IMAC (District 2 AAA) 2008-2009 Thread

raiderray

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good showings around the IMAC the last two nights.

Cocke County won by 10 at Pigeon Forge on Monday..

On Tuesday, Jefferson County beat PF by 11...Greeneville won at Maryville and Cherokee lost to Dobyns-Bennett by 6.

Jeff played with a lot of intensity last night. The rotataion also got shorter, the starters played the whole 1st quarter. The Jeff County team that played last night is a better team then the one I saw play Cherokee. They need that intensity every night to overcome thier lack of height.

Good luck Friday. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Coach Lewis received 3 t's in about 15 seconds from 2 different officials. IMO, the refs went a little crazy a whole lot more than what lewis did. A ref should walk away after giving one, not stand there and bait the coach for a second. His partner then runs in frm nowhere and gives lewis the 3rd. The girls actually took it to heart I believe and played extremely hard(diving on the floor after loose balls and everything). Coach can get fired up, but this was one time the referees went overboard.

And these were not those terrible " IMAC" officials....... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

And these were not those terrible " IMAC" officials....... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

/ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> Dang! They must get worse the farther west you go... I feel for those Memphis teams /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

/ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> Dang! They must get worse the farther west you go... I feel for those Memphis teams /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

In Memphis, no blood no foul, is the rule....but we don't want anybody to get hurt.... /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

In Memphis, no blood no foul, is the rule....but we don't want anybody to get hurt.... /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> yup sounds about right.

Woah, I just read the article in the Greeneville paper about next year's conference. We will be called the Blue Ridge Athletic Conference (BRAC?) and each of the schools will have the choice of keeping the refs they have or choosing to use the Tri-Cities group. All the other Greene County schools use them already and have decided to continue. I wonder which way AD Richards and the coaches will decide to go...

Morristown West 8-0

Cocke County 6-2

Greeneville 5-3

Jefferson County 4-4

Morristown East 1-7

Cherokee 0-8

West ranked 2nd in the AP Poll. Only a few pts out of first.

Cocke County ranked 9th again.

Morristown West has clinched the top seed in the district tournament.

Big week ahead for Greeneville and Cocke County.

Whoever wins Friday night (barring any upsets tomorrow) gets the 2 seed, the bye and regional berth...

Either way it seems the seeds are pretty well set for the tournament.

1) West

2) CC/Greeneville winner

3) CC/Greeneville loser

4) Jeff

5) East

6) Cherokee

(Unless Cherokee beats East on Friday and won the coin flip on Saturday)