IMAC (District 2 AAA) 2008-2009 Thread

raiderray

Just throwing this possibility out there...because would like to get thoughts on this. Is it possible that this week's schedule might play into the hands of Morristown West?

Stop and think for a minute..humor me..if you will...Cocke County has to sit all week in class, in practice, and at home listening to everyone praising them for beating Greeneville. GREAT WIN, by the way. Congrats to them. They also have a week to see and hear about all the bells and whistles that will be going on Friday night. We are also dealing with teenagers...that's always a factor no matter the maturity level.

Morristown West meanwhile, has to be focused and ready to play three solid teams this week. I think, even though it will be a very physical contest with South Greene, the fact that the Lady Trojans play the Lady Rebels Thursday night will allow West to keep their minds off the big game.

It may in fact become an advantage because they don't really get a chance to think about the game with Cocke County. I also believe there will be more pressure on the Lady Red because they just knocked off Greeneville for the first time since the Reagan administration. Morristown West has the high spot and someone has to knock them off to claim it. So, I think the crowd, the bells and whistles, and all the hype may put a little more pressure on the Lady Red. Again, that is just MY opinion. Also, I'm not saying the Lady Red will play bad or anything of the sort. Just saying that this week's schedule for West may not be the armageddon some are making it out to be.

Another thing...I believe the starters will get plenty of rest. They play Sullivan South Monday night who lost to Sullivan East (a team West beat 82-37 and was up 24-0 on). IF the Lady Trojans can have a similar start to the game with South, that will allow Johnny's "Seven" to get a much needed rest. And even though SGHS beat West by 1 in the Greene Bank Classic, West High does own a 27 point victory in Morristown.

Just my personal thoughts. I look forward to a great, hard-hitting matchup between the two. Cocke County will be ready after that stinging loss in Morristown. And the Lady Trojans are ready to once again defend their start and stature in the conference.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I probably should let this one go, but can't. There was another girl in street clothes Friday night, who has not played all season, and told the Lady Red girls in the locker room before the G'ville game, if she could, she would be happy to trade places with any of them. Being a senior and a two year starter, she desperately wanted to be on the floor for that game. She would have struggled with the quickness of a Mo West, but in the defensive struggle with G'ville she would have be in the thick of it. Kelsey's recovery is progressing, she is about a month from beginning to run.

That's got to be so tough especially as a senior to have to sit and watch a big game. Best wishes to her and her recovery.

Just throwing this possibility out there...because would like to get thoughts on this. Is it possible that this week's schedule might play into the hands of Morristown West?

Another thing...I believe the starters will get plenty of rest. They play Sullivan South Monday night who lost to Sullivan East (a team West beat 82-37 and was up 24-0 on). IF the Lady Trojans can have a similar start to the game with South, that will allow Johnny's "Seven" to get a much needed rest. And even though SGHS beat West by 1 in the Greene Bank Classic, West High does own a 27 point victory in Morristown.

Just my personal thoughts. I look forward to a great, hard-hitting matchup between the two. Cocke County will be ready after that stinging loss in Morristown. And the Lady Trojans are ready to once again defend their start and stature in the conference.

I edited your quote in the interest of space /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Good points. Jeff County had a good stretch last year, and then had a week layoff, and I think that hurt them, as they did not play well after that. My only concern, if I was a MW fan (and I am not) would be that playing a physical ( I think scrappy was the politically correct term someone else used recently) team like South Greene could casue some problems being carried over to Friday. Bruises, aches, etc.

That was me!!! I said that they won my "scappy team" of the tourny award!! I went on to say that they had impressed me the most of any team I watched, never dreaming they would beat us. I'll never do that again-lesson learned!

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

That was me!!! I said that they won my "scappy team" of the tourny award!! I went on to say that they had impressed me the most of any team I watched, never dreaming they would beat us. I'll never do that again-lesson learned!

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

West could have kind of like an on/off scenarion against south greene and CCHS. It's gonna be two hard games in two nights. One night the shots may fall and the other night they may not. They could play sloppy against South Greene then come out on fire against CCHS or vice versa. I don't think the Lady Red are gonna sit on the Greeneville win because they are good at avenging their losses or bad play in a game. They will be focused on this Morristown West game because they lost by double digits earlier this season, similiar to the Science Hill loss perharps. West is a very good and deep team so CCHS will have to find help off the bench and a third scorer to go with Buda and Depew whether its Courtney, Alex, Jaleese, or Allie.

AP Poll is Out

Class AAA

Record Pts Prv.

1. Memphis Central (13) 13-1 153 1

2. Hillsboro 13-1 117 3

3. Morristown West (2) 15-1 112 T4

4. Oak Ridge (1) 14-2 106 T4

T5. Mt. Juliet 15-1 74 8

T5. Wilson Central 13-3 74 6

7. Millington 17-2 67 7

8. Riverdale 14-3 48 2

9. White Station 16-2 37 9

10. Brentwood 14-2 30 10

Others receiving 12 or more points: Cocke County 21, Walker Valley 19, Clarksville 16, White County 14.

Just a note...

I know everyone in the conference knows of Wade Wester's promotions at Cocke County - ranging from the crazy to the free-food types.

However, Friday night... He's got a good one on a serious note.

It's Breast Cancer Awareness night. The team is dressing in white/pink uniforms. All Cancer survivors will be honored before the game in a ceremony. I believe some proceeds will also be donated.

Wade's mother herself is a survivor, so it's near to his heart.

Just a note...

I know everyone in the conference knows of Wade Wester's promotions at Cocke County - ranging from the crazy to the free-food types.

However, Friday night... He's got a good one on a serious note.

It's Breast Cancer Awareness night. The team is dressing in white/pink uniforms. All Cancer survivors will be honored before the game in a ceremony. I believe some proceeds will also be donated.

Wade's mother herself is a survivor, so it's near to his heart.

Great promotion for a great cause. Most everybody knows someone close that has been affected by cancer. Girls will be very excited for this game. Should be a loud and packed house much like last Friday!

Good for Wade, just when you think he is about 1/2 crazy (still a good coach) he goes out and does something I really can get teary eyed about.

Maybe this will help contribute to a trend in this positive "lets help other people" direction.

May I add that in Greeneville, They have the "Stephen Brimer Invitational" wrestling tournament. Stevie was the son of Coach Bill Brimer who passed away from cancer at age 14 after a 9-10 year battle with it. A major portion of the gate goes to the McDonald Opportunity House program.

The Cocke County wrestling team always participates in this tourney. Thank you.

Great promotion for a great cause. Most everybody knows someone close that has been affected by cancer. Girls will be very excited for this game. Should be a loud and packed house much like last Friday!

Friday night could be standing room only, especially with the CCHS band taking up some seats & it being homecoming. People better get there early.