IMAC (District 2 AAA) 2008-2009 Thread

raiderray

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's final Morristown West 58 Greeneville 55.

Great game! What a nerve-wracking dog fight! Turnovers and foul shots in the 4th quarter were the difference. I think Greeneville showed it can play with and pull away from West. GHS led much of the game (as much as 11 at one point in the first half)...just need to finish. The Hall/Dickson matchup was fun to watch but it was interesting to see others on both teams stepping up. These teams are very evenly matched and I'm looking forward to the next time they play.

However, I'm still not expecting any respect for GHS' effort by those outside Greeneville...i.e the media.

Im jumping thrds here. I was at the game last night and had several observations. First, West has some ball hogs in on its team. Hall said after the game that "they didn't play like a team in the first half"--first half of what, the year? I noticed at Happy Valley that Galyon doesn't use his whole team like he should. He is letting two people run his entire offense and when those two have a bad day--in other words get out of AA and A and run up against people their own size instead of staying down in AA with us--it took a whole half to get the rest of the team going.

I have kept up with West after my team's drumming at the HV tourney, watching to see if he would change his style, but he hasn't. Dickson ate Hall's lunch--Dicksn scored 29?? on her and Hall didn't score a single basket in the second half. She also turned the ball over 5 times. If it weren't for Fanney, May, and Smith, who have been almost silent all year in the face of the two hogs, they would have lost the game.

If I was the rest of the IMAC and Shelbyville at the Greenebank Classic, I would shut down Hall, which can be done as we have seen, and force Johny to try and utilize the rest of the team which hasn't been used all year. They will lose, I guarantee you.

So your saying Taylor Hall had all of her 23 points in the first half?.......wow.

I would not call 29 to 23 points eating someones lunch. If you have a go to player that can score it just makes sense to put the ball in her hands.

Sounds like sour grapes because someones little hunny isnt getting there points. Careful Morristown West if you let that crap get started you can forget the success your capable off.

Im jumping thrds here. I was at the game last night and had several observations. First, West has some ball hogs in on its team. Hall said after the game that "they didn't play like a team in the first half"--first half of what, the year? I noticed at Happy Valley that Galyon doesn't use his whole team like he should. He is letting two people run his entire offense and when those two have a bad day--in other words get out of AA and A and run up against people their own size instead of staying down in AA with us--it took a whole half to get the rest of the team going.

I have kept up with West after my team's drumming at the HV tourney, watching to see if he would change his style, but he hasn't. Dickson ate Hall's lunch--Dicksn scored 29?? on her and Hall didn't score a single basket in the second half. She also turned the ball over 5 times. If it weren't for Fanney, May, and Smith, who have been almost silent all year in the face of the two hogs, they would have lost the game.

If I was the rest of the IMAC and Shelbyville at the Greenebank Classic, I would shut down Hall, which can be done as we have seen, and force Johny to try and utilize the rest of the team which hasn't been used all year. They will lose, I guarantee you.

Here are the stats from last nights game from the Greeneville newspaper. I assume the ballhogs you're referring to are Hall and Goins. Hall Takes 8 shots and Goins 6. Granted both took more shots but Goins only shoots 2 free throws so only one more shoot. Hall takes 17 free throws so you had to take several more shoots but she hits 15 out of 17 free throws also. She is their go to player so naturally she'll get more shots than anyone else most nights. Granted he has several options (what a great problem) but as the season rolls along I'm sure you'll see all the girls contribute more than just great defense, setting picks, ball handling, and all the other things that don't show up on the stat sheet. Nicole usually eats most peoples lunch but in this case with a 28 to 23 margin. I think it was more of a Happy Meal instead of a full meal. BTW I have no affiliation(spell?) with either team just a IMAC girls fan in general. Will they go undefeated? Highly unlikely. Lady Devils and a few others will have a lot to say about that. How many teams will? NOT MANY!!!!

Morristown West (58): Taylor Hall 4-8 15-17 23, Goins 3-6 0-2 6, May 0-2 0-0 0, Watson 1-4 0-0 3, Smith 3-7 0-2 9, L.Hall 0-1 0-0 0, Jones 2-2 1-1 5, Megan Fanney 3-4 4-5 12. Totals 16-34 20-27 58.

Greeneville (55): Nicole Dickson 11-14 5-10 28, Ramsey 0-0 0-0 0, Christopher 1-1 0-1 2, Kelley 3-8 0-2 6, Morgan Shipley 3-4 3-4 11, Hall 0-2 0-0 0, Medlin 0-0 2-2 2, Story 3-3 0-0 6. Totals 21-32 10-19 55.

3-Point Goals: MWHS (6) Smith 3, Fanney 2, Watson. GHS (3) Shipley 2, Dickson.

Score by Quarter:

Morristown West 13 11 19 15 -- 58

Greeneville 22 4 18 11 -- 55

So your saying Taylor Hall had all of her 23 points in the first half?.......wow.

I would not call 29 to 23 points eating someones lunch. If you have a go to player that can score it just makes sense to put the ball in her hands.

Sounds like sour grapes because someones little hunny isnt getting there points. Careful Morristown West if you let that crap get started you can forget the success your capable off.

Rob, most of Halls points came at the line...and she was nearly perfect there but she only had 4 fg the entire game. Greeneville contributed to their own demise late in the game with turn-overs and missed free-throws. Dickson spent some time on the bench with foul-trouble, but did an adequate job defending Hall...and managed a double-double. We've been waiting for a head-to-head with Hall and Dickson and although the outcome went West's way, Dickson definitely had the better game. Galyon had better find someone to step up and guard her or the next game might end differently.

I made the trip to Greeneville last night to watch the IMAC front runners clash and I wasn't disappointed. Great game! This is the first time I've been able to watch Greeneville play this year and the second time I've watched Morristown West. Dickson played well last night both offensively and defensively. I have watched her play many times and I thought this was her best effort that I've witnessed. In the classic showdown of Dickson vs. Hall...Dickson won. Hall is good but made several key mistakes last night, but she is a great free throw shooter. From both games that I've watched Morristown West play this year, Galyon coaches like he has only two horses in his stable. He better pray that Hall and Goins stay healthy as most of his plays seem to revolve around those two girls.

Got my chance to see Crumley grab one of her players by the jersey last night, hold another players face, and I think that I saw something ever more aggressive but won't say publically as my view wasn't totally clear. (Yes I sat on the visitors side) For sure, she is an EMOTIONAL coach. She did use her bench to her advantage where Galyon barely subbed. Crumley kept effectively rotating her players to counter Galyon's players and plays.

Is Morristown West the clear front runner? No, they can be beaten. Top two or three in IMAC for sure, but Greeneville is hot on their heels.