IMAC (District 2 AAA) 2008-2009 Thread

raiderray

jmoore are you sure you aren't from Greeneville? You sound just like them after losing. Why must you make excuses and blame the game on the referees? How many turnovers did CC have? How many free throws did they miss? How many wide open shots did they miss? Maybe ptssportwriter can chime in on this.... I simply don't like it when people make excuses.....human error is part of the game...(that's if the refs were as bad as you say) and I take what people say about the officiating with a grain of salt because 99 percent of people have no clue as to what they are talking about and are "homers"......don't be a "homer" and make excuses as to why you lost........If MW and CC play 10 times....MW wins 9 of them...CC is a good team....MW is simply the the better team!

ha ha...i was just about to reply to jmoore's comment that they better watch out because dick will call them out on excuses. From your comments, it sounds like you weren't there and you weren't there in the games I've commented about the officiating. The IMAC refs are bad everywhere on both ends of the court. When we go play in the Tri-Cities, we see quality officiating. They keep things in order but are not noticably affecting the game either way. IMO, the IMAC refs seem too invested in the emotions of the game and do not call consistantly. That's very frustrating for a fan of any team.

MW and CC just don't match up too well with MW always having the advantage there. Hall takes it hard to CC's post players and rebounds well ALL the time. It's a different match-up when Greeneville and CC play. Nicole is more of a finesse player on offense tending to fade away which doesn't leave her with many offensive boards. Then again, she doesn't miss much so maybe it evens out. This year the Lady Devils have a hard time finishing with both of these teams, usually because our key players have fouled out or are incapacitated by injuries by the end of the game. It's really frustrating this year because we led the whole MW game (by as much as 8 or 10 points at one point) and we led a good portion of our CC game until the injury factor came into play. You are right, great teams learn to compensate for their injuries and circumstances and Greeneville has got to do that. Last night they finally got their groove back. Our younger players really stepped up their game and I think some confidence was built. They really have their work cut out for them today vs. Dobbyns-Bennett and again with MW AT MW on Friday. It will be interesting to see how and if we compensate.

Had hoped for a CC win to give us a chance to even out the standings but I guess it's going to come down to tournament time to see if Greeneville has a chance. It's going to be an up-hill battle though. Found out last night that Kelley is out for the rest of the season with a confirmed ACL tear. It's a huge loss for us and so sad for her Junior season and last season in the IMAC but she will have plenty of time to re-hab for next year. Best wishes to her and her family over the coming months.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you guy's would like to re-read my post, NOT one time did i say the ref's cost CCHS the game. Did i say it was horrible officiating like usual IMAC game's yes i did & i wont retract that statement, but NOT once did i say CCHS lost the game because of the ref's. CCHS lost the game because they are not the better team, they lost the game because of turnover's, missed easy shot's, & free throw's. BUT when the game was cut to 3 were they some questionable call's yes especially the charge & T that was called.

As for the over the back call's i will stick with my statement of saying she was climbing back's because she was! Did the ref's get the wrong call on the charge yes, look up the rule & it will say what i put. & as for the Technical foul it was on Wade & from my point of few it was a wrong call, now could i hear what Wade said no of course not but by his action's he didnt deserve a Technical.

& yes i agree with you if MW & CCHS played 10 time's MW would win 9 of 10. MW is simply the better team i have'nt denied that at all, they just simply have more playmaker's & shooter's.

As for as me saying MW won by 14 because foul after foul was called that also is a true statement.

If you guy's would like to re-read my post, NOT one time did i say the ref's cost CCHS the game. Did i say it was horrible officiating like usual IMAC game's yes i did & i wont retract that statement, but NOT once did i say CCHS lost the game because of the ref's. CCHS lost the game because they are not the better team, they lost the game because of turnover's, missed easy shot's, & free throw's. BUT when the game was cut to 3 were they some questionable call's yes especially the charge & T that was called.

As for the over the back call's i will stick with my statement of saying she was climbing back's because she was! Did the ref's get the wrong call on the charge yes, look up the rule & it will say what i put. & as for the Technical foul it was on Wade & from my point of few it was a wrong call, now could i hear what Wade said no of course not but by his action's he didnt deserve a Technical.

& yes i agree with you if MW & CCHS played 10 time's MW would win 9 of 10. MW is simply the better team i have'nt denied that at all, they just simply have more playmaker's & shooter's.

As for as me saying MW won by 14 because foul after foul was called that also is a true statement.

Agreed and I have tried to get the same point across many times. I have never said they cost us a game either but I think if you type the word ref with any negative connotations with it, then Dick thinks you are a whiner and excuse-maker. Maybe he is a ref...? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Agreed and I have tried to get the same point across many times. I have never said they cost us a game either but I think if you type the word ref with any negative connotations with it, then Dick thinks you are a whiner and excuse-maker. Maybe he is a ref...? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Nope, not a ref, just a realist and not a hater. I love the game and realize that there is gonna be human error involved(on refs, players and coaches). Not just in basketball, but in life, I hate hearing people make excuses.

