IMAC (District 2 AAA) 2008-2009 Thread

raiderray

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question about Livesay and East. I have heard that at the beginning of the games he states the Bruce is the head coach and then Bruce is allowed to coach as long as he keeps doing that. I guess that is ok??

Also, why did he say that he had a "young team" last week or so in the paper? East is anything but young except the point guard. You have the entire team which is mostly junuiors and seniors AND the team is huge!! You have a bunch of brutes out there. You have Hale, Leeper, Orrick, and the sometimes dirty player (ha ha) in Blaylock. What is not jelling in that team??

I have a question about Livesay and East. I have heard that at the beginning of the games he states the Bruce is the head coach and then Bruce is allowed to coach as long as he keeps doing that. I guess that is ok??

Also, why did he say that he had a "young team" last week or so in the paper? East is anything but young except the point guard. You have the entire team which is mostly junuiors and seniors AND the team is huge!! You have a bunch of brutes out there. You have Hale, Leeper, Orrick, and the sometimes dirty player (ha ha) in Blaylock. What is not jelling in that team??

Not Jelling? playing hard supportive of each other. best jell East has had in 3 years that I know of. Livesay lets Ricky communicate and motivate as he evaluates and critiques. I see it as putting ego aside for the team. A rare virtue IMO. A bunch of brutes now that is just hilarious!rotflmao /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Leeper lone senior (starts)

4 juniors

Hale (starts)

Orrick (starts)

Blaylock (starts) (why when folks talk about other teams is it dirty player?)

Blanken (didnt play last year)

1 sophmore (2 are out with injuries)

Rechtenwald

3 freshmen

Wills

Hensley (starts)

Turner

Did I just read that Sullivan East, a sub-500 team, beat MW at MW, the #4 team in the State? Someone please explain.

My apologies ladyredfan, I posted the score that was reported in the Kingsport Times News this morning. I assume they mixed this score up with the Morristown East game like trottercoach said. If anyone does know the final score, please enter it.

See- no young team. My question on the jelling is that with the individual talent alone you should be 3-0 not 0-3. So what is not working?

not young compared to who?? only 4 players with previous varsity experience. 3-0? you think that we should have beat West??? or Cocke county? and I'll give you Jefferson. They beat Sevierville last night and a good Elizabethton team over break and won the Volunteer classic for first time? There is not any underlying decension.....things are on a good swing and the girls are keeping a positive attitude while staying self aware.

I guess a good question is where exactly are you going with this subject.

Not young compared to us, not young compared to Jeff County, not young compared to Cherokee, don't think that Gville is any older than you, and yes, I think you could do better against Cocke County. Your starters except for Hensley all play AAU just like every other team.

Who won the Gville East game and how did Jeff Co. do?

Not young compared to us, not young compared to Jeff County, not young compared to Cherokee, don't think that Gville is any older than you, and yes, I think you could do better against Cocke County. Your starters except for Hensley all play AAU just like every other team.

Who won the Gville East game and how did Jeff Co. do?

Greeneville won big (66-28) at East with the starters only playing a total of about a quarter and a half, if that. Not sure what's up with MoEast...they just seemed uncharacteristically out of sync. In any event, we got to see our talented 2nd team in action. (Sophs and a very talented Freshman) They were agressive and yet still disciplined in true GHS fashion on defense and fun to watch on offense as their confidence was boosted with all that playing time. They are going to be exciting to watch over the next couple of years!

My apologies ladyredfan, I posted the score that was reported in the Kingsport Times News this morning. I assume they mixed this score up with the Morristown East game like trottercoach said. If anyone does know the final score, please enter it.

Morristown West beat Sullivan East 82-37. That is the official score from the game. West High outscored Sullivan East 21-0 in the first quarter, and had a 24-0 lead before the Lady Patriots scored their first point..at the FT line.

They followed that up with a win over Cherokee, 63-22.

West has now outscored their last two opponents 40-3 in the first qtr.