Gibson County @ Humbolt

GCP

Gibson County makes a short trip to yet another rival game against Humbolt. The Pioneers are looking for their fifth win of the season, but one thing stands in the way. Humbolt. Humbolt is down this year but no one in region 8 2a likes loosing to GC. Here's a little history on this match-up. Gibson County has never beaten Humbolt. When i say never i mean never. It will be Humbolt's senior night and halloween night. Can GC get the W and make history with this win? Give me your thoughts.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gibson County makes a short trip to yet another rival game against Humbolt. The Pioneers are looking for their fifth win of the season, but one thing stands in the way. Humbolt. Humbolt is down this year but no one in region 8 2a likes loosing to GC. Here's a little history on this match-up. Gibson County has never beaten Humbolt. When i say never i mean never. It will be Humbolt's senior night and halloween night. Can GC get the W and make history with this win? Give me your thoughts.

No..It will still be never..Humboldt wins!

Doesn't look good for Gibson County. They seem to have lost something as the year has gone on. Has something happened there or has the schedule just been tougher in recent weeks?

Well....it seems as if we get pumped up about some games and we don't get so pumped about other games. I won't say anything terribly bad has happened besides the fact we come out flat in some games. We lost to Peabody 16-0 in a game where we came out COMPLETELY flat and looked horrible in the second half. We drilled a down Dresden team 47-0 as expected. We spotted Westview 2 TD's to start out the game by fumbeling the ball twice and them eventually scoring on the turnovers, we lost that game 42-49 and could've/should've won. We played a USJ team that is currently ranked #5 in 2A and lost by 28. Don't forget that this GC team did beat 1A TCA who is on cruise control for a Region title and they just defeated a 3A Lexington team.

We only lost to Humboldt last year by the score of 10-7 on a TD run by EJ Epperson in the last 30 seconds of the game. That game was definately a Defensive game. We were up 7-3 with about 30 seconds left and they put EJ in the backfield and let him rumble upfield and score the winning TD.

GC DOES have a great shot to win this game IF we come out pumped. If we come out dead like we have against USJ, JCS, and Peabody we do not deserve to win. If we come out like we did against Dresden and TCA then we have a great shot of coming away with a W. Also, IF GC does win Friday night and we get alot of help from other teams across the state, GC will get into the playoffs in a wildcard spot!!!! We will be 2-5 in the Region, however we have a 3-0 non-region record. I don't know how all of that works but it IS a possibility for GC Friday night! Go out there and WINNNNN this game and hopefully earn a playoff spot!!!!!

Overcoming that kind of history is hard to do, but maybe the odds are in GC's favor. I mean, you have to beat them sometime. Even Memphis finally beat TN.

I'm gonna go with the Pioneers.

GC.....24

Humboldt.....21

Your right. Over coming history is hard. But odds like that is something GC is used to and it dosen't weigh on their minds. They have a really talented senior class who was part of that four win team four years ago before Argo left them. They would love nothin more thanto win 5 games and have the winningest record in their 4 years at GC. Coaches have been preaching all week how its a must win if the team as more weeks to prepare for or not, and GC going to the playoffs is against great odds so its a continueing battle every week. I think GC pulls this one out also.

Doesn't look good for Gibson County. They seem to have lost something as the year has gone on. Has something happened there or has the schedule just been tougher in recent weeks?

A region 8 2A schedule is always tuff, especially when 4 of the teams in the district are in the same county. Those games go futher than just friday night. I will agree GC lost alot of fire in some games they should of won, alot of people beleive the only definate loses they should of had this year were milan and USJ, and JCS should of been alot closer, but thats the past and GC is promised only one more game. You can beleive they will have more fire than alot of people think. They are inspispired by even being in the playoff talk. Think about how long its been since you've heard GC talked about in playoff sinerios, (even though alot would have to happen to get in). I think you will see the GC team who beat TCA if not even better. And trust me, they aren't takin Humbolt lightly, especially since they are inner county rivals.