of a set play. With a 5-10 player who's among the 3 best players in the league (Depew) and a good moving post (Pruitt) and a 6-3 girl inside with Sprouse, they have a mis-match on most any team they face; they just dont utilize it.

Taylor Hall is a legit D1 prospect. Thirty-two points, 13 rebounds, and her ability to just see the game is incredible. West is a good team without her, they are at another level with her. I dont think she's the kind of player who likes losing a lot, however - i think the girls at West had some motivation coming into this one.

dick vitale said it well above... CC is a good team, but MW is simply better. I thought the 22-point win at West was a misnomer, and said that West was probably 8-12 points better. Tonight it was 14 (take out the two technical free-throws and it's 12).

This Cocke County team is capable of playing this West team two more times; but they'll have to learn from this game, improve from it and get better at a lot of aspects - or they'll be losing to Greeneville in the district semifinals and going to Dobyns-Bennett or Tennessee High in a regional quarterfinal.

If Cocke County is looking for anyone to blame - I dont think they can. They made mistakes, but for that Cocke County team - they're going to have to play a perfect game to beat Morristown West.

Too many missed close shots (19-of-43 from 2), too many turnovers (19), not enough three-point shots (1-of-9). CCHS actually outrebounded West High by my count (36-30), but West High had too many offensive boards and second chance points.

Outside of the box score, their offensive execution - especially in the first half, was non existent. If Buda wasn't getting to the basket, which she did on 3-4 occasions, there wasnt much in terms of a set play. With a 5-10 player who's among the 3 best players in the league (Depew) and a good moving post (Pruitt) and a 6-3 girl inside with Sprouse, they have a mis-match on most any team they face; they just dont utilize it.

Taylor Hall is a legit D1 prospect. Thirty-two points, 13 rebounds, and her ability to just see the game is incredible. West is a good team without her, they are at another level with her. I dont think she's the kind of player who likes losing a lot, however - i think the girls at West had some motivation coming into this one.

dick vitale said it well above... CC is a good team, but MW is simply better. I thought the 22-point win at West was a misnomer, and said that West was probably 8-12 points better. Tonight it was 14 (take out the two technical free-throws and it's 12).

This Cocke County team is capable of playing this West team two more times; but they'll have to learn from this game, improve from it and get better at a lot of aspects - or they'll be losing to Greeneville in the district semifinals and going to Dobyns-Bennett or Tennessee High in a regional quarterfinal.

Thanks PTS for your report. From the posts, I was surprised that I didn't see anything about the Goins girl from MW like usual so it sounds like a Hall show last night in Newport.