Good statements PTS.......wish I could have been there, heard it was a fantastic atmosphere....... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Nope, not a ref, just a realist and not a hater. I love the game and realize that there is gonna be human error involved(on refs, players and coaches). Not just in basketball, but in life, I hate hearing people make excuses.

Good statements PTS.......wish I could have been there, heard it was a fantastic atmosphere....... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Again, Dick, if you will carefully read the posts there were no excuses just stating facts while analyzing the games. You have to admit that I am not the only one disgusted with the officiating in the IMAC. There is a consensus that seems to be forming on this thread (from most of the teams represented) that the IMAC refs need some improvement.

Again, Dick, if you will carefully read the posts there were no excuses just stating facts while analyzing the games. You have to admit that I am not the only one disgusted with the officiating in the IMAC. There is a consensus that seems to be forming on this thread (from most of the teams represented) that the IMAC refs need some improvement.

One HUGE problem i have with the officiating in the IMAC is they let ref's that graduated from a IMAC school officiat their alma mater at time's. I have seen that done many time's over the year's.

& as for the Technical foul it was on Wade & from my point of few it was a wrong call, now could i hear what Wade said no of course not but by his action's he didnt deserve a Technical.

The technical foul was assessed on the bench (as are all technicals not on a player).

It was a bench decorum technical, called because the assistant left his seat on the bench.

One HUGE problem i have with the officiating in the IMAC is they let ref's that graduated from a IMAC school officiat their alma mater at time's. I have seen that done many time's over the year's.

Yes that IS a problem. Probably not on purpose but sub-consciously they tend to make calls toward their affiliations. However, I've noticed one ref that seems to call against us because he is from Greene County. Sometimes I think he overcomensates against us so that people won't accuse him of being biased. But, you're right, there needs to be a way of assigning them to make sure they are not calling a game where they have ties to either team.

Had hoped for a CC win to give us a chance to even out the standings but I guess it's going to come down to tournament time to see if Greeneville has a chance. It's going to be an up-hill battle though. Found out last night that Kelley is out for the rest of the season with a confirmed ACL tear. It's a huge loss for us and so sad for her Junior season and last season in the IMAC but she will have plenty of time to re-hab for next year. Best wishes to her and her family over the coming months.

I think a lot of us that knew about Brianna Kelley's injury had feared the worst or knew the worst, but it's always sad to hear it confirmed. That's a big loss for the Lady Devils, and I'm just curious about something.

I read about Rainey Story injuring a shoulder in the Cocke County game last Friday. So my question is this for either ghsbballfan, barb, or anybody else associated with Greeneville. How is she doing and how long is she out? I saw that she didn't play against Cherokee, and I'm assuming she was out against D-B also. Just curious because I think she is a terrific player for the Lady Devils.

Also, on a side note, is she related to Gabe Story and how is she related if she is?

I will agree with all the previous statements about the IMAC officiating. There is no excuse for the fact that guys call games for a school they either went to or kids go to. Not to mention, you have several..I mean SEVERAL who are way out of shape and cannot keep up. So they will call fouls well out of position while waddling up the floor. Then you have a select few who choose to be show-stealers...always pausing after blowing their whistle to make sure the crowd is trained on them. And then once they make the call, they get that "crowd pop" that gives them their jollies.

I will also in the same breath say there are several very good officials in the IMAC. I don't want to name any names either good or bad, but I have seen some they officiate very consistently and with no bias.

On a side note...I was at the CCHS/MWHS game in Newport. I did not see Taylor "climbing over backs" for rebounds. What I did see was a phenomenal talent crashing boards and making plays. I did see CCHS get away on several occasions with grabbing onto jerseys, which is holding. So, Taylor may have gotten away with over the back, but both teams got away with stuff. I thought the officiating in the game was consistently called. Both teams got away with a lot and both were whistled for fouls I thought were a little questionable.

All in all...guess what I am trying to say is...give me the Tri-Cities officiating crews any day.

I think a lot of us that knew about Brianna Kelley's injury had feared the worst or knew the worst, but it's always sad to hear it confirmed. That's a big loss for the Lady Devils, and I'm just curious about something.

I read about Rainey Story injuring a shoulder in the Cocke County game last Friday. So my question is this for either ghsbballfan, barb, or anybody else associated with Greeneville. How is she doing and how long is she out? I saw that she didn't play against Cherokee, and I'm assuming she was out against D-B also. Just curious because I think she is a terrific player for the Lady Devils.

Also, on a side note, is she related to Gabe Story and how is she related if she is?

Yes, it is sad but Kelley is one of those kids that you know will be back probably better than before because she obviously has a passion for the game. It is going to be a tough up-hill battle for the Lady Devils without her. She and Story are the top scorers behind Nicole, each of them outscoring her a few times this year so it has been a rough couple of weeks. But, I think Story will be back soon...she tried to play in the DB game but must of still been hurting a little. I guess they took her out so as not to take a chance on aggravating whatever is wrong with her shoulder. Wise decision since it wasn't a conference game and we will definitely need her on Friday. I could be wrong but I'm thinking she is closely related to Gabe but unsure whether it is a brother or cousin. You're right, she is terrific and exciting to watch.