Riverdale coaching change? Coach A out? Rankin back in? rumor has it?

warrior82dad

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a better rumor.................about as valid as the Rankin one. I think some people just blurt stuff out so that head will rattle a bit and indicate that there may be a brain lurking in that area.

Here's mine...............this is what really may happen!

Original Head Coach at Riverdale, Phil Watts (become very wealthy----actually very true) will BUY Riverdale and turn it into EAGLE ACADEMY; the private school of all private schools and immediately challenge all Tenn privates.

ole!!

Rumor has it in east tenn. that coach Rankin has been approached about coming back to the Warriors...anyone heard this?????

I have heard nothing about him wanting to go back to Riverdale BUT I have heard he is interested in coming back to Middle TN and possible Rutherford county.

I have heard from some sources out there close to him that he and his family are not happy out there.

Here is a better rumor.................about as valid as the Rankin one. I think some people just blurt stuff out so that head will rattle a bit and indicate that there may be a brain lurking in that area.

Here's mine...............this is what really may happen!

Original Head Coach at Riverdale, Phil Watts (become very wealthy----actually very true) will BUY Riverdale and turn it into EAGLE ACADEMY; the private school of all private schools and immediately challenge all Tenn privates.

ole!!

WOW!!!!! How about that? That would be interesting. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

While Gary is an above average coach, he is a master at is following talent. He knew when to leave Riverdale. He will know not to come back. He wont go anywhere where there is not a great chance of winning big, and winning quick.

Riverdale is a down for a reason and it doesnt have much to do with coaching. Zoning, new high schools, and population patterns have more to do with Riverdale's season than anything.

While Gary is an above average coach, he is a master at is following talent. He knew when to leave Riverdale. He will know not to come back. He wont go anywhere where there is not a great chance of winning big, and winning quick.

Riverdale is a down for a reason and it doesnt have much to do with coaching. Zoning, new high schools, and population patterns have more to do with Riverdale's season than anything.

The 'talent' is still at R'dale. While we do not have a Gaston Miller type anymore, one would be wasted there now anyway as the WingT does not feature a premier RB like our old formation did.

Second I also have heard that he (well not him, but the wife does) wants to come back to Middle Tn, but the 'RUMOR' I did hear was that it was going to be to Siegel if they did not have a good season this year.

Third we have the normal spreading of rumors for a BIG pay raise and/or Bonus from the school he is currently at. If I was betting I would say this is the most likely. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

AMEN!

Would he be interested in coming to Lincoln County if Coach Thompson hangs it up after this season?

I always heard that Rankin would love the chance to take the helm at LC where he wouldn't have to compete for athletes w/i the county.