Riverdale coaching change? Coach A out? Rankin back in? rumor has it?

warrior82dad

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard the other day that Crawford from Brentwood might be a possiblity as a succesor at Riverdale.Anyone heard anything like that?

Crawford would be a great choice.

Yes, he is coaching at Tullahoma.

Guys, this job isn't even open. How about you support the Warriors in their last game this year and let Mr. Nolan make any decisions w/o you getting the players all worked up reading this?

Very true.....need to allow Nolan to make the decision if necessary.

I heard the other day that Crawford from Brentwood might be a possiblity as a succesor at Riverdale.Anyone heard anything like that?

I wouldnt put it past him to come back, even to take a pay cut. The 1st time the job was open, I think he wanted to avoid the Steve Spurrier/Ron Zook effect and all the crazy expectations that would come along with it. However, he has made it on his own at Brentwood, and sometimes making a stamp on your own program is better than coming back home. Ive heard that Nolan is behind Coach A all the way, so something drastic is going to need to happen for anything to change, although another year out of the playoffs could certainly change some opinions

While Gary is an above average coach, he is a master at is following talent. He knew when to leave Riverdale. He will know not to come back. He wont go anywhere where there is not a great chance of winning big, and winning quick.

Riverdale is a down for a reason and it doesnt have much to do with coaching. Zoning, new high schools, and population patterns have more to do with Riverdale's season than anything.

I will repectfully disagree with you the talent is still at RIVERDALE..while this years team may not have been a state championship team they are defintalt region championship team AND WE HAVE GONE to the state championship game with LESS talent than we have this year

While i always liked Rankin and i would LOVE FOR HIM to come back and prove to yall that the talent level is NOT DOWN...he is not coming back to RIVERDALE...Hes been there done that I do think that he would consider a position and LC

2P i do miss this part us disagreeing on topics and supporting it with my fact and you keep throwing out your partial facts LOL

I have also heard that Mr. Nolan supports Coach A and that coach A will probaly be back if he is going to be let go it will be this year as this is his tenure year after this year it would be harder to let him go so if Mr Nolan is happy with coach A then he will be around for as long as he wants but if he evaluates it and decides to make a move it will have to be this year

The players are already done for this year has not been much practice or much going on so thursday night should be intresting